“Great weekend spa break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

You added Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Baddesley Road, New Forest National Park, Lymington SO41 5ZB, England   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lymington
midlands
“Great weekend spa break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife booked this through Lastminute.com and were a bit apprehensive because we got a great price for two days with dinner and spa treatments. We have taken these types of breaks before and have paid a lot more. We wanted some extra packages and called the hotel direct who were happy to upgrade the room for £25 and we paid an extra £10 per head for a special Valentines Day champagne dinner.

The hotel and room was great. the spa facilities were perhaps lacking that luxurious touch but the pool, steamroom and sauna were all excellent. Don't expect a hot tub!

The hotel is located close to Lymington with lots of restaurants/pubs and shops. probably a short car journey.

The restaurant dinner was really good and the inclusive full English breakfast on our package excellent.

We can recomend.

Room Tip: Upgrade the room if you can and ensure breakfast is included. Book treatments ahead as there is not...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
gmelmers, General Manager at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review placed on Trip advisor. It was great to read that on we were able to exceed your expectations especially for dinner and breakfast. Thank you for mentioning our leisure facilities too, which are of excellent standards.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Resort General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We were fortunate to have an apartment one floor up overlooking the fine gardens with the central fountain.
We could find no fault with the apartment, everything was immaculate.
The only problem we had was that we didn't discover the switch for the fridge was behind the bread bin which probably accounted for the strange taste of the yogurt, and the semi-solid milk!
The swimming pool was clean and warm, and the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were all up to standard.
The staff were without exception pleasant and helpful.
Our one visit to the restaurant revealed quality food, although the portions were possibly a tad small.
Overall a very well run establishment.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review placed on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you really enjoyed your stay in one of our apartments. Elmers Court Hotel & Resort has 54 self catering apartments as well as 42 bedrooms offering an array of accommodation to suit most guests’ preference.
Thank you for recommending our pool facilities too as we have, lately, invested a considerable amount of money including full pool filtration and pool side refurbishment, brand new steam room generator, new sauna benches, new digital locker locks and other minor improvements to the pleasure of our guests.
Please accept my apologies for your fridge not been switched on on arrival, I will ask our House Keeper to retrain her team in insuring this.
I was also sorry to read your remarks regarding the portions as you are right no guests should feel that way. I will personally take this up with our head chef and ensure of no further guests disappointments.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future, maybe next time you could book directly on our website or by calling our Reservation team as we guaranty the best available rate as well as getting a £10 voucher as a returning guest.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We visited Elmers Court for 3 nights from 10th-13th March with our 19 month old son and highly recommend it - we booked last minute via the British Airways website had an excellent time. It far exceeded our expectations.

Staff throughout are excellent. Everyone we spoke to left us with a positive impression, they would smile and ask how we were enjoying our stay, or drop what they were doing to help if we had a query. For example, walking us to the other side of the hotel grounds to show us where the children's play park was (it is behind the fir hedges by the tennis courts).

We stayed in a family room in the courtyard (apartment 4). It had a separate room with bunk beds that we could just get our son's cot in, which meant we wouldn't disturb him in the night if we stayed up. The main room was massive - a super sized bed, business desk and chair, and two arm chairs opposite the television. There was loads of space for our bags and pram without feeling cluttered. All modernly decorated. Bathroom had a bath on one side and a separate large walk in shower on the other, again very modern and in excellent order.

There was a large outdoor pool with a bar kiosk, which you can imagine being excellent in the summer. For us, it was the indoor pool and that was perfect for our needs. There must be private membership because before 9am and after 7pm it is adult only and it got quiet busy with business folk doing their lengths. The pool is really well maintained and the changing rooms very clean. In the women's there is a play pen to put your child whilst you get changed. All very helpful.

We didn't use the fine dining restaurant or the main hotel bar, but ate each day at the Steakhouse adjoining the fitness centre. Breakfast very good - they cook to order or there is cereal, yogurts etc. - then all day before 6pm they had a special deal where 6 items from the main menu were priced at £6. We tried the burger, homemade pie, and gammon - all good.

One evening, it was a nice evening so we took a small picnic down to the end of the gardens and watched the boats come and go whilst the sun set over Lymington. Beautiful!

Overall, highly recommended. We would visit again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review placed on Trip Advisor. It was great to read what fantastic time you had with your family and how family friendly our Resort is. I have forwarded your feedback to the entire team and they thank you in return.
Our leisure team works so hard at ensuring our facilities are in the best conditions possible and thank you again for your comments.
Thank you also for mentioning the great value for money offers we have in our Scottish Steak Club.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days in January with my husband, prior to doing a cruise from Southampton. What a great experience.

The location of the hotel is stunning and the views from the lawn out to sea are just amazing. If the weather is good you can just sit on one of the benches on the lawn and watch the ferries come and go all day on their way over to the Isle of Wight.

I booked a couple of spa treatments whilst we were there which were superb. Price wise, they were on par with what I would expect to pay in a Hotel Spa (and much cheaper than having them on the cruise).

The facial was wonderfully relaxing and the lovely girl who did my treatments was very welcoming and made the experience thoroughly enjoyable. I had a wonderful glow and my skin felt so much better for it.

