“Started Well” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lowestoft
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Started Well”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is well situated just off the A12 heading towards Yarmouth. There is a Harvester next door and a large Tesco opposite.

We arrived on cold dreary evening to a basic but bright, pre-warmed room that seemed ideal for our one night stay. There was a nice big bed, somewhere to hang our clothes and coffee or tea making facilities.

Could we ask for anything more? Well...actually...yes...

A shower that showered would have been a real boon.

The trouble with having a useless shower in a hotel room is that by the time you've discovered this fact, you are usually covered in lather and in no position to pop down to reception and report the problem.

Despite all efforts to adjust it, the shower we haFd refused to spray the water forward. Instead it trickled out, downwards, a couple of inches away from the wall and it was impossible to stand underneath and get wet. I had to resort to filling a cup with water and pouring it over me to rinse the suds off.

In future, on arriving at an hotel, I will be sure to check out the shower before unpacking my things.

i

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
TravelodgeUK, Niki from Customer Services at Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All facilities in our rooms should be in working order so we are sorry to hear of the problems you experienced during your stay with us. We would like to investigate further so please use the contact us section on our website to provide your contact and booking details.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this travelodge was . It was very clean and comfortable. The staff were happy and very helpful. I felt that my business was important to them. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Lagos State, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really enjoyed my stay and wished my stay could be extended to have more enjoyment to my life.
With good serenity. Everything inside and outside are glamorous
I wished I travelled with my family to share the enjoyment with them, however, I have promised myself that next visit to Lowestoft, Travelodge is the ideal place to stay, to wine and dine

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel rooms are fairly basic, but were clean and comfortable with pleasant staff and also only a short drive into Lowestoft. It had a Harvester restaurant next door, and there was a large supermarket across the road if you had forgotten to pack something. Great Yarmouth was about 6 miles away. There is a nice country pub in Blunderston which has good food (not Mondays and Tuesdays). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Having spent a night at this Travelodge i found it much improved since my last visit a comfortable bed and the decor was good. The staff were very friendly and offered us information about local places to visit and to eat ( a good Harvester across the way )
well done Travelodge hope all your sites are as good

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

Clean and freshly decorated but a bit too basic for our liking. Thin bath towels, only one hand towel and no bath mat. Shower tray was slippery and the curtain clung to you as you showered. No biscuits or hot chocolate in the tea tray. WiFi free for 30 minutes then you had to pay. Glad we only booked for one night. Paid less and had better in the past. I guess if you want impersonal, then this is for you.
Also, room very warm and if you opened the window, you got the boy racers tearing up the slip road to Tesco.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

All of the staff were fantastic and so helpful.
This newly refurbished Hotel was excellent, with the beds just the right degree of softness and allowing everyone to get a really good sleep.
The rear rooms were quieter, but others were very good.
Views from the rear room was great at Sun rise.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rear rooms are the quietest.