Booked this hotel on a lastminute deal and was very pleased with the offer of champagne and canapes on arrival. Then, I read the reviews afterwards. Certainly wouldn't have been so keen if I'd read the reviews before!
Arrived at the hotel and due to the reviews, exepected the worst treatment, horrendous rooms and disgusting food. Couldn't have been more wrong!
It was a lovely stay from checking-in to checking-out, the rooms are not far from reception at all. Champagne and Canapes were fabulous.
The swimming pool was fab, towels are provided at pool reception. There is a machine in the changing rooms that you put your suit in and it whizzs the water out! Or plastic bags provided to put your things in. Hairdryers provided and soap in dispensers in the shower of the pool.
The meal in the Angus Steakhouse was incredible, had a sirloin cooked to absolute perfection with blue cheese sauce on the side and it was fabulous.
Breakfast is also served in this restaraunt and I went down the continental route and absolutely everything was catered for. My mum went down the cooked route and was very nice.
Honestly, absolutely loved this place from the friendly staff who couldn't be more helpful to the gorgeous grounds that you are free to wander around.
Would I read reviews with a pinch of salt now? Yes.
Would I book here again? Absolutely.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.