“Lovely staff” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We booked a table for 7pm and was shown to our table before our time. The restaurant was very busy and all the tables seemed to be booked and in use. We were a party of 4 and had a long wait between courses the food was ok but not the best. We was looked after by a waiter called Mark who was very friendly and very efficient. Nice staff but the food could be better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Booked a table for 7:45 for one and was shoved in what appeared to be a corridor. I was passed three times before I was asked what I wanted to order and subsequently ordered a starter and a main course plus a beer. The starter came after 20 minutes and I had to ask three times for my drink prior to its arrival. Before my main I visited the toilet only to return to find my table had been cleared! A very apologetic man hastily rearranged it and put my drink back down. The mixed grill I ordered came and was really greasy. A further 20 minutes came and I decided to leave my money on my plate and leave. Suggest you wonder down to the local KFC if you want customer service.

Visited May 2014
Herefordshire
“Really gone downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We eat here from time to time, enjoy a lunch or snack and makes for an easy but varied choice. Sadly, the food has really gone off on the current menu. We used to love the burgers, juicy and meaty served with salad and fries (especially like the 'upgraded' fries!). However when we went the other day we had a terrible meal. The burgers were thin, dry and tasteless in a large bun that was dry and crispy. There was a little lettuce in the burger. The burger and the chips were almost as cold as the lettuce and the coleslaw!
I told a member of staff who said that the new burgers are different - I expressed my disappointment. We chose to continue eating although we were offered a change of dish, simply due to having not much time to wait. It was all so cool that we managed to eat the bits we wanted in double quick time.
We ordered a dessert and were told they would be free of charge - they offered this we didn't have to ask.
So, customer service in dealing with problems was excellent. Sadly, the food was very poor. There are plenty of good pubs serving food in this area and cafes in the town, so we will not go back here until someone tells us it has improved.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom
“£26 down the drain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I arrive at 7pm. The place was buzzing, so we thought this be good place for food. When I went to the Bar I enquired about a sugar free drink. They dont supply them, I don't mind its just the way I got told "YOUR GONNA HAVE TO HAVE WATER THEN INNIT" who speaks like that. my boyfriend and I ordered burgers. while waiting I went and got cutlery and sauces. and found several bottles of vinegar placed on bar for serving. I always check my vinegar before use as flies love it. they all had bits it. so I asked for a fresh bottle of vinegar and they brought me another dirty one.
The food arrived within 10 mins which is excellent. food was presented excellent too.
The food itself was very bland. the burgers was so bland we didnt eat them.
we ended up getting another bowl of chips and filled up on them CHIPS WERE GOOD.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Cold food no value for money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went there 4pm on a Sunday 4 Meals with drinks £63 .2 lamb dinners were cold had to go in micro wave £10 each and very small plates no boils ore mash potatoes .just roast waited 50mins ....I had a mixed grill with 9 frozen chips in what looked like a peanut bowl also 1 extra chips same again 2 small tasteless sausages wafer thin gammon 4.oz steak and a chickens lip no peas 1 mushroom half of tomatoe disgusting £14.99 .son had 1 double chicken burger only probs chips as above and only 1 burger to be found no salad .not very warm will not advise anyone to visit this beefheater .i will be sticking with Toby from now on .rip offs

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere