“better than anticipated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Langdales Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Langdales Hotel to your Saves list
The Langdales Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   318 - 328 Clifton Drive North, Lytham St Anne's FY8 2PB, England   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Manchester, United Kingdom
“better than anticipated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed 28 to 30 Nov,requested room overlooking park,was not dissapointed,good size room spotlessly clean,comfy bed,flat screen tv,large bay window,tea coffee making facilities,plenty of wardrobe space.Bathroom a little dated but perfectly functionable. Patrons on the mature side but a couple of young families staying. Staff superb nothing too much trouble,breakfast good and plentiful.Great location just a stroll from the square,where the shops and cafes etc are,and a similiar distance to the beach.Really good value for money,would definately stay again.

Room Tip: best rooms over look park,but also busy main road.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just got back from a weekend at the Langdales Hotel, Lytham. Like many hotels it is a bit tired in parts though we can see from each visit that a little bit more decorating and refurbishment has been carried out. We have stayed many times at this hotel and most of the rooms are pleasant, clean and the beds are comfortable. The food is average and what you would expect for the price you pay. This time though we were unfortunate to be located next to kitchen fan and at 7.30 am we were awoken by the roar of it. We had the window open (which incidentally was hard to shut) and the cooking smells soon filled the room. The staff were very good and allocated us another room which was lovely and I have to say that the staff are extremely pleasant and they are a credit to the establishment as nothing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: Refuse Room 212 as this is where the fan goes on the outside of the building.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thelangdaleshot... W, Manager at The Langdales Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Good Morning BednBreakfast C,

Thank you for leaving us a review and for your kind and honest comments.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas
from everyone at The Langdales Hotel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The floor of the swimming pool changing rooms was always very wet and slippery, resulting in my child having an accident and needing ice from reception for the swelling. The staff did not fill in any paperwork or report it in their accident book. I subsequently phoned up to speak to the manager who took details and asked me to come in and sign it. When I called in, none of the staff had any idea where the book was. I asked to see the manager, but she refused to come down and see me and she told the reception staff to tell me that the book wasn't available and I would have to come back another time. Appalling customer service and disregard for health and safety issues.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thelangdaleshot... W, Owner at The Langdales Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I fail to understand!

The tiles on our changing room floor are of a nonslip kind.

The health and safety officer calls to check our pool area and the water in the pool on a regular basis, on his last visit early in October 2014 we had a full clean bill of health.
On reporting the incident to my staff at reception you asked for some ice which you received, you were then asked if your daughter was ok and did you need anything else, I was informed that you told the member of staff " No thank you"
The following day when you telephoned, yes I was unaware there had been an incident, I asked you to give me the details, which I have entered into the accident book. On the details you gave me, I see it more of a 6 year old child losing her balance, whilst standing on one leg in a wet changing room, waiting for her mum to get her sock than a breach of health and safety.
When you came into the Hotel to sign the book I was off duty after working a fourteen hour shift and was just getting into the bath, so yes I was unavailable at that time. I had not had any warning from you that you would be calling at that time and like every other person who works I cannot be available 24 hours a day. I am glad you pointed out that the staff could not get hold of the accident report as by law they have to be locked away.
May I take this opportunity to remind all parents/ guardians who bring the children for swimming lessons, to use the changing/shower cubicles to protect the dignity and safety of your children.

Magdalene

Managing Director
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Stayed the weekend of 7th to 9th of November. We had 18 people in our party, so a variety of different rooms were needed and of course we all wanted to eat together.Yes the rooms maybe a little dated, but how long do you spend in your room? The swimming pool was used both days we were there along with the jacuzzi. The food was good especially the meal on Saturday night.We didn't know when we booked earlier in the year that it was a turkey and tinsel weekend which was a surprise to us all, and in the end it made the weekend better.The entertainment was only on Saturday night, and was absolutely brilliant.The staff were all lovely and coped well with our constant demands at mealtimes..would we go again..yes..Thank you once again magdalene and all her staff..

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the park are the best.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Sheffy444 for your kind words and honesty, we try our very best to please and meet the needs of all our guests, sometimes that is not the case and words of honesty change into cruel words (some of which are unfounded) and this we find very hurtful as a family run Hotel.
We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us thank you once again.

Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

We arrived by coach - a whole coach party of friends and colleagues. The staff are very friendly and polite and helpful. Our room was far too small to be a double . The bed was well past it's sell by date and it's position meant that one of is had face next to toilet door - nearly in the loo. One sore back and terrible nights sleep later - we asked if we could have a twin room. This was no problem and within five minutes of asking we had moved next door to what was a very spacious and more comfortable room. (Why were we squeezed into small room in first place?). The rooms were - like most of the 'hotel' in dire need of renovation - not to mention a good clean. The food was more what would you get I'm a 70's boarding house - plain Fayre take it or leave it. There was a Xmas party night - which was very good - but apart from that it was tick tock listen to the clock...... Staff were lovely that's a saving grace. FYI hotel scores the same as omni in LA - eh ?????

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thelangdaleshot... W, Manager at The Langdales Hotel, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for your lovely comments, we do our very best to ensure our guests have an enjoyable time, so its it's always nice to hear that they have.
Hope you all have a lovely Christmas
and hope to see you again in the new year
barnsley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

this was my second visit to Langdales so I knew what to expect. My room,[once I had found it along a maze of corridors!] was clean but had very dated furniture, same with the bathroom,clean but a very old suite. There was ample tea and coffee making facilities and clean towels every morning.The bed was comfy and I had a good nights sleep.
I was wandering if there had been a change in the kitchen staff since last year because things seemed a little unorganised in the dining room and we were left waiting a long time between courses.Having said that the staff in the dining room were very pleasant and very polite.In the end I suppose the wait could be forgiven because the food was lovely.
Langdales is convenient for the shops in St Anne's and for the bus services to Blackpool and Lytham.I had no time, or inclination , to visit the swimming pool or spa but I did see it being used by a lot of non residents.It was advertised that there was free wifi but I had no reception for that or my mobile phone in my bedroom. I had to use them both downstairs in the conservatory.
I stand by what I said in my first review, it is OK for a cople of nights but no for longer.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words and honesty, we try our very best to please and meet the needs of all our guests, sometimes that is not the case and words of honesty change into cruel words (some of which are unfounded) and this we find very hurtful as a family run Hotel.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as a base for the lights for the third time. Very handy for the lights, good transport links with bus stop right outside , clean, very friendly and helpful staff ,bar service a bit slow but prices reasonable.rooms more than adequate sometimes a little way from the lift along creaky corridors where all the houses have been joined together. Dinner choice of three or four menus and breakfast great.

Room Tip: room overlooking the road seem to be best
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas from everyone at The Langdales Hotel

Been to The Langdales Hotel? Share your experiences!