“Very welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Highbury Guest House

and 1 more site!
You added Highbury Guest House to your Saves list
Highbury Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   146 Leicester Rd, Loughborough LE11 2AQ , England   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Loughborough B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dover, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed at the Highbury after my daughter recommended it. I asked for a room with disabled facilities as I had my elderly (93) Grandma and my Mother in law with me on a visit to see my son. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our ground floor room. The room was large and beautifully decorated (Art deco style) and the en suite nicely organised. Breakfast was lovely with a choice of cooked breakfast/toast/cereals etc. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I have stayed in Loughborough many times over the last few years and the Highbury Guest House has been the only place we've tried that has been clean, full of convenient facilities and comfortable. Despite being further out of Loughborough than we had stayed previously, we found that the town centre was still easy to walk to. We were grateful for the large spacious car park, the welcome on arrival, the helpfulness and politeness of all staff, the extremely comfortable bed, the huge range of food available for breakfast, the well-planned and attractive dining room and the cleanliness of the whole building and the sheets/towels etc. We recommend the Highbury Guest House as a base for exploring the area, and if people find the rooms too small for relaxing in then we have two suggestions: use the comfortable and welcoming lounge or sit outside in the attractive patio area (we would have done if we were there in the summer). This guest house offers more than most and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Just ask the owners - they are more than happy to advise according to your needs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Arrived at almost 10pm and was warmly welcomed to the B & B. The room was very big, warm and clean. Breakfast was freshly cooked. I enjoyed my stay and will return... in fact, I've already booked another night!

My friend and I had booked a twin room but were given a triple room for the same price which gave us loads and loads of space to spread out in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Wonderful, clean, modern double en suite room (Room #4). My fiancee and I had a lovely stay at the Highbury Guest House - Sue was very welcoming and gave us recommendations for supper in town. Breakfast was cooked to order the following morning and also very good. A hair dryer was available upon request. Great value and I would stay here again if I come back to Loughborough!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We travel to Loughborough every year for a reunion and used to live here, so have ample experience of the local hotels. To be honest, there are no bad hotels in the town, but it's all a question of luck as to your stay in the others, be it noise, distance from the town etc.

This year we tried the Highbury based on reviews on here and experienced your classic British B and B. Small rooms and tiny bathroom, but immaculately clean and very romantic (says the missus, anyway). Breakfast cooked to order and so takes a bit longer than normal, but well worth the wait. Friendly owners who have really made it a home from home atmosphere. A good walk out of town, but for that it's quiet (and still easily accessible)

You won't go wrong if you stay here, we will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Wonderful friendly attentive service. Clean room with good facilities. Awesome breakfast. We arrived on a Friday noon and had a nice meal at a noodle bar which was just 10mins walk. Would definitely stay if in area again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

we got a family room, which slept me my husband my 2 teenager sons and my 6 yr old Daughter who slept in the bed with us which the bed was ample size to accomadate all 3 of us, very comfy,very clean and breakfast was lovely.the owner was lovely and couldn't do enough for you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Highbury Guest House? Share your experiences!