“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Claremont

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lytham St Anne's
The Claremont
You added The Claremont to your Saves list
1 Derbe Road, Lytham St Anne's FY8 1NJ, England   |
OLDHAM
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have just stayed two nights at the Claremont whilst attending a friends wedding in Lytham.
I had an en-suite single room and may I say how pleased I was.
The room was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and spacious shower/bathroom. The towels were fresh and clean with the largest bath towel on the planet. Ample tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen tv with freeview. You couldn't ask for more.
The inclusive breakfast which consisted of a good choice of cereals and fruit juice followed by a full english breakfast (other cooked options were available) was superb. In fact my only criticism would be that cooked breakfast was too hot. It was obvious it was freshly prepared.
I noticed that the dining tables were immaculate and the cutlery was exceptionally clean and polished which to me shows a high level of care and pride.All this for the excellent price of £30 per night.
It was also well positioned for access to public transport and within easy walking distance of an array of shops and restaurants.
I may well stay in Lytham in the future and The Claremont would be my first choice.
Congratulations to Alison and Ray

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1mapfan, Owner at The Claremont, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
WOW, thank you very much for taking time to write such an in depth and informative review of your recent stay at our guest house. Whilst we appreciate your lovely comments we know that all that you have said will help future guests decide if we are the place that they choose to visit.
Many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our third trip to The Claremont. A group of 10 golfers - married couples - have stayed here for the last few years and have indeed booked again for next year. Alison and Ray are terrific hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are clean and have everything you need in them, tea and coffee making facilities etc. Breakfast is a delight - basically anything you would like, in anyway you would like it ! Wine chilling in the fridge for all us golfers to meet up in the evening before we sample the delights of Lytham St Annes. We would recommend this B & B to all who like nice clean rooms and towels, a terrific breakfast and help with anything that is needed.

Room Tip: We always have room 3 - our friends have room 4. Our room has a double and single bed in it. It is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1mapfan, Owner at The Claremont, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stays with us.
It has always been a pleasure to welcome you all.
We have twelve months notice now to find an activity for your mid week 'day off', perhaps not as energetic as this years idea!

Thanks again and see you soon as the year will fly by again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

On arrival my first impressions of the accommodation were good. I was shown to a single room which seemed cosy and suitable for a nights stay in st Anne's whilst visiting my daughter who lived nearby.
During the night I had to receive medical attention and was taken to hospital due to a mouth abscess. An infection had caused me difficulty in breathing so I was taken by paramedics to Blackpool Victoria hospital and was not discharged until 5am.
The previous day I had arranged with the land lady that I would like to have breakfast at 9am. However because I was admitted to hospital and did not arrive back at the accommodation until 5.30am I presumed that my breakfast would be kept asside for me considering that the landlady was aware that I had been ill during the night. When I arrived in the lounge area at 9.30 I was urgently asked to settle my bill and did so with the land lady and then waited in the lounge expecting to then be served my breakfast. At 10am I then rang the bell to explain I needed to leave shortly and when I can be expecting my breakfast? The land lady then told me I had requested to have my breakfast at 9 which is the time they stopped serving breakfast. I was so angry, however I remained polite and then left the b&b not only tired but extremely hungry. I was not made aware that breakfast would not be served after 9, but I thought my host would be considerate enough to make an exception considering I had been taken by ambulance to the hospital during the night. I could not believe I was refused breakfast and was frankly disgusted that I was not so much as offered a slice of toast. During my time in the lounge waiting for my breakfast I noticed a sign encouraging guests to write a review on trip advisor. So this is mine: Could have been a pleasant stay as the room was ideal for my purposes. The land lady may have a qualification in sign language, but I think a course in hospitality would have been more appropriate. Although people with hearing difficulties will be catered for, should you have breathing difficulties and need hospital care you will not be treated in with the same care or courtersey. If you look like me ie a skin head with piercings and tattoos, who does not seem educated enough to write a hotel review I would not stay here. If you are a business man in a suit or a mature couple I think your hospitality would be better catered for, and I imagine you would be given the courtesy of handing your keys in at the end of your stay before you are asked to settle the bill. But if you don't look well to do you will likely have card reader rudely put before you first thing in the morning incase you make off without paying. Overall very dissatisfied with the level of hospitality. A caring host would have acknowledged that I had been taken by ambulance to hospital and at least made some effort to make my terrible experience a little better by allowing me some leeway with the breakfast policy. £30 seemed a bargain for a night stay and a breakfast, but all I got was 3hrs sleep and not so much as a piece of toast and a brew. So I have some sign language of my own for the management of the Claremont the you do not need a BSL qualification to understand.

