“Somme and Vimy Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Activities in Ross-on-Wye
More attraction details
Owner description: Follow in the footsteps of Heroes! with In the footsteps Battlefield Tours. Our top quality service can be tailored to suit your every need. Let our experts guide you around the battlefields telling you the stories of heroes, showing you the places where they fought and giving you an understanding of what the officers and men who fought the battles went through. A tour with us will leave you with memories that will last forever.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Somme and Vimy Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My son and I went on a tour of the Somme and Vimy battlefields over 2 days. Our guide Tim Wright was extremely knowledgeable and engaging. He tailored the trip perfectly for my teenage son, keeping him interested with anecdotes to bring it to life - even picking out the gravestones of famous footballers along the way - and managed to communicate brilliantly the enormity of the conflict. Highlight was a walk over one of the many ploughed fields in the region. After 95 years it was still strewn with shrapnel, bullets and pieces of shells and grenades...

Visited October 2012

Concordville, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Battlefield Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I had a marvelous 10 day trip through Belgium, northern France and southern Germany visiting WWI and WWII battlefields. We visited parts of the Ypres Salient, the Somme area, the Ardennes, Verdun, the Battle of the Bulge and the bridge at Remagen and more, finishing in Munich. All of Jo's hotel arrangements were perfect. Ian is a excellent guide and took us to fascinating places we never would have found on our own. I learned a lot and had a truly wonderful time. I will travel with this company without hesitation. In fact, we are looking forward to another trip with Ian next year.

Visited September 2012
Miami, Florida
“World Wars I and II battlefields/forts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a fascinating and very comfortable tour with Ian in his Land Rover. Into the woods and over the fields we went. Ian is very informed and, most importantly, pleasant. The choices he made as he developed the tour for me were right on!

Visited October 2012
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Ypres”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went on a general tour of the Ypres Salient, paying particular attention to the role played by the Welsh Regiments in 3rd Ypres. I had a fantastic time. Ian (Our guide) was really well informed and passionate about the subject (Apart from being a nice bloke). My son has developed a fascination in what happened in WW1 as a result of the tour. I would really recommened and I will be using them again myself.

Visited July 2012