“Perfect stay the night before my wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pickmere Country Guest House

You added Pickmere Country Guest House to your Saves list
Pickmere Country Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Park Lane | Pickmere, Knutsford WA16 0JX, England   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay the night before my wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had the most perfect stay here the night before my wedding. Myself and my bridal party had both the family rooms on the 1st floor. The rooms are lovely and welcoming with comfy beds and very clean. Felicia was the most perfect host, very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was delicious with lots to choose from. We had my make-up and hair team come along and also the photographer who took some brilliant photos at the guesthouse before our car arrived. The guest lounge was perfect for us to wait for our wedding car and have a toast while my 2 year old daughter enjoyed playing in the toy box. Overall a wonderful and memorable stay and i look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here several times and it has always been perfect - delicious breakfast and very comfortable room. Highly recommended, Felicia is a great host and the house is immaculate, clean and warm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
S West, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Overnight stay on way up to Scotland. Second time we have stayed here. Very convenient, not too far from motorway but enough to be quietly in the countryside. Lovely old house. Rooms well kept. I particularly like the guest lounge where we could meet as a family and play board games. It was a little noisier than I remember our previous stay. Our room overlooked the road and there was a bit of noise from the boiler located in the cupboard in our room, but not too bad. I still slept fairly well.
Breakfast was as good as I remembered. No problems, all as ordered.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Five colleagues enjoyed a two day conference at this hotel.
The house itself has a lot of character both inside and outside and is in a pretty village.
Felicia laid on 2 fantastic cold buffets for us and kept us well provisioned with tea and coffee etc all day. Breakfast was also made to a high standard.
The bedroom was fitted out to a very high standard and this extended to the en-suite bathroom which had modern and top quality fittings. Great walk in shower.
All in all an excellent service and highly recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stockport, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The whole experience was excellent at this establishment, friendlyness of the owner, the spacious comfortable room and the excellent breakfast.
Lots of walks to beautyfull meres and villages too..the only dissapointment was the local pub
which was a bit creche like !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
aol.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was a little gem. I found it after trawling through many different sites looking for overnight accommodation in the Knutsford area (within close proximity to the Cheshire show ground) and then reading other people's reviews on here. Upon arrival we were very pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by the lady owner and shown to our room which was on the 3rd floor overlooking fields, just as I had requested. The décor although not everyone's taste, as it has more of a period feel in-keeping with the building, is very very nice and of good quality. The bed was really comfortable, and the en-suite in our room was very luxurious, although there is was only a large shower and no bath. After being in the room a few hours in the afternoon, my only major criticism was that on a cold and very wet day the heating could have done with being on much earlier, as I was cold. Also the heated towel rail didn't work, so there was no-where till after 6pm to dry my very wet things. Before going out for dinner, as this guest house does not offer evening meals, I did mention to the gentleman owner about the towel rail not working in our room, as I wanted a shower later and was worried about wet towels. He did say they had a problem that was due to be fixed and apologised. To our surprise when we returned an hour later the owner, had changed all the towels for new dry ones. This was very nice, as they hadn't as yet been used, except as a means to stay warm during the afternoon, but a very nice gesture all the same.

My only negative's are, if there are any, is that the cooked breakfast is a little skimpy, especially if you don't have all the items offered, ( Bacon, Cumberland sausage, fried egg, tomato and mushrooms). My Husband who cannot eat eggs, asked not to have one, but nothing extra was given in replacement, as with mine when I requested no sausage. Therefore we left breakfast disappointed especially as no extra toast was offered either.

For myself, a major plus was the owners friendly dog called Monty, who is lovely and very gentle, but who is at all times controlled by his owners, and does not cause any issues for guests in the slightest. For me though I was delighted as I was able to stroke him. In fact as the Guest House was full, and included a family with 4 small children, Monty failing to appear at breakfast was more of a disappointment to most of us,rather than anything else.
Also the only other negative, is that for the less able there is no lift, so carrying luggage up 2 or 3 flights of stairs might be a little difficult. In saying that, I feel sure the gentleman owner would offer assistance, going on how helpful he was to us.

I would definitely recommend Pickmere G.H. and would love to return sooner rather than later. I usually prefer to stay in large Hotels, and places such as Holiday Inn's, but if Pickmere is any indication of what a quality family run Guest House is like, I may have to reconsider my future options.

Room Tip: High floor rooms will have lovely views of the surrounding countryside
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. We had a room on the 2nd floor at the rear which was very quiet. We cannot comment on the noise from the road in the front of the house, but sadly the majority of drivers simply ignored the 30 mph limit. Very comfortable bed and everywhere was very clean, good size bath towels. Breakfast was made with quality ingredients, even though we had to share a table at breakfast it was no problem. The car park information is in the info book in the bedroom, but we had worked it out. We will stay at here again.
On another topic we can recommend The Golden Pheasant at Plumley for an evening meal.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pickmere Country Guest House? Share your experiences!