“Enjoyable time at Palmers Bard” 5 of 5 stars

West Gulworthy, Dartmoor National Park, Tavistock PL19 8JE, England   |
Ranked #8 of 24 Tavistock B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable time at Palmers Bard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Friendly, courteous and helpful owners/staff, Tranquil setting with a great view, nicely situated for exploring the surrounding area. Very clean, comfortable bed and a great breakfast.
The only downside is the approach driveway. It is a track with gravel on the sides, BUT the centre is now too high and there is a serious risk of scraping the underside of ones car.
I would stay there again, but would check the driveway first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed for only 1 night in this wonderful place with extremely warmhearted hosts! We cycled on our recumbent bikes from Exeter to Palmers Barn through the Dartmoor. Anne and David really did everything to make our stay as convenient for tired legs as possible! Nice and rich breakfast, wonderful view, stylish renovated. Just great!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at palmers barn for four nights recently whilst on a trip down from Scotland to visit some family. From the moment I arrived I felt very welcome, my hosts David and Anne are a lovely couple who are very eager to please their guests. The accommodation is beautiful and the surrounding equally so. I had a lovely room with en suite it was very comfortable i slept "for scotland" ! breakfast was Very good indeed. I would really recommend a stay at palmers barn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed in this refurbished pony barn for two days and found it to be a wonderful bed and breakfast and great value for money.
I would describe it as like staying in a house designed in the TV prog Grand Designs...very unique.
Our hosts were very accomodating and cooked us a wonderful vegetarian breakfast.
Highly recommended !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed with David and Anne for only one night as I was cycling Land's End to John O'Groats. What a memorable stay it was too. They are a delightfully warm couple, wonderful hosts and have an immaculately stylish, beautiful place that they obviously like to share with others. Everything from the room facilities to breakfast was over and above the standard I expected. I feel very lucky that I found and chose them on the internet. I will certainly stay with them again and recommend Palmer's Barn to my friends - nothing was too much trouble to them. This is the best B and B I have stayed in in my life!

Room Tip: No tips needed - you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights. The accommodation was superb . Breakfast both mornings was a delight with plenty of choice but with the added bonus that we were asked what time we would like breakfast which allowed us a very enjoyable lie in. Our 2 little Scottie dogs had a courtyard all to themselves and enjoyed lots of treats from Dave the owner and his lovely wife Anne.What a beautiful place ,the room was spotless and we were frequently asked if we needed anything else in the room which we thought was a lovely touch. We will definatley be back .

Room Tip: Ask for the suite, its very roomy and has a courtyard which is great if you have a dog .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed with Anne and Dave in June for 2 nights. We were greeted and welcomed like old friends and immediately offered a cup of tea.. We had a small room which was immaculately clean, with an en suite, we had free wi fi and Anne very kindly printed off some tickets we required.
The breakfast was beautifully cooked and they accommodated my vegetarian requirements. Best of all a "HOT" pot of tea. We were given good advice on where to go for an evening meal and what to see in the area..
This lovely house was a pit pony barn which Dave has done an amazing job reclaiming and renovating.
This bed and breakfast was great value and would certainly recommend.
My only complaint would be that our mattress was quite firm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Palmers Barn B&B? Share your experiences!