“the dalmeny hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dalmeny Hotel

You added Dalmeny Hotel to your Saves list
Dalmeny Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 - 33 South Promenade, Lytham St Anne's FY8 1LX, England   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bacup UK
“the dalmeny hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just spent a week at this hotel, very comfortable, my room was lovely and big, I was on my own on a coach tour and I had such a lovely week. The driver of the coach Jim was lovely and all thne staff in the hotel ere so nice and helpfull. I must admit thne weather helped, but after a day out to return to such a nice clean hotel was a bonus. will definately go again..

Room Tip: very near the pier
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed February just 1 night. Took Gran with us (to bring back memories of her family holidays with her own children). Had a good stay. Reception staff very helpful when on arrival gran's room hadn't been reserved, we were allocated 2 lovely rooms right next door to each other, very spacious with a great bathroom, and our 2 children had a room of their own with a tv etc...perfect. Entertainment for the children was really good - our girls enjoyed it, especially the in the evening when they were kept very busy! The pool is area is very nice, and clean. We ate in the Atrium in the evening, not as good as I'd hoped unfortunately, slow service, and my meal was almost cold but as it was just edible I ate it rather than send it back - disappointing as it was the most expensive meal on the menu - well it was my birthday! Breakfast the following morning was delicious - couldn't fault it. Overall a good stay - would I return - I wouldn't rule it out.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your very complimentary comments, which I have passed to all staff concerned. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion

zrobertson@dalmenyhotel.co.uk
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Have stayed for a number of short breaks at this hotel and have always been impressed with the Atrium restaurant service and food quality. Recently renovated bar area is very comfortable and relaxed. Overall an excellent hotel with friendly professional staff. Would be most happy to recommend.

Room Tip: Worth paying that little bit extra for a premier or sea front room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind comments. We do try very hard to please, and it is always a bonus to receive such positive feedback

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future

zrobertson@dalmenyhotel.co.uk
Blackburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were a party of 10 adults + 1 baby checking in last Friday, staying for two nights. Myself and partner arrived a little later than the rest of the party and were given a key to a room that was already being used by my grandparents. We went back to reception to be told that we had all swapped rooms and that the person who checked the rest of the party in hadn't changed it round in the system. The only reason we swapped rooms was because my grandparents are elderly and requested a low floor room when booking (weeks before) but this is where they put the cot for the baby...? Another elderly couple wish us were given a room right at the back of the hotel, a long walk from main areas and had to be moved from a premier to a standard room.

That aside, the room we were given the second time was very large and comfortable. It was very clean and bright and the walk in power shower in the bathroom was great. The only complaint I had about the room was that the room smelled slightly of smoke, and I think the smell is in the curtains so these could do with steam cleaning I think.

The carvery, I would say was just average. Although the staff in the restaurant were all really friendly and helpful, the food was not as impressive. On the first night, the soup was good but the turkey was rather dry and the potatoes were chewy, which is something I have never experienced before!

Breakfast, served in the same room, was great with lots of choice, there's something for everyone.

On Saturday, around 5pm there was a power cut in some parts of the building and unfortunately, our room was affected. I was in the middle of having a shower and my parter was in the gym, so I was in a pitch black bathroom on my own. The room phone wasn't working to call reception and it's impossible to get a mobile phone signal in room 163. I had to wait for my partner to return about an hour later and he went to ask reception if anyone knew when the electricity would be back on, but no one could give us an idea. We had a table booked for 6:30 in the carvery and unfortunately we missed our meal with our family because we couldn't get ready in the dark, and without power for a hairdryer etc. We weren't offered another room to get ready in and we felt that this is what they should have done.

We would actually have liked to eat in the Atrium that night as there was a greater menu choice and you get an £18 allowance for food in here if you are on D/B/B basis. But, it was full because of a function (we were NOT told this when we booked) so we were offered a private room, but when my Grandmother went to have a look at the room she said that it wasn't what she wanted (it was her 60th wedding anniversary) They hotel did, very kindly put some balloons in the carvery room for us which was a nice touch.

