“Great atmosphere disappointing food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 80 Restaurants in Knutsford
Cuisines: English, British, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Old Sessions House summons you to come and be judicious! The second arrival into the New Moon Pub family set in the heart of the bustling market town of Knutsford embodies all the ideals that we hold dear. Fresh cooking and wines of distinction in home away from home surroundings. newmoonpub co uk
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Service was very friendly, decor lovely but the food was very disappointing, cheshire cheese sausage starter sounded interesting until it arrived as a breadcrumb covered piece of deep fried cheese.. Not good, very greasy. Soup starter ok but not great..bit bland . both our main courses were disappointing..., coffee weak served with an undercooked shortbread biscuit .. and yes we did tell the waiter of our experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Knutsford
“Fabulous ! Service was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Visited again with our newborn baby & were made so welcome ! Baby changing facilities were very clean & safe. The market menu is amazing value for money - food quality & portions were excellent. The shin beef pie was gorgeous. Our baby woke to be fed just as our starters were ready & were due to go to the table, the waiter offered to help us carry everything over & let us wait till we were ready. We didn't feel pressured & certainly didn't feel like we were an inconvenience. Still recommended this place to everyone locally but even more so now ! Well done TOSH for looking after families. There really is something for everyone here ! Big 10/10 for food, staff & service - will be back again soon, thankyou

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Nantwich
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'd wanted to go to the Old Sessions House since it opened. Unfortunately the first time I found myself in Knutsford was on a lunchtime after having had a late cooked breakfast (having been to a wedding in Manchester the night before), so when I finally got there I wasn't terribly hungry....

Service was excellent and they were quite happy serving us with just a light bite. I never thought I would get excited about gnocchi - but the gnochci I had here was some of the nicest I've had.

They make good use of local ingredients,

We'll be back, when I've got a better appetite, to do the place justice!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Not a bad place to eat and drink”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

It is the first time I have been in there since re-opening and it has been decorated tastefully and gives off a relaxed atmosphere. Friendly service from the waitress, who wasn't afraid to chat to us and have a laugh.

We all enjoyed our three courses, highlights of the meal were the Desserts. The Chocolate Brownie with toasted marshmallows was amazing. The Hot Chocolate was also very unique and is definitley worth a try. The Sirloin Steak for my main was ok, not the best piece but you get everything you want on your plate.

We had the 50% off food and my personal thoughts are that if we didn't have this discount then I would choose to eat somewhere else for an evening meal. For a lunch or a place to meet friends and have a platter or light meal then I do think it's brilliant.

One thing that really does need to change is the menu layout. The platters need to be spaced out as they just blend into one and the wine list on the back needs to be halved or presented a lot differently. There are too many and the font is too small. Got to the point where I didn't want to read it any longer. Please change this as less is more!

This addition to Knutsford is worth a try, but it doesn't replace any of my favourites in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Credit where credit is due. Lovely dinner, we all really enjoyed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was the first time we visited the old sessions, since it refurb. What a great job they have done. We went with friends, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food. It is a little more pricey than I thought, but was worth it.welldone

• Visited December 2012