Following my facial I then had a Jessica gel polish manicure and pedicure. Again, the girl proved very experienced and having had gel polish applied for years now, I have to say this is one of the best i have ever had.

My nail polish on my fingers was still perfectly chip free 4 weeks later and the polish on my toes is still totally chip free two months later! Ithe only reason i had to remove my polish was down to my nails having grown so much. The most i normally get out of a gel polish is two weeks.

I particularly like the fact that although the staff went through all the lovely products that they used, there was no hard sell that you get in many Spa's which was a welcome surprise. I did note that they had some great offers on in their products in gift boxes which i went back for before we left for our cruise.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, and we had a great sleep in the bed as we have in the past at other Macdonald Hotels. the facilities in the room all to a very high standard,

We ate in the Waterford restaurant on both nights and again, i couldn't fault the food or service.
It was lovely to have a pre-dinner drink in the lounge before dinner whilst we looked over the menu and put our order in, and then be seated at our table afterwards when the food was about to be served. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and they even offered us some umbrellas to run over to the other building after our dinner as it was raining.

Breakfast was as we would have expected from a Macdonald Hotel. The signature cooked breakfast and buffet style really are to a very hugh standard, with something for everyone.

All in all, a great experience. I highly recommend a stay here and the use of the Spa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed review on the trip advisor website. I hope that you enjoyed your cruise as much as your stay and I am grateful that you recommended our New Forest venue as ideal for a post or pre cruise break considering that we are only 30 minutes from the Southampton cruise terminal.
I was pleased to read that you really appreciated our Spa facilities and services during your stay, especially the quality of treatment and product offered. It was also great for the team to read how much you experienced our Waterford Restaurant as well as the industry benchmarking “Macdonald Breakfast” for which we get so many positive reviews.
We really look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend at the end of February and we both had the most fantastic stay.
We were greeted on arrival by a very friendly, professional receptionist who swiftly checked us in and directed us to our room.
First impressions of the room were outstanding - it was a recently refurbished feature room on the first floor with a lovely balcony entrance.
The facilities in the room were also top notch and far better than many 4 or 5 star hotels I've visited.
We dined in the Waterford restaurant which was a lovely experience from start to finish. The crab starter and lamb main were outstanding and the service was discreet yet attentive - our waitress that evening was Becca who deserves a special mention.
Breakfast the following morning was served in the steak club and is cooked fresh to order whereas a buffet is available for cold items.
I can imagine in the Summer months it's even better what with the outdoor pool and the walking distance to the sea!
I certainly look forward to my return stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for such great feedback left on the trip advisor website. It was a pleasure to read your comments and how much you enjoyed your stay especially the crab. I have shared your feedback with the entire team especially Becca and they thank you in return.
Becca will be rewarded for her outstanding customer service and also thank you personally for mentioning her name.
I was also pleased to read that you felt your break was great value for money and I look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I would like to share my experience of my afternoon at the Leisure and Spa at Elmers Court. I was recommended by a friend after having a spa package weekend that included treatments. I went for a full body massage, my first experience of this treatment, and would certainly recommend it to others. Upon arrival I was greeted politely, and proffesionally, and immediately shown down to the spa where the spa staff took over. The young lady Holly, who took my treatment was very nice, always smiling and acted with proffessionalism. The massage itself was great, I really was impressed with how relaxed it made me feel, apart from when she went to work on a few knots! The bed was heated which was a nice surprise, very comfy! The room was lovely, very calming, clean and theraputic. I could have stayed there for hours!

I hope Holly and the rest of the staff are recognised for their good work. I will be back

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for another great review on the trip advisor website. I was pleased to read that you had such a great afternoon in our Spa and enjoyed your treatment. I have shared your feedback with Holly and she thanks you in return.
We really look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Wow, I cannot believe what an amazing weekend we have just had at Elmer's Court. Having read the reviews one can only say that myself and my wife were anxious to say the least, but I can honestly say " do not believe everything you read"

Arrived at reception and immediately we were greeted with a smile from a young lady called Beth, who throughout our stay was pleasant, polite and helpful. Having received our room key we were guided to our room by a young man called Ian who was also most helpful and informative with regards to the on-sight facilities and what was available locally.

After spending a relaxing few hours in our room we endeavoured to prepare for dinner which we had prior booked in the Waterford restaurant. The food and the ambience were sublime and the service second to none.

After a good nights sleep we encountered what I can honestly say was a breakfast buffet to die for. Fresh pastries, fruits and a breakfast cooked to order! Fantastic!

We had booked on a spa package and we were guided by the fitness team downstairs for our treatments. Our treatments were, we found, to be of a first class standard and delivered to us by a professional team who made us feel relaxed and for a short while younger! The lunch that was included was pleasant and plentiful.

The second night was as good as the first, first class facilities, food and service, overall a weekend to remember. Both myself and my wife are looking forward to our next visit, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
gmelmers, General Manager at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for such your great feedback left on the trip advisor website. I have shared your feedback with the entire team as they work so hard to exceed our guests’ expectations. Reviews such as yours really make a difference and boost our team morale.
I was also pleased to read that you felt your break was great value for money and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Resort General Manager

Been to Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!