“good meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Southport, United Kingdom
“good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Friendly efficient staff and tasty meal well served . I had Tofu in black bean sauce and fried rice.

Visited September 2013

Alicante
“Very gooh chinese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We decided to go to this place because we needed something smoother after some Indian food. We were not very hungry and just asked for two main courses plus some noodles. Noodles we didn't like so much but roast Cantonese duck and chicken with lemon were really good.
Prices are around 8-10 pounds per main course and with two glasses of house wine we paid 28 pounds.
I recommend this place

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Stranded in Loughbourough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Found myself in Loughborough on the August Bank Holiday Sunday 2013 and despared of finding anywhere to have a decent meal. I was wrong1 The Laughing Buddha has and excellent choice of food at the right price -very tasty and excellent service. No complaints from a hungry traveller!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Average - that's about all!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Recommended by a friend - early evening special 8.50 a head mains including rice. Friendly reception. There appeared to only be one waitress who seemed to find looking after the small number present difficult. I had chicken in ginger and pineapple. I think the chicken was cooked in boiling water, would have been better fried. My friend had the chilli beef which I tried - not carefully prepared. We may have been better using the main menu which we probably shall if we try this place again. Our starter was a shared platter which was acceptable, the ribs were very good though. Wines from £12 a bottle - opted for a more expensive Chenin which was excellent. Very nice decor, very clean and, proper cloth napkins. Will try again but not the early bird.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Loughborough
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had my graduation dinner here with my family in September and the place was very quiet. The food arrived quickly and the staff were friendly.

Visited September 2012