“OK Hotel in a good location .” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 30%
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Loughborough
hertfordshire
“OK Hotel in a good location .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed at this Hotel partly due to a fitness convention that we were attending at the University and for a day’s city break to rest up before we went home.

There was a slight problem at check in with the reception desk who insisted they needed a deposit and also to swipe my card for the full amount of the room cost. They said that the card would be swiped again upon check out for payment of the full amount. I tried to explain to them that authorising the card for the full amount on check in and then also swiping the card again to pay for the bill at check out effectively reserves the funds for the full amount of the room twice and that I would have to wait a few working days for the original authorisation for the full amount to drop off my card before I would be able to use the funds again. This is a common problem with hotels if you have ever worked in banking before because you have to ring the bank in order to free up the funds that they have reserved in your account. Eventually they agreed for me to pay to full amount straight away. The deposit that I allowed them to authorise on my card I had to wait a week for the funds to reappear as available funds in my bank . This may sound a bit miserly but if I want to pay up front for the full amount of my stay then that should be my right as the customer to do so.

The Hotel is not modern but then it is advertised as a Georgian style Hotel.

Room is fine as you are not booking for the purpose of having a romantic sea view, Bathroom functioned well. Good flat screen TV and selection of channels.

The Hotel is in great location as it is close to all the shops, restaurants and the very cute local Market. Also on site parking which is quite secure and very handy. It is also 5 mins drive from Loughborough University (in non rush hour traffic)

The Hotel was £155 for 2 nights and included breakfast so not bad value at all.

Overall Rating 3.5 out of 5 so have given it 3 on the trip advisor rating as it does not quite deserve a 4 but I would recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
glos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I really cant believe some of the negative reviews of this hotel. What do people want from a £59 per night hotel. The welcome was warm from the receptionist who was really helpful and upgraded me free to a double room as I was in a single for the £59.
The room although compact had all i could expect from this level of hotel The bed was comfortable with up to 4 pillows and an extra blanket.. Breakfast was plentiful and nicely served.
The problem seems to be that there are some tight wads out there who wont put their hands deep enough into their long pockets to experience a high-end hotel, so they book into budget places such as this and simply slag them off for not competing with the expensive alternatives.
I am away on a business trip so this suits me just fine for the night. Would I want to spend a fortnight ? No, but I will give it credit for being well priced and a decent nights stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stayed here in May 2011 on the third floor.

The hotel is a Georgian-style town house with parking, although some of the parking spaces are difficult to get into. Recepton was efficient and friendly. My room was well-sized. It overlooked the main road and was by the lift, so there was some noise, but with the windows closed this was not a problem. My room looked as though it had been recently refurbished, although the walls could do with redecorration. Plenty of facilities in the room, the only missing item was ironing facilities. The curtains are not very thick, so the room gets light early in the morning in Summer, so packing an eye mask (like airlines provide for overnight flights) is advisable. Breakfast was fine (hot and cold buffet selection). There is free WiFi in reception, but it is charged in the room. I used 3G for my Internet and received a strong signal.

Room Tip: My room on the third floor was fine
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Sussex, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Stayed for one night to go to a conference unfortunately had not realised it is on the main High Street and opposite a night club. Not a problem in itself however drunken students running up and down the corridors at 3am did not enhance the experience. The room was very small but clean and adequate, There was no hot water for the shower in the morning and I was offered a mumbled and half hearted apology by the desk clerk.
I will not be returning any time soon and if I have to go to another conference I will ensure that I stay at a different hote. Very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Didcot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Staff were very friendly. Bar and dining room were immaculate. Excellent bar and breakfast service. Room was very clean and comfortable. Checkout was efficeint. Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

A party of eight of us had a christmas party here, the chioce of menue was'nt fanastic, and was not worth £30 which we had all paid. and when we did get our meals i was hit on the side of my head with a plate of food being served by one of the waitresses, and hit my glasses i was wearing at the time. On a previous party there one of our party had a drink spilt down the back of her dress, and had to spend 1/2 hour in the ladies toilets getting her dress dry. We should not have to be subjected to this treatment it was a disgrace.And will not be going there again.

Stayed December 2010
Yvelines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Room and public areas refurbished. Clean. Room a little small but adequate. Hallways need refurbishing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Loughborough Hotel? Share your experiences!