The swimming pool was lovely and so was the lounge adjacent to this. There's also plenty to keep kids occupied for most of the day. The weather for our weekend away was wonderful and the location of the hotel is great for a day visit to Lytham and a nice walk on the beach.

Because a couple of rooms were changed, the hotel needed to refund my grandmother £60 as one of the rooms that we were given wasn't a premier room, which she had booked. They insisted she was only due a refund of £20. We also worked it out as £60 and when she returned to reception and argued this, they agreed she was correct. It really wasn't that hard to work out...

At £2000 for a weekend break, the service needs to be better and the food quality should be improved (otherwise people will just choose to eat out at the Toby carvery across the road!)

Room Tip: Go for a sea front room on a high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
I was most concerned to read your comments regarding your recent stay at The Dalmeny, especially the confusion which arose on check in, when it appears that our Housekeeping staff had been wrongly instructed to place the cot in the wrong room. I also note that Reception had not logged the room changes in our Reservation system, resulting in yourself and your partner being shown to a room which was already occupied.Please accept my personal apologies for the confusion caused. I have now instructed this department to take a little more care in the future

Your observations regarding the standard of food in the Carvery have been passed to our Head Chef. We have always prided ourselves on the quality of food served within the hotel, and I was therefore extremely disappointed to receive this negative feedback

The power cut was extremely unfortunate, but completely out of our control, and we were unable to get any idea of exactly how long this situation would last. We did manage to offer many clients who came to Reception, a room to change in and/or dry their hair, but, because the Reception area was overstretched during this period, I regret that we were unable to contact affected rooms either by phone or in person

I am sorry that your party were unable to dine in The Atrium due to a private function taking place. I am informed that you were offered a private dining facility, but chose to dine in the Carvery, when our staff organised balloons to be placed on your table

As a result of their room change, your grandmother was due a refund of £60, and I was concerned to learn that she was forced to argue with our Receptionist to receive this. Please accept my sincere apologies. This is not typical of the type of service I strive to offer, and this matter has been taken up in the strongest possible terms with the staff concerned.

Despite your disappointment on this occsion, I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. If you would care to inform me personally of any future booking by email at zrobertson@dalmenyhotel.co.uk, I will endeavour to ensure that your booking is administered to your entire satisfaction

The Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

It's not often that you encounter service which encompasses every member of staff at a hotel, but 'The Dalmeny Hotel' scores top marks for its staff who are friendly and welcoming and who put themselves out as a matter of course.

Today was 'Mother's Day' a busy day for any hotel and restaurant and we found ourselves in Lytham St Anne's needing Sunday Lunch. Despite the restaurant being booked to capacity, the staff managed to find us a table for two and we enjoyed a superb 'Mother's Day' lunch.

The hotel suprised us by the politeness of its staff who clearly treat every casual visitor as a valued guest and we were impressed so much by the facilities that we will be returning in the not too distant future to enjoy a short break.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments. We do strive to make every visitor to the Dalmeny to feel welcome. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your lunch and hope to welcome you back to the hotel for a short break in the not too distant future

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just got back from a great weekend at The Dalmeny. The entertainment for the children was great all weekend long. Only fault was noisy neighbours, which isn't the fault of the hotel, just of the parents who seemed quite happy for their children to run riot, despite notices up in all the corridors asking children to be quiet and respect others. My two boys knew to be quiet, so why couldn't others? We will be returning later in the year and would highly recommend it to others with young children.

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

A great hotel in a great location. The room was well equipped and very clean and we really enjoyed the breakfast. The Dalmeny has a huge swimming pool which is great and has enough room for many people, the only down side in the leisure facilities was the gym needs a bit of a refurb. Almost all the the staff were really friendly and helpful, except one very rude middle aged man with glasses pushing a trolley around who ignored us when we asked where the car park was. Overall there were very few problems with our stay and we will probably stay again.

Room Tip: 541 is a great room, right next to the cafe and swimming pool. As long as you don't mind stairs...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Dalmeny Hotel? Share your experiences!