“Fabulous meal and great value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal and great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went to this lovely pub/ restaurant on Wednesday evening this week. Food was tasty and beautifully presented. Food lovely and hot. Received a great welcome all round and the chef came out to ask if we enjoyed our meals. Generous portions. Sadly we were on a short break so didn't get the chance to go again but wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lovely place. Thank you for an enjoyable experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sussex,England
“A very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Good Sunday evening food with Harvey's beer can be hard to find but this pub has both, plus a very pleasant bar man. Quiet on World Cup Final night but sat out in the small paved area. Steak and lamb koftas were just right. I had been told this place had changed hands and improved, I quite agree. Please do give it a go.

Visited July 2014
Berrylands
“Deserves more customers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were surprised how few people were at The Ringles Cross on a Sunday lunchtime. We were a large group and we all ate very well. My goats' cheese and pomegranate salad was very generous and great value, as were the children's halloumi salads. Chip portions were huge so we should have only ordered one. The Doom Bar and Harveys ales were very fine. We are veggie and felt well catered for but meat eaters were also happy with their steaks and roasts. I think the pub probably suffers from its location by a main road.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Lived up to recommendations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Since we moved from London 7 years ago, we had always just drove past this small pub on the edge of town. However, in the last year it has been recommended for the quality of food. So we decided to book on my Father's birthday.

Luckily we booked up for Sunday Lunch before hand(Quite a small dining area) so had the table ready prepared when we arrived. I went for the Homemade Burger which came with chunky chips, onion rings and salad. The 4 other members of our party went for Sunday Roast which came with all the usual trimmings, when they came out the portions were very generous and the food was fantastic.

We was so impressed we booked again and returned a coupe of weeks afterwards for lunch during the week. Which i am pleased to report was the same quality as the first visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Ordered the pan fried pork, my wife the steak, both meals being the most expensive on the menu just under £16. Informed by waitress that there would be a wait for our meals due to the chef being on his own. Waited just under 45 minutes for meal. Wife's steak looked good.
I'm not a big eater by any means but only had four small slices of pork on plate along with pasta and various vegetables. As soon as I took my first bite of the pork it tasted quite dry. Second bite no different. Asked my wife to taste to see if I was wrong. My wife also agreed that it was dry. Tasted another another two pieces of pork which were no different. One piece of pork which was an end piece was extremely dry. Had no juice in it whatsoever.
Attended the bar to inform them of my disappointment. My plate was taken away from our table. A minute later the same waitress returned and said stated the chef had tasted my pork and said that it was not dry. I didn't know what to say. I explained that both myself and my wife had tasted my pork and both of us agreed that it was dry. The waitress then not only reiterated what the chef had said but then went out of her way to again put me on the spot by saying that she had no other complaints all evening concerning the pork more than that saying she had had nothing but compliments for the dish. Amazingly, she looked at me wanting a reply. I said "I'm sorry but I don't know what to say. The pork I had was dry." With a disappointing expression she asked me if I wanted anything else from the menu. I'm afraid to say by this point I was not in the mood to eat anything. Quite upset in fact.
Overall though the venue was okay. My wife said her steak was lovely. I tasted a piece and agreed. Service was poor due to time waiting for meal and also poor waitressing, well not poor waitressing but how she spoke to me putting me on the spot when this should not happen.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere