“Excellent afternoon tea. Well worth the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clifton Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lytham St Anne's
Clifton Arms Hotel
You added Clifton Arms Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Beach, Lytham St Anne's FY8 5QJ, England   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Excellent afternoon tea. Well worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I took my elderly mother to the clifton arms for a treat for mothers day. We had a lovley window seat and experienced great customer service throughout. Lovley sandwiches, scones with jam and clotted cream, and a selection of cakes which were beautiful. We were served by a very efficient man, who asked us several times were we ok and did we need any more tea. Lovley place. Shall certainly return again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We pride ourselves on the service and quality of food which our customers receive. Thus, I'm delighted that you were impressed with our afternoon tea. We're very popular during special occasions, such as Mother's Day, so my team will be extremely appreciate of your kind words. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our 42nd Wedding Anniversary was on 26 February, so as a special treat we booked Afternoon Tea here.
We have been twice before & it was delicious but on this it was very disappointing. The scones were very ungainly, not at all apetising looking & not hot like they used to be. Most disappointing of all was the lack of choice regarding cakes, there was a piece of Millionaires shortcake each & Macaroon each. As we don't eat Macaroons we asked for replacements, all we were offered was another piece of Millionaires shortcake. For the calibre of hotel we found this amazing! Considering we paid £40,One Afternoon tea with Champagne & one ordinary, it is greatly overpriced. We would have been better spending our money for a lunch out somewhere else. We will not go again unless we hear of an improvement in Afternoon Tea. Our expectations were definitely not met on this occasion

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Lancashirefemale, Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry that you found our afternoon tea to be disappointing on this occasion. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can reconsider the cakes on offer and the quality of the scones. We receive many compliments about our afternoon tea so I hope that you will return.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The room was very nice, the staff very helpful and friendly.
In addition to this it was very close to the vibrant centre of Lytham which has many bars and coffee houses. The hotel has an excellent menu and there are good car parking facilities at and around the hotel. The location is such that you can have a walk on the seafront before breakfast.

Room Tip: Some rooms have sea views,ours was one if these. It was on the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Janet H, Thank you for your recent review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do have an enviable position opposite Lytham Green yet close to the heart of the town. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

First visit to Lytham to attend a friends wedding. A lovely hotel, rooms very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. All the staff we came into contact with were helpful and polite. Would recommend the hotel to anybody.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Arundells, Thank you for your recent review. My team work so hard to deliver a high standard of service that such great feedback is truly appreciated. I'm delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you would have no hesitation in recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Not a 4 star hotel to my mind. Service good apart from on arrival where they seemed rather confused at reception and not welcoming. Room was large and elegant but dated and a bit scruffy. Slept ok until woken up by neighbour running a bath at 6 am! Breakfast ok. Black pudding and sausages not great and don't expect a buffet at a 4 star even though eggs were cooked to order. Will stay again but won't necessarily look forward to it next time.

• Stayed February 2014
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Grasiemck, Thank you for your recent review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you felt during your stay. I have spoken to the relevant departments and I appreciate your constructive criticism so that we can improve. Unfortunately, we have to offer a buffet at breakfast due to the size of the restaurant but we do offer cooked to order so I would recommend this for your next visit. With regards to the bedrooms, we have refurbished the majority and this is a continuous process. I hope you will see an improvement next time you stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from another few days. The Clifton Arms is well worth a visit. Fantastic sea view room. Spotlessly clean and comfortable and made so by an excellent team of housekeeping staff. Restaurant and reception staff as always helpful and courteous. Food delicious and good choice. If you are planning a trip to this area please give the Clifton Arms a try.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Rugor, Thank you for your recent review. I'm delighted that you enjoy your stays with us so much and that you find our standards consistently high each time you visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lytham St Annes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Been here for afternoon tea fantastic and been for lunch really enjoyed food and service, so was really disappointed after recommending it to my friend and deciding to take her mother for birthday meal. We all ordered the chicken curry when it arrived it was cold, rice was hot but not the curry the waiter apologised and took it away to bring back 10mins later,however the chicken was tough as if been re heated in microwave for to long. The chef did send us a bowl of chips as a way of apologising but we were so hungry couldn't be bothered to complain. There was only a handful
Of other people in there so not down to being rushed. After all the other times I'd been felt bad about someone having there birthday meal ruined.

• Stayed January 2014
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Kathleen28, Thank you for your recent review. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I offer no excuses, the quality of food you have described is unacceptable. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I can speak to those concerned. I take comfort in that you have been many times before and had enjoyable experiences so I hope you will return again.
Victoria

Been to Clifton Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!