“Beautiful setting, wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14

You added Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   London Road, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes MK16 0JA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting, wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I got married here in August last year, the hotel is an older building with beautiful surroundings, the staff were extremely helpful and catered to all our needs, ensuring we were happy at all times throughout our day and te build up prior. We had family staying at the hotel also who were comfortable and enjoyed their stay. The food throughout our wedding breakfast, buffet and breakfast was of a high standard and we couldnt have asked for anything more. I would definately recommend this hotel, we made lots of happy memories here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marwan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Nicki A

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East on Trip Advisor.

I am grateful for your sincere words with regards to the team, food and hotel facilities.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Marwan Hemchaoui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We decided to hold our wedding reception here. It was absolutely perfect. Staff were friendly, helpful and really tried to make the day run as smoothly as possibe. I was greeted by name by all the staff all day (even went to a second wedding reception 4 weeks later - and still was welcomed back, remembering my name!!). Everyone complemented about the food, it was delicious, drinks were reasonably priced, although a few guests moaned about the bar prices later on in the evening... but it is a hotel after all.
I had no stress dealing with this hotel, the wedding co-ordinator was lovely, helped out with any questions we had, followed our requirements to the letter and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. So glad we picked this place for our wedding reception. One negative though... included in the package we could have use of 'the honeymoon suite'. I expected more!!! Old and run down and really didnt feel special. But saying that i had a fabulous day despite that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Knight

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your wedding reception and thank you for your sincere words with regards to the team and food.

I know this comes a bit too late but the honeymoon suite has just been refurbished and only sorry you were not able to sample.

All the best for the future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I arrived at this hotel expecting something more than was available at the (cheaper) Holiday Inn Express up the road. Unfortunately, this hotel didn't live up to my expectations.

The hotel is itself quite old, and this follows through to the rooms and decor. Our room was adequate in size, and decently comfortable but not the cleanest and weren't that impressed with the state of repair it was in.

Everything was basically clean, but it was pretty mangy in places with mildew, peeling wallpaper, and cracked fascias. I was visited by a quite large 8-legged friend whilst attempting to shower, which wasn't the most pleasant beginning to my stay!

The location is quite out of the way, but it is in pretty surroundings and the area surrounding it is quiet farmland. It is convenient from the highway (M1).

The staff were friendly, but this was really the only saving grace, unfortunately!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Marwan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest

I am sorry to read that the bedrooms not meet your expectations, however I am delighted to announce that the refurbishment of our bedrooms has commenced. Air conditioning units have now been installed in all bedrooms. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to sample our new product.

Thank you for your kind words with regards to the team which is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

Sutton Coldfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Booked 2 double rooms with sofa bed as a stop over for a family party nearby. Glad I emailed to check the booking beforehand as booking.com had supplied these rooms on a 'one U19 stays foc when using existing bedding' basis. At other Holiday Inn's my 15 year old has stayed on the sofa bed without issue but this one wanted to charge me an extra £30 when they discovered she wasn't U12! Having booked the rooms 9 months in advance to secure the best rate, I wasn't overly impressed & arranged for her to stay with family elsewhere :( Despite this, I have to say the hotel was welcoming & well situated about 4 mins drive from Jn 14 M1 heading towards Newport Pagnell - easy to spot just after turnoff for Cranfield Airstrip. I was worried when I was told there were 2 wedding parties going on but in all honesty, we didn't hear any noise in Room 25 which was tucked in a far corner of the hotel. Nice dual aspect windows & good sized double - no sofa bed but a single armchair & table sufficed. Our second room (29) did have a sofa bed. Room was clean & the bathroom spacious. A good rate was offered for breakfast but we chose to have our porridge pots in the room for convenience. Milton Keynes was easily accessed just the other side of the motorway junction, making this a cost effective stop over all in all - would stay again but need to ditch the kids first!

Room Tip: Ask for the quieter rooms if a wedding is going on - generally towards back of hotel - Room 25 was g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Marwan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest

I am glad that you were not disturbed in any way despite the fact we had two weddings going on, we do our hardest to allocate rooms carefully for this reason.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for a family wedding. It is an older building than you would normally expect from Holiday Inn, which was nice. It had just been repainted, the bathrooms were functional but hadn't been updated since the 1980s. We got a great rate as we were staying for a wedding (£70 a night), and I wouldn't pay their rack rate (£155!!!). Breakfast was included, was average at 8.15 on Saturday, awful dregs at 10.45 on Sunday.
The staff were friendly and helpful, it was quiet and comfortable.
The wedding packages are very good value for money if that is the kind of thing you are looking for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marwan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest

Your comment regarding the team is very kind and I trust you enjoyed the wedding.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

stayed here for 1 night for a wedding reception 22nd september.
could not really fault the hotel we had a very enjoyable stay
for anyone thinking of a wedding here then you should not be dissapointed.
we were only at the hotel for a sit down meal and evening disco so cant comment on a ceremony which the hotel can provide?
i was very impressed with the quality of food during the sit down meal,was very fresh,hot and good servings.
also whilst on the subject of food the buffet all u can eat breakfast i thought was amazing !! many people commenting the same ,plenty of choice of hot and cold breakfast items.
the hotel itself decor is very nice ,clean ,nice bar area ,also we found the room very clean and spacious.
we stayed in a family room with a fold down sofabed which was great for our daughter .
we did find that the staff in the hotel were great especially during sit down meal seemed they could not do enough for you !!

overall very enjoyable stay .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Your comments regarding the quality of food, hotel decor and the team is very kind and appreciated.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

this hotel is just off the motorway but is in a peaceful countryside location. The hotel was being decorated when I was there but there were plenty of signs warning guests where there was wet paint. breakfast and dinner were good with a good selection and the room was comfortable with a trouser press and ironing board and iron and the hairdryer had a mirror located nearby - often a bugbear with business hotels who seem to think guests don't need to see what they are doing with the hairdryer. Plenty of hot water and plenty of big thick towels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear that your were happy with our breakfast and dinner offering and as you rightly pointed out we are in the process of our decorating programme.

Marwan Hemchaoui

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14? Share your experiences!