“Do it yourself” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 195 Restaurants in Loughborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a family run Italian restaurant with a great combination of a warm friendly atmosphere and good Italian food and wine.
“Do it yourself”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

For starter I had king prawn in a tomato garlic sauce. They arrived & I had to peel them myself, that's fine, but not when they are drenched in sauce so hot I can't touch them.
Then my main arrived, I ordered seafood linguinie. The bowl came with four huge mussels none of which were even open, one king prawn which I had to peel again myself & four squid rings that were so small they could probably just about fit on my finger. Another four out of the six of us were not impressed with our meals. The waiting staff were pleasant enough to talk to but they all stood together watching you as you ate which was a little uncomfortable. I thought this was the last hope for at least one good restaurant in Loughborough but they failed miserably.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Four of us went for the pasta night ( Monday and Tuesday nights ) . Yet again a fantastic meal , everything was perfect , the food was well cooked ,the service was very good . I would recomend this restaurant ,

• Visited April 2013
England
“Finally got there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having stayed in the attached rooms on two occasions but unable to book a table we finally managed a meal for four. We were not disappointed. We were met at the door and welcomed in like friends. The ambience and pleasantness of the staff set the tone for an excellent meal. The food was as good as it gets and not a pizza in sight! There were actually at least nine starters and six main courses I would have loved to have chosen so impressive was the menu. When the food arrived it was by all accounts the best we have tasted for a very long time. Although the restaurant was busy we were well looked after all evening and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We will return.

• Visited April 2013
england
“First time will go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Myself and my husband were given a voucher for this restaurant at christmas, when we finally managed to book a table we were really surprised as italian food we eat at home so never tend to eat it out. What a little gem, the fillet steak was cooked to perfection with a red wine, rosemary and mushroom sauce, and roasted vegetables it was so tasty. My husband had chicken pasta in a tomato sauce and he said that it was excellent. The staff were attentive, we enjoyed it immensely. When it came to the sweet however I had chocolate cheesecake, I can honestly say I had never tasted anything like it served with a cherry sauce, it was heavenly. The prices were fair for what we had, we would most certainly go again anniversary and special meals this is the place to go.

• Visited March 2013
“My favourite Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times over the last few years and Caravellis is by far the best Italian restaurant I have ever been to. The setting is pleasant, the staff are always friendly and the food is amazing. The deal they do on a Mon and Tue eve is also great, definitely worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013