“excellent disabled friendly welcoming hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bond St. Annes Hotel

The Bond St. Annes Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lytham St Anne's
The Bond St. Annes Hotel
You added The Bond St. Annes Hotel to your Saves list
69 - 71 South Promenade | The Beach, St. Annes on sea, Lytham St Anne's FY8 1LZ, England (Formerly St. Annes Hotel)   |
COVENTRY
“excellent disabled friendly welcoming hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I have just returned from a week long stay with my family including my disabled wheelchair user husband and 3 children aged 10,9 and 3 years. This is the best holiday we have had in the past 10 years, the hotel offered everything for my husbands needs and more if needed. The food was excellent could not fault and plenty of it. The rooms were spacious and clean, and cleaned daily throughout our stay. Evening entertainment was exceptionally good. The management and staff were first class friendly and couldnt do enough for you. This hotel is expensive but were every penny. Just looking forward to my next visit.

There is very little for young children but they are kept amused by the dedication of the staff and management. My children enjoyed it just as much as my husband and I.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cheshire,England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

We stayed at this hotel whilst my wife's Chester Polio Fellowship group attended their AGM at the Hilton in Blackpool. The location of the hotel is good and disabled facilities looked fine although bathroom flooded when shower used which in turn creates a hazard. The decor is institutional and not very comfortable, the beds were too hard for my liking. A salutory experience seeing families with serverly disabled children but not a relaxing experience, young Poilish staff trying their best. Food awful, thankfully second nigt of two was dinner at Hilton. Our room had no view, small window looked out on next building, hence a gloomy room, clean but unless extereme disability dictates the special facilities I'd give it a miss

• Liked — not a lot
  • Disliked — the insitutional feeling
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TheBondHotel, Owner at The Bond St. Annes Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2009
I would just like to inform people that The St Annes Hotel is now under new ownership and Management. I would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to anyone who has had had a bad experience, to come back to the hotel and see first hand the improvements we have made. Wether it is a day trip or a short break, we would be happy to take a personal interest in any future booking.
Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Hotel. We had a few rooms and they were all great with the beds and the hoists in them and the bathroom seats etc.

Unfortunately we had 3 bathrooms and on our stay the showers were leaking all over the bathroom and out into the hallway/kitchen, we were told they had a problem with the drains and it was getting seen to.

The breakfast was nice, and the hydrotherapy pool was enjoyed too.

The bedrooms did seem a bit clinically and we were disappointed that there was no lounge in the rooms, so we all had to sit on each others bed all the time.

Summary: good disabled facilities, but thats as far as it goes. Expensive for what it is.

• Liked — Sea Front View and Disabled Facilities
  • Disliked — Floods in the rooms.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

Just returned from a two night visit to the StAnnes, we booked for our family of five, included, 3 adults, one disabled, two children. It cost £640.00. We were in a suite which was great, inc lots of space and, hoists etc. When I booked I was told that they catered for all, inc children. We had a 7yr old and 3 yr old, both sisters to my 18 yr old disabled son. We were extremely disapointed with the service, meals. No childrens menu, even my son whom required a liquidised and sieved diet, they cld only liquidise as they did not have a sieve!!. My kids starved, we had to buy biscuits etc and my son too, he asked for a jacket potato, they could not even offer him this. The meals were poor, certainly not as portrayed on the internet. The first night there were 30 guests and one waiter. He was quick, unhelpful and said the managers had cocked it up. We did not receive an apology. We wont be going again, we were well and truly ripped off, all that money for a stressful break. Dont bother. Oh and the glasses in the bar need washing, we were presented with drinks in the wrong glasses which were dirty.

• Liked — the room space in relation to wheelchair users
  • Disliked — not value for money, poor service, poor food
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

I had a good time at the St Annes hotel. When I go to a hotel in this country, I generally don't eat at the hotel so couldnt comment on the food (except breakfast which was OK) but the hotel itsself and the service received.

The service was good and the hotel itsself was a very smart setup. The rooms are nice, clean and good value. The pool and jacuzzi were both nice and worth a visit. Overall the inside of the hotel was very nice and better than the price suggested ( I paid round about £60 for a double room for a night )

The bit I enjoyed the most was the ability to have some drinks on patio style tables at the front of the hotel overlooking the sea.

• Liked — Nice decoration throughout
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Merseyside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2007

The St. Annes Hotel was a great disappointment.
Booked for a four day Christmas special 2006

The hotel caters specially for disabled persons. Couldn't fault the disabled facilities; hoists, ramps, bathroom etc.

The rest of the hotel didn't match up to the brochure description.
"Exclusive, Luxurious, Relaxing". " The last word in luxury".

The hotel has the ambience of an institution. The bedroom was dull, cheerless and depressing. The windows of frosted glass with roll down blinds of a dull brown. No window drapes. Bare walls with no pictures or decorations to relieve the plainness of the room

All of all the public areas have vinyl flooring. The lounge has "bucket" style chairs and couches. Far from comfortable.

The food was another disappointment. Unimaginative, tasteless and poorly presented, e.g; A dish of three colourless vegetables, mashed potato. cauliflower and what looked like turnip, (all white).

Would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

Stayed December 2006

Been to The Bond St. Annes Hotel? Share your experiences!