“A Superb stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Knutsford
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“A Superb stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Firstly I dont write many reviews but I am making an exception for this experience.
The trip was booked as a present and started well.
The room was lovely , traditional four poster bed and a view over the extensive gardens. The bottle of chilled champagne was a nice touch.
The dinner was good without being exceptional but the atmosphere was just right. We had a superb time and will be going back .

Room Tip: We had the Windsor Suite which was excelllent
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MereCourtHotel, Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. Your positive comments have been shared with our team and we hope to welcome you back soon.

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Superb gardens and grounds are the outstanding feature of this country house hotel. The bedrooms are really comfortable and the food is very good. What let's it down is the lack of character in the bar and communal areas which are rather too corporate and need upgrading in line with the expected ambience.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house are superb
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and its beautiful grounds. I am disappointed to read that you feel the bar area is too 'corporate'. We pride ourselves on our homely environments and good homemade dishes with a relaxed and friendly service. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Mere Court is a wonderful place full of character. The rooms are really comfortable with all amenities supplied. The food is excellent and the staff are fantastic. The hotel comes into it's own when you include the grounds. The lake and the gardens are truly delightful and offer a beautiful short country walk without leaving the grounds of the hotel. I would imagine the hotel would be splendid as a wedding venue particularly a summer wedding. In fact I can imagine it would be ideal as a venue for any large gathering. I would recommend the hotel as an excellent place to stay.

What a fantastic review!

Thank you for your lovely comments and our team are always happy to hear such positive feedback.

We would love to welcome you back soon!

wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

absolutely fabulous wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone, everything was great definitely a 10 star hotel couldn't fault it one bit, everybody in our party had the same view from start to finish superb, also friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MereCourtHotel, Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2013

I am really pleased to read such positive feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice quiet location in lovely grounds. I stayed here for two nights and had a meeting in the conference centre. The room was very hot for me, even after I turned off the radiators, the heat was from the pipes running round the room. The room was clean and very spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant was ok, we had to send the steaks back as they were overdone as was the fish that I ordered too, however was soon rectified.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MereCourtHotel, Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 11, 2013

We have started to try and heat the rooms a little more with the cold weather upon us. My apologies that on this occasion, it was obviously not needed with the room being of a good temperature for you. I'm pleased that we managed to resolve the issue with your meal also. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I attended this hotel for a wedding reception. Staff on the whole friendly, service during the reception was fine but the breakfast service left a little to be desired.
Facilities were good and atmosphere very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review and positive comments about the Wedding. We welcome all feedback to improve our Hotel so I'm disappointed to read about your breakfast experience but I am unsure as to what led you to feel like it left a lot to be desired. I would be more than happy to hear about it if you want to give me a call.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The 1st receptionist was having a bad day. The food for lunch & dinner was poor. Dinner was sent back for being overcooked & there was not enough lunch for the group so had to wait while everyone else ate. Shower in the morning was tepid then cold. 2nd receptionist had the personality of a road sign. When I checked out I was ready to give my constructive feedback but was given the bill to pay without anything other than sign here. So much potential for such a great hotel but really need to look up customer service in the dictionary for for reception. The concierge at the conference centre could not have been nicer though.

Thanks for your review,

All our staff are friendly and welcoming on reception so I am unsure as to what has led you to feel that they were having a bad day or lacking personality. It is a small team who all enjoy contributing to Mere Court's success which can also be noted by the amount of positive feedback we receive on reviews. We are always happy to hear feedback and greatly welcome it and I really wish you had brought it to my attention on checkout so we could have helped rectify some of the shortfalls you experienced.

Operations Manager

Been to Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre? Share your experiences!