“lovely place, so friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Café, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“lovely place, so friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and mum in law found this place after they had shopped and I was the other side of town. I was summoned with scant instructions to the location, managed to find it and had a lovely cappuccino and a sandwich. Very friendly staff, service with a smile!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SallyatCranfords, Owner at Cranford Cafe & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your review, our Cafe staff were delighted to read your comments.
Sounds like you had a great day (or two) in Knutsford, and I hope we may be of service to you again in the future. Kind Regards, Sally Freeman

Cheshire
“Our office favourite !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Having tried all the places for a takeaway lunch in Knutsford, we now use Cranford Cafe almost every other day. Generally we order online and collect 20 minutes later only needing to pop in to the shop and collect/pay.

The daily specials are really good value and i find all the staff friendly and helpful.

I would like them to add Sour Cherry and Ginger Florantines to their menu

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SallyatCranfords, Owner at Cranford Cafe & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hi "Uncle Bob"
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write such a lovely review about Cranfords; my staff were delighted to read your comments. Our cake baker, Julie, is having a bit of a flap about your "Florantine" request but we never know what she's going to come up with next, so watch this space!!
We looking to feeding you again soon,
Sally & Team
Manchester, United Kingdom
“arrogance beyond belief!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We visited this sandwich bar /shop today 10/4/14 on a day out in Knutsford. The time was 13.55. On arrival the welcome was non existent, the proprietor instead of welcoming us with a smile gave us a terse greeting of "no hot food now only cold stuff"! Bearing in mind the sign on the door said open to 3pm, I asked politely "what is available please "? and he exclaimed " only cold sandwiches because we are closing soon ". So we decided to order and my girlfreind and I ordered 2 sandwiches off the menu. This is when the experience went off the scale!!!! The proprietor proceeded to make the fastest sandwiches i have ever witnessed in my whole life and instead of asking us whether we wanted salad or condiments he wrapped them up like he was selling fruit on a market stall. I mentioned that I had wanted salad and he reopened my sandwich and added salad reluctantly. You will notice that up to now I had not mentioned the cost as the cost is not the issue. There was little or no effort in the whole procedure of "making the sandwich". The owner's attitude throughtout was one of arrogance as though we were invading his sandwich shop and asking for something that would have challenged him. When i asked in a friendly manner "what time do you close today?" he said "soon"!!!!! What an hour and 5 minutes later I thought at the time.!!! In fsct we drove past the premises on our way out of Knutsford at 14.50 and he was still serving in the shop!!! We both eat out at all sorts of places in and out of the area, in fact we are from Didsbury, but we have friends , working colleagues and relations who all live in the Knustford area and this sandwich /cafe bar /shop is on our black list rest assured.
Knutsford is a mid cheshire tourist destination and this kind of practice of contempt with one's clientele is not acceptable.
The proprietor has had ( in our opinion) had it too quick and too easy. His arrogance is beyond belief!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SallyatCranfords, Owner at Cranford Cafe & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Barry
As the most definately female owner/proprietor of Cranfords, I was so disappointed to learn of your experience last Friday in our Sandwich Bar, and firstly I offer my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory service you received.
Please be assured that I have already spoken with the member of staff involved with regard to all the points you raised.
At the time of your visit, our Hot Roast of the day had regrettably sold out, and he should (and clearly didn't) have offered you a selection of hot food from our range of toasted panini, breakfast items, soups and jacket potatoes which are all available, all day.
I will also be speaking with all of our team tomorrow (monday) to highlight the issues you raised, and to remind them of the need to offer customers condiments and salads on all our cold sandwiches, which is our norm.
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, and I sincerely hope that next time you visit Knutsford you will afford me the opportunity of apologising to you in person, and demonstrating to you our normally first class standards of customer care and service.
Kindest regards
Sally
Denmead
“Cafe was excellent - let down a little by the takeaway staff though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast to break up a 6 hour drive up to North Wales. The café is lovely. Very clean, nice staff and the breakfasts were excellent. Lots of choice on the menu. Between the 5 of us (myself, my wife, my in-laws and sister-in-law) we had 3 different versions of their cooked breakfast. All of them came out together, were lovely and hot and cooked to perfection. The staff were extremely friendly and there was no waiting around.
The only thing that stopped this getting 5 stars was the takeaway side of the café. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law went round to get us some cakes to takeaway and eat on the journey. When my mother-in-law enquired about a couple of the cakes the gentleman behind the counter was not only unhelpful but flat out rude to her. At the time we mentioned it to the ladies in the café side who seemed annoyed by this and we got the impression ours wasn't the first complaint they had received about this particular member of staff.
Despite that slight negative, we would still go back (but avoid the shop half of the café!). We even considered stopping in there on the way home however our poorly son meant we couldn't.
I would recommend this place as one rude person cant take away from how good everything else was. To the ladies on the café side - thank you for a lovely breakfast and the great service.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our Cafe, we loved the photos (!) and we are delighted you enjoyed your breakfast and our Cafe service. I do hope your son has now recovered
I'm so sorry you received less than satisfactory service in the Sandwich Bar; I can only apologise and assure you this is not our "norm", all our staff work in both areas of the business and are fully aware of the importance of first class customer service.
We would love to welcome you back to Cranfords next time you are journeying.
Kindest Regards
Sally
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Scrummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

2nd visit. Eggs Benedict-ish absolutely superb and ideal portion size, enjoyed dining in a relaxing atmosphere. Had the Wesh Rarebit last time which was equally as tasty. Great place to meet up with friends. Realistc prices. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SallyatCranfords, Owner at Cranford Cafe & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hi, thank you so much for your lovely review; our "eggs benedict-ish" is a new addition to our menu so we're delighted you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Sally & the team.