“Great venue, great food, great people” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sparkling Sunday
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Knutsford
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great venue, great food, great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I arrived at the hotel on Thursday afternoon and the weather was horrible (not the hotels fault I know), anyway, I got my daughter and the things out the car and made our way to reception.
Checked in and made our way through to our room.

I was greeted as I made my way round by a young man who offered to help us with our bags and my daughters carry cot I was struggling with.
He carried this and one of the bags round to our room despite the fact he was going the opposite way and even put it up.

A while later, i went back out to get some more things from the car, and he was on hand to help again! So refreshing to be offered help with a smile and he was so helpful saying he would check what time kids swimming time was for us as he was new and come back to me.
with customer service and a nice way with both myself and my daughter, a credit to you.

As for the rest of the hotel, lovely surroundings, great food and my husband says fantastic golf.
Price is what you expect, it isnt any 3* hotel.

Would not hesitate to book again and hoping to come back soon with the girls.

Room Tip: 124 is nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to a post a review.
I read this review and it made me smile, I know which member of concierge staff you are referring to and I will make sure he is recognised for delivering excellent customer service.
It’s nice to learn you appreciated the lovely surroundings, great food and fantastic golf facilities.
We are still a relatively new hotel and currently ranked 4* however we are striving every day to become 5* property.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Lauren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a wonderful Friday night treat. From checkin to check out our stay was perfect. The room was spacious, well presented and comfortable. Our two course dinner in 'Brown's' restaurant was exceptional - food presentation, taste and service. Breakfast was lovely and the fresh orange juice served when you sat down was a nice touch. We spent most of Saturday in the Spa and although busy at times not uncomfortable. We booked on the Friday night fizz offer and I don't think it will be our last visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your lovely review regarding you “Fizz Friday” stay.
I am pleased to read that you felt our rooms were spacious, well presented and comfortable – The basis to a great stay!!
I well pass on your feedback to all in our Browns Restaurant as I am sure they will be thrilled to know you that you thought our food and service was “Exceptional”
Manchester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Came for a Spa Day for my mums 70th Birthday. Decor beautiful and suprised at the level of luxury. The treatments Rasul and Massage were wonderful and the staff were warm, welcoming and professional. Had lunch which was delicious. The pool area is fantastic. Plenty of loungers and bright and very tranquil. I cannot wait to bring my husband here. I've been harping on about it for the last couple of weeks! Can't beleive I haven't been here before and it's practically on my doorstep. Wonderful, wonderful experience! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing The Mere Golf Resort and Spa to celebrate your mothers 70th Birthday
I will pass on your wonderful feedback to all at the Spa, I am sure they will be very happy to learn of your great experience.
Please do contact me directly when you wish to rebook with your husband and I will make sure that you receive the VIP treatment!!
PRESTON ENGLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Warm welcome awated us when we checked in for a two night stay....the room we booked was a club room and had everything we needed, and was spotlessly clean.

The only down side was we tried to reserve A round of golf for the Saturday Two weeks in advance and they could not fit my hudband in due to an event so we booked him in for the only time available on the Friday ( there are restictions due to members which we understand) i then tried to booked myself a spa treatmet at the same time, no availabitlity at all !!!!! very dissapointing ..

so i enjoyed a glass of wine and a sandwich talking to the very nice staff while husband played golf..

the food in Browns is first class, we ate there both nights and at breakfast

and we did make use of the spa ....which should not be missed, world class!!!!!

we will return !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
It was wonderful to learn that you were impressed with the “Warm Welcome” you received from our reception team, I lasting impression I see!!
Whilst our golf and Spa are very popular I am very pleased to read that you were able to use these facilities during your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

On arrival the hotel driveway is very unique but the first problem comes apparent when arriving in the car park. You have to walk through it to get from your room to the spa!!! Then the restaurant is in the hotel lobby, and the bar you have to walk through the pro shop. It just does flow very well. The rooms are ok however don't arrive late as you will be placed in a disabled room with no bath if busy. All in all I was expecting more for the £££ spent. Won't come back in a rush. Sorry. Service was good around however.

