“A beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“A beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Thanks to the fantastic managers and reception staff, we had a really great time enjoying the friendly and beautiful Salcombe.
The breakfast served provides you with that great start of the day you want.
Don't miss out on trying their really nice restaurant, that deserves more accolade than I have seen so far on tripadvisor. Keep up the good work and that warm Devonian welcome,we will be back shortly!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you do much for your kind words, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We really do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Totnes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I took a friend for a girlie day to the Salcombe Harbour Hotel and Spa. We received a warm welcome from the friendly and professional staff at every point of our visit. The pool area has been very well designed and the atmosphere truly relaxing. We enjoyed 2 hours of bliss with the "Total Indulgence Treatment" exiting the spa feeling totally pampered. Thank you to Sarah who performed the best massage I have experienced in ages. We went on to enjoy a very long lazy lunch in the restaurant overlooking the harbour, where the food was delicious and the staff attentive. I would certainly recommend to my friends and have already purchased Spa Day experiences for another friends birthday.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel here following your recent Spa day with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and I will indeed pass on your thanks to the team here at the hotel, we are really proud of them all. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for one Tuesday night to celebrate my birthday. We were greeted by very friendly and professional staff who parked our car for us, then showed us to our lovely room - on the top floor overlooking the estuary. The room was spotless, spacious and very well equipped, complete with complimentary gin and sherry! We were given excellent instructions on using the lights etc and provided with a Nexus tablet to access the free wifi and find any additional information about the hotel. I was treated to an Indian head massage in the spa, which was lovely but not exceptional. We enjoyed using the spa facilities which were clean, well equipped and beautifully decorated. Dinner was delicious and the views from a table near the window were perfect. The staff were very attentive without being invasive but we were served by a number of waiting staff instead of being allocated a single waiter, so they had to ask who was having which meal. The bed was extremely comfortable (and I'm fussy about beds!) and the hotel was quiet. Breakfast was delicious, with a help yourself continental breakfast as well as a good range of cooked breakfast to order. All in all an excellent stay. Thank you to all the staff there for making us feel special.

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the harbour was perfect, especially in good weather so you can make use of the...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time review the hotel here on this site following your recent visit. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

There are lots of wows here, the turntable for cars at reception is the first. The views over the harbour are fantastic and the spa is great, although if the hotel was full it could be a little small. Room was nicely appointed, quite small though. Nice touch of the binoculars. Breakfast was superb. The staff are clearly well trained and could not be faulted.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are every proud of the team here and are pleased that we took care of you all so well. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I visited the Salcombe Harbour Hotel today for a Spa Day with my mum. From the moment we arrived until the minute we left we received excellent service from the staff. They were a real credit to the hotel. Every one of them we encountered was friendly and helpful. In the restaurant we received excellent service from the attentive waitress that served us. She regularly kept topping our water up and gave us more bread and butter. We felt really looked after. The food was delicious, i had goats cheese salad for starters and Fish and Chips for main which was so delicious, the chips were to die for! The views from the restaurant were stunning too.

I loved the spa facilities, gorgeous pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. I loved the 'pebble room' a relaxation room with cushions and beanbags, ambient lighting and soft music. There was a big bowl of fruit that you could help yourself to and plenty of water throughout the day.

I feel pampered and spoilt after my day of luxury. I would recommend this hotel, especially the spa day / facilities and restaurant. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel here on this site, following your recent Spa day with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago before it was refurbished and we've been looking forward to returning . We booked a last minute deal for one night on the dinner b&b rate . We had an estuary glimpse room which was beautiful and spacious whilst this also overlooked the car park it was possibly not the best view but we had fun watching all the guests arrive and everyone marvelling at the turntable that turned the cars around and then parked by the valet . As with most places the weather makes a difference. We arrived on a sunny but windy day . However the position of our room with balcony was such that we didn't even feel a breeze and we sat taking in the beautiful estuary view sipping our complementary gin . Although this was a great gesture , together with binoculars wrap , slippers and rug, it would have been complete if they had thrown In The tonic as mini bar prices are silly. House keeping brought ice and lime at 6 pm .
The room was spacious and had a window over the terrace. ( opaque glazing so no prying eyes.) we were worried this maybe noisy , especially as there was a wedding in the function room , but it wasn't. I do feel that the same glazing should be used in between the balconies too as you are obviously overlooked by the occupants next door.
All of the staff from the parking valet , reception staff , bar and waiting staff we all welcoming pure and friendly. We had a delicious meal in the jetty restaurant. The cheese soufflé was so light I don't know how it stayed on the plate. My husband had delicious scallops. We followed with a superb lemon sole for me and a monster big crab for my husband( couldn't believe he polished off the whole lot. We had the full breakfast in the morning which was beautifully presented. The hotel is in such a great location and I am delighted that the harbour hotel group have invested in this hotel. We will definitely return later in the year , after the summer crowds have left .

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and indeed as you stayed at the hotel before the development you can really see the transformation. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again later this year.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed on the top floor in a full balcony room for two nights - The best room you can get other than a suite, which cost over £300 per night inc breakfast. We were really looking forward to the break from the kids. The décor and feel of the Lobby is chic with a seaside theme. Service on check-in was very pleasant and was given a quick tour of the facilities.

Once in the room, there was a great view of the harbor where we spent most of our time as we were lucky enough to get a sunny day. The issues we had were in the detail. And when you’re paying this amount, I think you should expect detail. Some things that were a bit annoying: Rooms were small. Even for the upgraded room we stayed in; There was bird poo all over the glass balcony, and even when housekeeping came to service our room after the first night, it was still there; The decanter of gin is a nice touch, but without ice and lemon and you have to pay for tonic water, I felt a bit miffed. If you’re going to do it – Do it properly; WiFi is poor; Bathroom is small with shower over bath; The floor creaked and had an unusual slope in it; Thin walls – I don’t want to hear someone snoring and going to the toilet next door; Smallish beds and we think it was polyester in the linen made for an uncomfortable nights sleep; No room service; The lift needs fixing; Housekeeping didn’t quite make the bed properly; You have to walk through the lobby in your gowns to get to the Spa

… All of these are relatively small annoyances I guess, but when you couple this with the amount you pay and the relatively poor food that was served, we left feeling a little unsatisfied.
We still had a nice time, but to be honest when you get a break from the kids, we would have had a nice time wherever we went, but it feels like it needs someone to focus on the detail to make it worth the amount they are charging.

Room Tip: You have to go the highest floor to get the best room or you will look over the tearraced group of f...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel here on this site, we really do appreciate the feedback. I am so sorry that there were aspects of your stay that were not up to our usual standards. I would very much like to address these issues for you personally and with this in mind I would ask that you contact me directly on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk. I hope to hear from you very soon.

Been to Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!