We were a party of 4 and stayed in rooms 2 and 3 last Friday night. We booked room, dinner and Breakfast and ate from the Buxted menu.
Things to know about your room:
-No wifi (only in public areas)
-Very comfortable bed
-Patio door leads onto a lovely garden with your own table and chairs
-TV (With ample Freeview choice) and DVD player.
-Flexible room service
-Reasonable water pressure in shower head though bath takes some time to fill up.
-Fridge with a couple of complimentary bottles of water.
-A safe to store valuables
-There is a hair dryer (found in desk).
-Rooms 1 to 34 are away from the bar, resturant, reception thus quite.
Things to know about the bar:
-Very attentive staff
-Have a drink in the bar before dining in the restaurant to enjoy some complentary canapés.
Things to know about the restaurant:
-Make a reservation to avoid disappointment.
-Waiters are very attentive, charming and knowledgeable about their menu.
-Explore a few bottles from the diverse wine menu.
-If you are not sure what to order ask the staff for their thoughts.
-We ate very well from the £38 per head 3 course Buxted menu.
-Fantastic cheese trolley that is best enjoyed with a glass of good Port.
Things to know about your breakfast:
-Within reason; whatever you want however you want!
We will return and order the Degustation menu with wine! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were disappointed to have to check out the following morning! In summary this is a fantastic hotel where you can enjoy an indulgent and relaxing break away modern hectic life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield, England