“This hotel sets the standard for other budget hotels to follow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Milton Keynes East - M1

You added Days Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 to your Saves list
Days Inn Milton Keynes East - M1
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M1 Northbound, Junction 14 - 15, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes MK16 8DS, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Norwich, United Kingdom
“This hotel sets the standard for other budget hotels to follow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This will sound very similar to other reviews of this hotel: I never expect much from budget hotels, particularly ones at a motorway service area and it was only for a night so I wasn't too bothered but WOW what an eye opener!!!! Really friendly service, really comfortable room and really great food at a really great price. The dinner menu was varied and it was properly cooked food too (I was warned it would take 25 minutes to cook it so this wasn't boil in the bag or quick microwave stuff) and the continental breakfast was only £4.95 but had real croissants and fresh fruit salad. Staff were genuinely friendly and helpful, there was free WIFI (which so many more expensive hotels charge for) and free newspapers. Last week I was in a four star hotel which left me fairly dissapointed. I could not fault this place. Other budget hotels take note: Days Inn Milton Keynes proves that it is possible to provide an excellent service and a very low price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night early in the month with my Mum, son and nephew in a family room. The rooms were lovely and very big. The beds were comfortable and the view from the room onto a big field was lovely. It was silent at night, so no worries at all about noise from the motorway. Our toilet got blocked after just 3 flushes but we didn't notice until the morning so don't know how fast staff responded to it. The hotel is in a convienient location and a short drive (5 mins) from the city centre. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

MKs best keep secret,

my wife and I got married here 23 years ago yes! at a service station it was valve for money then and still reminds so today, my Niece just recently had there wedding service there too

I and my wife and the 2 children had to travel from land ends to MK for my dear mothers funeral the hotel staff were well aware of this and made us most welcome and very helpful indeed ,
not sure you would get this from the big chain hotels? i cant fault any one of the staff
we had to 2 family rooms for £80.00 per night with breakfast the children breakfasts were free, when i say children aged 11 and 14 , thats valve for money
the rooms were of good size , very clean, very light, nice touch on the black out curtains , and to top it all the beds were super comfy best sleep i have add in ages

on the downside i have made Luke aware( the manager) about the extract fans for some reason are on a timer and run for hours on end, and then go off all together till the evening, that is ok if your on business trip and its up and go, but if like me your using your room for a base the no its not ,

my other thing was the fire doors ie your room doors make a hell of bang when closing, this would be a simple fix from the maintenance team to slow the doors down and i think it would make a massive improvement to overall guest stays , just for the record i am maintenance manager for 5 star hotel in Cornwall so i am well aware of these little issues make i big difference to guests overall experiences

I am coming back to MK for this coming Christmas to visit family and friends and this hotel will be the one i will using ticks all boxes
i would like to thank Luke and his team for a wonderful stay and thanks and see you all xmas

Room Tip: room 13 bed super comfy
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am a self confessed snob. Ordinarily I would never EVER choose a hotel at a service station.

I was on a business trip and needed somewhere with good access to the M1 and Milton Keynes. I found this hotel on google and then obviously checked it out on TA. I booked due to the good reviews, however I was still completely staggered by the quality and value for money offered at this hotel. Unbelieveably good value, clean, great facilities - head and shoulders above Premier Inn and Travel Lodge.

I will certainly be trying other Days Inn's in the future.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra £10.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This hotel was fantastic. I must admit than when I found I was staying at a service station hotel I was a bit worried, and the exterior of the place felt like I was in an American teen movie. But I was blown away by this place. For what it gives you, it is better than any Travelodge (The central MK one is dreadful, a cardboard box would be better) or Premier Inn I have stayed in, and the price matches that of the other two perfectly! Parking was sorted out for me, and it was reassuring to know CCTV was actively in action, and the lady at the reception on arrival was brilliant, however the night receptionist wasn't as helpful and was difficult to understand but the young barman helped us out with a drinks dilemma we had and even gave us champagne flutes to take back to our room when we asked nicely. I didn't eat here but the restraunt looks very well presented and you can take the food back to your room (no room service). I like that the option for smoking rooms is available and I will try one of these, they are situated outside with outside doors, so don't worry about your corridor smelling of stale smoke if you're not a smoker! The rooms were plush, we were put in an executive room, although there isn't much difference, the en suite was immaculate, the bed clean and comfy with crisp linen and our room overlooked a lush looking green field. It was the perfect hotel room for my birthday! I would stay here again anyday. I recently joined trip advisor after reading reviews on the Travelodge CMK and I am unfortunately already booked to stay there this weekend, but I have already looked at prices here incase I can't bare it!

Room Tip: If you're a smoker make sure you double check you got your smoking room, as we thought we had bu...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

It's now 7.15 am and the cleaner has been crashing around outside my bedroom door for almost 15 minutes!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room in this hotel - go somewhere else ... in fact anywhere else! If you have to...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The exterior of this building looks like a 60's American motel, not particularly appealing however don't be put off. We booked a family room as this was on offer at an unbelievable price, when we arrived we had been given a executive room. The room was clean spacious with white bedding and a very fresh smell, the bathroom had a bath and shower and was also very clean.
The staff were also very friendly and helpful directing us to a cheaper petrol station away from the service area. We did not visit the bar or food but being situated on the motorway service and very near to Newport Pagnell there is no lack of choice of eating establishments.
Will say here again and hope with all the good reviews thet this hotel is getting that there will still be bargain room rates available .

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have no road noise and overlook open fields
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Milton Keynes East - M1? Share your experiences!