• Stayed August 2013
1mapfan, Owner at The Claremont, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We are pleased that you were happy with your room but disappointed that you felt disatisfied with our hospitality.
Breakfast times are clearly stated (from 7 am till 9 am) in the information for our guest house on the web site of the booking agent you used and in our guest room welcome folders.
Email confirmation requests payment on arrival - we generally wait till departure.
Guests are welcomed regardless of appearance, hairstyle etc.
During your arrival and greeting conversation you chose 9 am for your breakfast time.
Advise was also given as to the location of the out of hours pharmacy.
We were woken at 1 am to answer the doorbell for the paramedics and after half an hour we saw you go off to the hospital by ambulance.
Breakfasts are freshly prepared and once all guests have been served the kitchen is closed for cleaning. No food is "kept aside".
By 9:30 am we assumed that you must either be still at hospital or had decided to lie in and, like some guests do, use the beverage tray in your room and miss breakfast.
When you came into the lounge at 9:35 am and Alison enquired how you were the impression was that you were still in discomfort and probably unable to eat. She therefore presented your bill.
We sincerely hope when you next visit your daughter that you will book and stay with us again.
Stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed for a week at the Claremont, in the basic single room (Room 2), and cannot fault the place. It is scrupulously clean,tea bags etc, shower gel, shampoo and clean towels are generously provided and the clean bathrobe supplied was a touch which raised the standard from excellent to super excellent. Alison and Ray are kind, courteous and keen to ensure that all guests are happy. I appreciated the availability of early breakfasts as even on holiday I like a prompt start to each day so that I can catch early buses and trains for my trips out and cram as much as possible into my time. The breakfasts are magnificent; I have a food intolerance (cannot eat animal fat) but Alison catered for this, providing fully-skimmed milk and Flora, with no fuss. Since returning home I have been recommending the Claremont to friends, neighbours, colleagues - anyone who crosses my path actually! I hope to make a return visit in the future.

Room Tip: Anyone wanting a single would be well placed in Room 2 as the shared bathroom is very rarely used ex...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1mapfan, Owner at The Claremont, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you Andrea for writing such lovely words following your stay with us.
Alison enjoyed hearing all about your travels around The Fylde, each morning at breakfast.
You gave us some ideas of places to go ourselves in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you again on another holiday in the area.
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were in room 3 and while the bathroom was small, the room was fine and spotlessly clean with large fluffy towels, nice bedding. Lovely fresh full english breakfast well served. The coast is at the end of the street. The service was really good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1mapfan, Owner at The Claremont, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Hopefully you will come to the area again especially the proms concert again next year.
Many thanks for taking time to review our guest house
Gourock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My Grandson and I stayed in this B&B for one night. It is first class, the room was excellant with a good shower and soft towels to a standard better than I have experienced in many large hotels. The breakfast, in both choices offered and quality was also first class. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The owners have thought through what is needed in a B&B even down to making plates and cutlery available in the lounge area should you choose to bring in a carry out meal. It is great value for money and would be a great base for those looking to stay longer than a few nights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1mapfan, Owner at The Claremont, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
We hope to welcome you again when you next attend a match
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a B&B which is more like a boutique hotel. We stayed in room no. 1 just for one night, very comfortable, brilliant shower, soft towels, perfectly clean. Breakfast room is light & pleasant, and the food was fine. Alison, the owner, was very helpful.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1mapfan, Owner at The Claremont, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Well high praise indeed! Thank you so much for all your kind comments.
However we feel we are happy in our Guest House/ B'n'B position and won't be changing our name to Boutique Hotel but thanks again for the compliment.
Hopefully you can visit for longer next time.

Been to The Claremont? Share your experiences!