“Couple break - amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1 Night Sunday Stay £149
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Knutsford
Ruthin, United Kingdom
“Couple break - amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have just stayed at the hotel and had an amazing experience. The rooms were fabulous, spa amazing and the lads said that the golf course was a great course. Our stay was well worth the money spent - in fact I'd say a bargain. The food was lovely both in the club lounge and Browns. During the evening there was a pianist playing modern music which left a great atmosphere. We will definitely be staying again!

Room Tip: We had a club room which was beautiful and had lovely patio doors which allowed grea access to golf...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Ceri J
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.
It certainly sounds like you were able to make the most of your stay by sampling each and every part of our wonderful resort.
Keep up to date with our latest deals by visiting our website.
We look forward to welcoming you all back very soon.
Best Wishes
Guest Services Manager

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed in hotel for wedding anniversary. Very warm welcome at reception and feature of the stay was the friendliness and service from the staff who went out of their way to help. All staff were good but Dave is particularly worth a mention. From showing us to our room, explaining the spa and even popping up in the restaurant, he was friendly, amusing and helpful all the time. We stayed in a junior suite which was very well equipped. Spa facilities are excellent. There were some children there at the time but not too noisy and staff quickly moved them out of the adult areas when the odd "incursion" occurred. Had a very nice meal in Browns restaurant in the evening. Again good service. A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Colin M,

Thank you for your special mention to Dave our Concierge, he will be delighted to read your kind words.

I am so pleased to learn that Dave added towards your enjoyable stay with us and was successful in delivering great customer service- Something we strive for every day.

We here at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa would like to thank you for choosing us to celebrate your wedding anniversary and hope that we helped in making some great memories.

Please do come and see us again soon, perhaps email me and let me know when you are arriving and I will make a note in my diary to meet and greet you personally.

Thank you for the fabulous review.

Best Wishes

Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Spent 3 nights in the surprisingly modern, comfortable hotel with my daughter, as a relaxing break. We loved the treatment rooms at the spa, with very professional staff, making us feel pampered. Enjoyed the pool and steam and sauna rooms every day. Ate in the Club Lounge the first night, and Brown's for breakfasts and an evening meal- all meals were of a high standard. Only niggle was in the evening felt Brown's a bit draughty, so we had to move tables to a more sheltered spot. The restaurant is sited in the hotel lobby, and one of the two sets of front doors were kept open- hence the draught! We weren't the only guests to move so must be a common complaint. Overall really enjoyed our stay, and would return if visiting Cheshire again.

Room Tip: Ask for room above lower ground if you want a view of the lake and golf course.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

When I arrived I had a full sense of excitement, It had such a good feel to it from the steps to the door, I just wanted to get in there. When I entered a young local girl welcomed me and showed to the reception where I could get my room key. When I received my "smart card" key I ran to my room in delight.The curtains were a nice golden velvet and I couldn't stop touching them. I then jumped on to the bed and I felt like I could stay in there forever.

I then went to dinner and a nice young waiter named George was very helpful. He was quick and very nice with me and always talked to me and I felt valued. I would recommend him HIGHLY!!!!

The food was also very nice. I had a nice rare steak. I also recommended this as well.

Room Tip: "Rooms near George Duncan can be noisy"
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear YuYing2013,

What a fabulous review!! I felt your excitement just reading it..

It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you for your special mention to George in our Browns Restaurant, I will of course make sure this is fed back to him.

Kindest Regards

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a nights spa break on a 'Fizzy Friday - Dinner, Bed and Breakfast package.' The hotel is wonderfully situated in the middle of The Mere golf course and has very pleasing views across the lake and golf course. Although our room was on a lower level and didn't have any views itself the room was very well appointed and had large comfortable bed and was very nicely furnished in a modern style. Everything was very clean and perfect for a spa getaway experience. Dinner in the atrium restaurant was very good although waitress service seemed to dip towards the end of the meal when staff seemed to suddenly lose interest with our section of the restaurant with people on neighbouring table finally complaining about delay in receiving drinks and service. In the end we failed to order subsequent round of drinks nor dessert as we couldn't be bothered to wait for the waitress to come over.

Breakfast was reasonable but not was a little below the rest of the level of quality provided.

The Spa facilities were very nice with reasonable size pool and Jacuzzi, scent , steam and sauna rooms. There were some children having swimming lessons when we first arrived but this didn't impact on our enjoyment of the spa at all and was nice to see.

Quite different to the Faversham Arms Spa I also visited being a much larger and far more commercial operation but rooms and Spa are easily comparable between the two. I'd certainly be happy to come and stay at The Mere as it offers a very convenient and pleasant spa break experience.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms only have outlook onto Brick steps. Try to get room on ground or higher level flo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I treated ourselves to a day spa at The Mere. Right from the point of arrival this places oozes quality and luxury, allied with excellent customer service, attentiveness and attention to detail.
Even the massage tables are warmed!
A totally relaxing day well worth the cost- I would heartily recommend

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren_yates, Public Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Ferg51,

Thank you for sharing successful Spa experience with us.

I am delighted that you made special mention to our excellent customer service, attentiveness and attention to detail. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team.

We hope that during the cold winter months you will be back to warm up at The Mere.

Kindest Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent service, my friends and i visited The Mere a few weekends back and had an excellent time.
We were greeted at reception by a lovely young lady that showed us to our lockers and was very helpful. She gave us a little tour around the spa so we were sure of where everything was. After using all of the facilities (so many to do) we then made our way over to the spa bar, here i had the club sandwich which was very very nice!
After spending the whole day relaxing by the pool, things only got better. We were booked in for our treatments at 5pm and all had the "serenity" each therapist was extremely professional and unlike most spa's really cared about their clients needs. A young lady coral did my treatment and she did an excellent treatment, probably one of the best full body massages that i have ever received! After your treatment you receive a gorgeous sorbet which really adds a nice little touch to your treatment, you are then shown into a room at the end of your treatment with big comfy beds for you to keep relaxing. If your looking for a fun yet relaxing pamper day with the girls then i would highly recommend you book onto one of the "serenity" soon!
Excellent customer service and gorgeous hotel in fantastic grounds

Thankyou for a fantastic weekend.

Rebecca and friends

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!