“A fantastic find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bluebird Restaurant and B&B

Bluebird Restaurant and B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lymington
Bluebird Restaurant and B&B
You added Bluebird Restaurant and B&B to your Saves list
5 Quay Street, New Forest National Park, Lymington, England   |
Ranked #25 of 41 Lymington B&B and Inns
“A fantastic find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We were recently in the New Forest and headed down to Lymington from Beaulieu. After dining in the Bluebird we noticed their B&B sign and decided to stay for 3 nights. We had the family room which consisted of separate double
bedroom and 2 single beds in the main area. We found the rooms to be extremely clean (I did the run the finger over a number of surfaces) and very comfortable. Towels were changed and the room was tiidied each day. The B&B and restaurant is a family run business and we found everyone we dealt with extremely polite, friendly and helpful. We would not hesitate to go back and hope to revisit in the future

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is my favourite restaurant in Hampshire. The food is always fantastic, fresh and there is so much choice.
I visited this restaurant on a busy Saturday night as a party of 4. The service is good, we had an eastern European waitress that was very polite and attentive.
The menu at this restaurant is mainly fish and seafood – all beautifully fresh and locally caught. To start I had smoked salmon which came with a dressed salad of cucumber and tomato. Other guests of our party had seafood salad (looked amazing), calamari, and prawn and avocado – All of it was presented beautifully.
For main, I had fillets of sea bass with lobster sauce. This was lovely, cooked perfectly and extremely flavoursome. It came with new potatoes and vegetables. The rest of my table went for the Lobster Thermidor, an impressive dish of lobster with dressed salad. The only reason I didn’t have this was because I had it the last time I ate at The Bluebird and wanted to try something different but I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who loves seafood and it really is there best dish!
We didn’t have pudding as we were so full with amazing seafood and fish, but stayed as the last customers to finish our wine. We chatted to the staff as they got the restaurant ready for the hotels guests for breakfast, no one pressurised us to hurry and leave, they were happy with us relaxing whilst they tidied and laid up tables ready for the next day.
If you are in Lymington, definitely check this out. The food is exquisite, the venue itself is quaint and oldy-worldy and whilst its not cheap, it is worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Turned up on spec and found a gem of a place. Good bedroom, excellent evening meal and welcoming staff.Fantastic value room and three course evening meal for £100

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I'd echo some other reviews- rooms really spacious and clean with everything you need and more. Maybe a little bit dated but bathroom was new and modern.
Staff very discreet and, whilst I initially thought a little unapproachable, I soon realised they were very eager to please.
Restaurant prices definately at the higher end of our budget but, as we took advantage of the £100prpn deal which included any 3 courses (apart from Lobster), it was FABULOUS value (we calculated food alone would've been about £80 so it meant we had very cheap accommodation). Food was plentiful - nicely presented and, whilst some posh restaurants give you only a few mouthfuls, this place makes sure you don't go away hungry!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Near Southampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

My husband and I have often walked past this restaurant as we live in the area and pass it on our way to the Ship, one of our favourite haunts. We decided to try the Bluebird, but unfortunately the experience left us extremely disappointed and out of pocket..

On entering the restaurant we were greeted by pleasant enough staff but found it hard to find a table among the array of bland, unlaid tables, hardly a great selling point. The decor was dated and the atmosphere was cold and uninviting.

My starter of crab risotto didn't even resemble a risotto and was more rice and crab, smothered in a thick sauce which strangely enough looked just like the sauce that followed with my main course. My husband had a King Prawn starter with a mere portion of prawns and a carrot garnish going back to the 70's.

The main fish starters were reasonably cooked but were again drowned in a thick sauce that resembled a boil in the bag sauce. We decided to skip desert and were hit with a £60.00 bill which left us with a very bad taste.

Such a shame that an establishment can get it so wrong when they have such a prime location and with some love and attention could turn this place into something special.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Denham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Having read the previous review I think that there must have been some refurbishment to the rooms. We stayed in room #3 for two nights, the manager escorted us to our room which turned out to be a family room so initially we thought we had two single beds (not quite our expectation!) he was very cheeky giving me a wink and sdaying this is for when we had an argument! but there was another double bedroom so it was very roomy for two of us. The bed linen was new and the bathroom fittings looked decent enough. The shower was excellent (having recently stayed elsewhere with no water pressure this was a big plus). The decor was not outstanding but it was comfortable, a flat sreen tv is mounted on the wall with a sofa and overall it was very clean and the room was made up promptly whilst we had breakfast.
In the morning the breakfast was good, we liked the discreet and polite service. We also had dinner at the restaurant downstairs, we had not booked and it was clearly busy but it was not a problem to fit us in. If you like seafood then this is the place for you it was delicious! The meal was not cheap £95 for two but it did include two bottles of wine and I was happy to know my room was just up the stairs once I was a bit the worse for wear.
As I say, the service was lovely, we felt special and relaxed. My only downside would be to mention that you can hear everyone on the cobbled street outside, the plus is that it is only noisy for a short while, this is not a late night location.
Oh yes and parking is a short walk away from the hotel (public car park).

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Winchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

We stayed at the Bluebird B&B rooms and were very dissapointed. A lot of things were wrong in the room (like serious damp in bathroom, bath plugs broken, lamps on bedside tables with no plugs nearby, heater provided in bathroom but no where to plug it in, curtains not covering the window, double glazing like a death trap, no smoking signs in the room but the place smelled of cigarette smoke, no information about the room's emergency exit and check out times etc). We checked out just after 11am and were told we were late (but how were we supposed to know when there was no information in our room and the ktichen porter who showed us to our room didn't mention this either!). When I paid for the room, I gave lots of feedback to the manager but he was ungrateful for this and said we were cheeky for checking out late! He said he had been running the B&B for seven years and has never had any complaints and didn't seem pleased to get an opportunity to improve the room for the next customers! When I said I wasn't really happy paying the full quoted price £75 excl. breakfast) for the room when there were so many things wrong - there was no attempt to try and apologise and make things better or even cut a bit off the price. All in all, I wouldn't recommend staying in the B&B rooms of this place and the whole experience has put me off going to the restaurant as well.

Been to Bluebird Restaurant and B&B? Share your experiences!