“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Loughborough
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here on the 22nd June as we were attending a wedding locally. The check in was fast and efficient (which was good as we were running late). The room was clean, large and in very good order with enough space and mirrors for two of us to get ready! I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and bathroom in comparison to other budget hotels I have stayed in. The hairdryer was good, the shower powerful and enough space to hang clothes. I was impressed that there was a drinks and snack machine in the hallway near the lifts which is very handy when you are in the kind of hotel that does not provide this in the room. My only negative is that there is not a car park on site, but it does clearly tell you this on the booking confirmation and there is a car park next door which is quite cheap. I would definintly book here again as for the cost it was good value and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's hard to produce a hotel that pleases everyone, but I believe Premier Inn has done it.

Check-in - quick and efficient. All done using straightforward terminals, but the staff are around and help you - properly and effectively.

The lifts - quick and efficient.

The corridors - carpeted and with signs telling you to be aware that people may be sleeping. A useful touch. Nice and short, so no walking for 5 mins until you get to your room.

The rooms - a generous size, a desk, a bathroom with a bath, no unnecessary cupboards and drawers, just plenty of "open plan" shelves and room to unpack your suitcase. No unnecessary clutter.

Breakfast - served from 6.30am (or 6am if you just want continental). Useful for me as I had a cab booked for 7.20am.

So many other hotels I've stayed in could learn so much from looking at Premier Inn. (Especially Whittlebury Hall, where I stayed the following two nights)

The only downer was the price - Loughborough isn't London - and I thought £72.25 inc. breakfast was on the high side. Especially as WiFi isn't free. Say £65 inclusive and it would have been perfect.

As soon as I went up to the room I could hear a low frequency buzz which was quite loud - I'm a light sleeper. I looked out of the window and could see that my room was above the ventilation unit. I phoned reception, they answered straight away, and organised an alternative room for me on the other side of the corridor with no problem at all. Top quality customer service all the way through.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed for 2 x nights with my sister-in-law and niece whilst we attended the Glastonbudget Festival. We paid the up front on-line deal and for the price (£144 for 4 of us) we were all really impressed. The hotel doesn't have a car park but there is a pay and display right next door or a multi-storey across the road. I would recommend people use this as it cost us £6.60 for the whole weekend, which is a lot cheaper than the pay and display. Due to the Festival start time, we arrived 2 hours before check-in time so the staff kindly pointed us to the nice bright bar area to wait whilst they sorted our rooms out. Within 30 minutes of our arrival, we had our room keys and were on our way to the festival so we couldn't fault their service. Our room was excellent value for money, quiet, really large, spotlessly clean and just the right temperature. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom immaculate with lovely deep bath and good power shower. My sister-in-law and niece were on the floor above in a family room and like us, they found it to be of an excellent standard. Regarding breakfast, the friendly staff seat you in the nice restaurant which is just off the bar and then you help yourself to the good selection of cereals, juices, fruits, croissants, crumpets and hot cooked breakfast options. Between the 4 of us, we ate most things and again were very impressed. Also as our niece was 12, she ate completely free which was a bonus. We didn't have an evening meal at the hotel but there was a good choice on the menu and also quite a good wine selection at the bar. For any Glastonbudget Festival goers, this hotel is approx 17 minutes drive from the venue and is an excellent base so we will definitely be returning next year !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here after visiting NEC, all the staff were really helpful and nothing seemed to much trouble. Customer care skills were first class. Rooms were spacious and clean and only two minute walk into town. Would reccomend to anybody.

Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were really impressed with this hotel. We have rarely encountered such wonderful staff even in 5 star hotels. Everything about our stay was brilliant & we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone & we will most definitely stay again. Wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A group of 12 family and friends stayed for one night. The hotel was very clean and comfortable with good sized rooms. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was super.
We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I rarely write reviews for hotels but felt I had to make an exception for this hotel. Our three night booking this week was great value with spotless rooms and great service. All the staff here seem to go the extra mile to ensure you are well looked after, very pleasant individuals with excellent customer care skills and positive attitude...well done

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Loughborough? Share your experiences!