• Stayed April 2013
Tom D, Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank-you for taking the time to feedback on your recent experience, I am very pleased to hear the hospitality at the resort was good all round.

As you can see this is the first feedback we have had in relation to the ‘flow’ of the resort but something we will look into.

We will take your points on board and improve.

Many thanks

Tom
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked a weekend away with some friends as a treat and I can honestly say that we were not disappointed in any way. From the moment you entered the hotel you knew you were in for a great stay. The reception staff were efficient and we were allocated rooms on the lower floor. The rooms were stunning, very contempory in decor and the bathroom was equally luxurious. The room had French doors leading out onto a patio area which overlooked the beautiful grounds and lake. We ate in the Club lounge in the evening as we had eaten lunch in Manchester. The menu was quite extensive and we were not disappointed with our choices. We then made our way to the bar and were amazed at the range of vodkas on offer, of which we sampled quite a few!! The Manager Tom was around all evening, and was very friendly and approachable a rare thing these days to see. Our bed was extremely comfortable and we were sorry to get out of it the next morning, but breakfast beckoned which again proved be of a good standard. After breakfast we went and played on the golf range where you can happily hit the balls into the lake, great fun. We finished up with a trip to the spa for a little relaxation. The staff in the spa were very helpful and attentive. We finished off our weekend with Sunday lunch in Browns restaurant. It was superb and the service was great despite there being a large party who were celebrating a birthday. We had a thoroughly brilliant weekend and are planning our next trip there again soon.

Room Tip: Any room which look over the grounds at the rear of the hotel is a must
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
I was thoroughly pleased to read your review. It sounds like you made the most of your stay and took advantage of all of our wonderful outlets.
Thank you for sharing your successful guest experience with us here at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa.
I am delighted you had the chance to meet Tom (Operations Manager) and that he was able to add a personal touch to your stay.
If and when you do re-visit us please be sure to drop me an email and make me aware of your arrival and I will ensure you are well looked after!
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have just returned following a two night mid-week break on Dinner B&B at this stunning Hotel Spa and Golf Resort.
There is nothing we can fault and would highly recommend it to others.
The premises have recently undergone major expansion with new bedrooms and leisure suite as part of the existing golf club located in stunning grounds overlooking the Mere and the exclusive multi-million pound houses located along its banks in this well renowned stock broker belt.
All staff we encountered throughout the hotel, dinning rooms and health spa went out of their way to speak and acknowledge you in a friendly and pleasant manner.
We had booked a Club Room which was adequate for our needs, spacious, clean and well furnished, there are better rooms which can be booked which have more space and views over the golf course but ours was perfectly fine.
We dined in Browns Restaurant as we had a dinner deal with our booking for the two nights, food and service was first class, again friendly staff and a good choice from the menu satisfied us for both nights.
Breakfast is also taken in Browns and was outstandingly good, it was buffet style and the choice was immense. Apart from the usual cereals, fresh fruit, Danish Pastries, croissants etc there was freshly squeezed orange juice and other fruit juices. From the hot buffet you had a choice of eggs, fried, boiled, scrambled, poached etc. Bacon, Mushrooms, Big!! tasty Sausages, Black Pudding, Beans, Tomato, Hash Browns, as much as you could eat!!
The Health Spa was spotlessly clean with a lovely swimming pool, Various different Steam Rooms, Salt Infusion Room, Sauna, and hydrotherapy area of the pool with various high power water jets and underwater air jacuzzi jets. Lovely seating area with heated recliner seats, lots of towels and excellent changing room facilities with their own further steam room and sauna and a relaxation room with beds and iPod docs etc.. We didn't get chance to use the gym facilities or treatments but expect these to be of an equal high standard.
We would certainly consider staying here again and a big thank you to all staff who made our short stay very pleasant indeed.

Room Tip: A matter for personal taste and how much you wish to spend Club Rooms are adequate but if you want a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and that you were impressed by the great customer service you received from our team and the facilities here in the hotel.
I must encourage you to try our fabulous spa treatments on your next visit as they are an absolute “MUST” You will not be disappointed!!
We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Lauren

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!