“Bank Holiday Break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Knutsford
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Bank Holiday Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel itself is modern and our suite was very spacious with a separate lounge area and decorated in a contemporary style. Lovely views over the golf course and very friendly staff. Only surprise was the mini bar with no spirit selection rather 2 cans of Boddingtons??? Also check out at 11am we felt was a little on the early side! Apart from theses issues we would stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on their fizzy Friday deal; which included dinner & bottle of prosecco in the room. The room was lovely, very clean. Bed really comfortable. All staff we met we very very friendly. Definately worth a recommendation.

• Stayed August 2013
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Jilllian
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
The Fizz Friday is a great promotion, be sure to look out for the Sparkling Sunday package also which is very similar and equally as popular.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so much so that you would recommend us to friends and family.
Should you or anyone you know make a reservation with us be sure to make me aware and I will personally make sure they experience the same great guest journey you did
We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Absolutely Brilliant! We had a 2 night mid week spa break. We had a complimentary room upgrade which was a pleasant surprise. We also had an unexpected surprise in the room because it was our anniversary. The Spa facilities were very good especially compared to some other 5* venues. Very clean and modern and we also had two good spa treatments. Dinner on both nights in Browns was very good indeed. Staff were very friendly and on the couple occasions we had to sort problems ( due to inconsiderate guests) they responded quickly. Breakfast was excellent and Bar prices were also reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend visiting here for business or pleasure and we will definitely be returning. In fact we are very tempted to make it our permanent Spa break venue. For the price this is by far the best we have visited. If your undecided about weather to book just the press button. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at this absolute gem of a hotel for two nights - On my own and in need of pampering! From the outset I was beautifully looked after and wanted for nothing. I had booked through Secret Escapes and had a lovely suite for an amazingly good price. Great Dinner in Brown's Restaurant and a lovely Rose Cocoon Hydrating Treatment in the Spa. I cannot fault it at all - the holiday was perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sally R
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
Like you, I like to travel to hotels for a little R&R – It is so important to feel safe, welcome and comfortable when traveling alone. Reading your review I really felt that we successfully delivered that too you.
It is truly an honour to be called an “Absolute Gem of a Hotel” for that we thank-you!!
As for the Rose Cocoon Hydration treatment, GREAT choice!! (My personal favourite)
Should you stay again, please feel free to email and let me know of your arrival it would be great to meet you in person and hear more about your stay.
We hope to see you soon at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Lauren
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a one night spa break. The location and exterior of the hotel is beautiful and really excites. Check in was smooth and the staff friendly.
The rooms are very pleasant with large comfortable beds, great bathroom and some nice little touches like local magazines, one of the best hotel rooms i have stayed in.
The spa is a winning feature and a must for all. Great design, lots of features and overall a fantastic area.
We ate in the golf club lounge which was nice but we felt a bit like we were in the way of the "regulars" being surrounded by golfers.
We decided to have our desert as roof service and this is the part that dissapointed. It took three phone calls to get the room service (one to order, one to pay and one to check where it was) and when it arrived it was:
- patheticly small
- obviously not
- cold.
When we came to pay, the room service had been discounted without us even mentioning it as if they already knew it was rubbish.
We were also surprised at the quality of the breakfast which was poor considering the astronomical price!
Overall we really enjoyed our stay with some little issues that let it down. However, as the title of the review states, the whole place seems to lack a certain passion and flare that makes a hotel come alive, it all seems a bit zombie-ish, this isnt a review of the staff as they where great but the atmosphere.

Dear Adam S
Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us.
I would like to make you aware that we rely on learning of our guest experiences as it is imperative to the growth and development of our business. We take all comments/feedback very seriously and I have passed on your room service frustrations to our Food and Beverage Manager for him to investigate.
I am pleased to learn that it was dealt with appropriately on the day and that the charges were removed from your bill by way of an apology. I really believe this to be an isolated however unacceptable incident.
It seems like on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy our fabulous Spa facilities.
Should you wish to speak to me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me via email lauren.yates@themereresort.co.uk or alternatively 01565 830155
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed the Spa. The room was comfortable and had air con which was needed. The overall experience was good apart from one episode. As me and my girlfriend were driving out of the exit we were confronted bya very rude group of golfers. It started when we were driving down the exit road of the resort when one of the group shouted expletives about the fact I was driving whilst he was taking a putting shot. The language and abuse left us very upset. After informing staff at the resort we were given a blank look. Oh I don't know why this happened Sir. Beware of very territorial and abusive golfers when driving I'm and out of the resort. Other than this it was a good stay.

Dear Alan9149
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for sharing your feedback with us.
May I apologise on behalf of The Mere Golf Resort and Spa for the incident that happened upon leaving the resort.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel. Positives:
- check in staff were amazing, really friendly and helpful. They even provided us with some dressings for a cut I had sustained earlier on my finger- for which I am very grateful. Also allowed us to check in a little early as the room was available.
- the room was wonderful! We had a junior suite: which was huge, had a gorgeous bathroom and MASSIVE (very comfy) bed. Another plus for me was that the curtains were very thick, which meant that the room was super dark at night.
- breakfast was lovely
- the spa is AMAZING- I'm a spa lover and these are the best facilities and treatments I have ever experienced. Thank you so much to my therapist, Steph, who was wonderful.
- In general, all staff were very helpful.
- this is a bit odd, but the bedrooms smell amazing! I meant to ask what this was but totally forgot- can you tell me please?
- general decor and cleanliness was superb
- our room was very quiet- I was worried that we would be disturbed by our location next to the carpark andguests from a wedding that was taking place returning to their rooms, but we weren't at all by either - so either they were a very considerate wedding party or we had a very well sound proofed room (or maybe both!)

Only a few negatives:
- service in the golf bar was VERY slow, no matter when we went: we had 2 meals here and a seperate drink. A bit frustrating to be waiting to place your order while 5 staff are congregated at the bar. But really a very minor niggle- we were on holiday so weren't pushed for time and when the food did arrive it was very good.
- we would've liked to have a walk by the mere but weren't allowed- perhaps this could be possible in the evening when the golfers have stopped playing? I understand why it's not possible during the day.
- room service took FOREVER, even to get through took about 30 minutes on hold. When the food did arrive, our order was wrong- to be fair this was rectified, but it was a bit unfortunate after such a long wait.

In general: a WONDERFUL, relaxing stay. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!