“Can't fault it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Can't fault it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I always wonder when I read reviews exactly what kinds of expectations people go in with - I'm pretty open-minded OR easy to please, take your pick!

My daughter recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. It was a quiet lunch time 'do' for us and we were made to feel relaxed and unhurried. We weren't constantly pestered by the waiter 'how is everything?' 'Can I get you more drinks?' etc - or any other mindless chat which was a relief! We just asked for what we wanted when we wanted it and were served swiftly.

All the food was delicious and the trio pasta was an ideal way to try different pastas and flavours. I wish I knew how to cook the perfect al dente pasta like this! IF I was to complain about anything (but I'm not) it would be that my ice-cream desert was served with walnuts not hazelnuts as described ... it was delicious regardless!

We were amazed by the price - three courses, drinks and after dinner coffee worked out at £22 per head - and, for the quality and unhurried service, it was well worth it.

• Visited March 2013

71% Recommend
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited la favorita for a belated birthday meal, the staff were extremely welcoming and attentive and the food was fantastic. We will certainly be eating here again and recommending to all of our friends.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious, yummy, fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went for a meal with my mum last night, food was yummy, service fab - nice banter with staff, wine very nice and champagne cocktails even better.... Will definitely be going back to sample more of the delicious menu.... :-)

• Visited March 2013
Leicestershire
“Lovely food but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'll start with the positives..The crab salad starter was light and delicious. The fillet steak in blue sauce was one of the best I've ever tasted and perfectly cooked. Sadly there are no more positives!

I always keep an open mind when going to places with a few negative reviews and I enjoy giving them a good review when it's deserved but sadly I can't do that this time.

The prices seem good until you're told that all veg is extra so it's a good job that my steak was impressive.

The manager came round asking if the room temperature was ok. It was but then the place got so cold we almost put on our coats. Did you want us to go home? It was still early!

Service was pretty poor with most of the waitresses seeming incapable of smiling and one of them seemed intent on checking herself in the mirror above our heads instead of doing her job. And yes we did mean to leave such a small tip. It reflects how we felt. We won't be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have visited La Favorita a few times with my partner; the food has been consistently excellent and the service attentive and authentically Italian. My favourite starters are the fungi all'aglio (but make sure you order bread to soak up the generous portions of creamy sauce!) and the prosciutto caprese (quality parma ham and mozarella). My favourite main has got to be the linguine marinara - the mussels are so fresh and tasty! The only thing that lets it down are the deserts, the cheesecakes have a not unpleasant, but somewhat strange sponge layer. I tend to stick with the sorbet, even though I'm usually a chocolate lover!

Visited March 2012