“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

+44 (0)1825 733333
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 50 restaurants in Uckfield
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Boasting two AA Rosettes, The Dining Room at Buxted Park is quite simply the only place to dine in central Sussex. Located within easy reach of Royal Tunbridge Wells, just outside of Uckfield, The Dining Room is part of the grand 18th century Palladian Buxted Park Hotel yet offers its own special brand of uber-modern styling and creative food. Serving throughout the day, The Dining Room offers breakfast in delectable style before moving on to lunches suited to business or pleasure and dinners with a romantic, intimate flavour. Exceptionally fresh ingredients of the very highest quality are selected by The Dining Room's kitchen team,for delicious and attractively presented dishes guaranteed to excite guests. Traditional food is given a contemporary twist, thus catering for those who know exactly what they want as well as those seeking culinary inspiration. An array of carefully selected fine wines accompany the realistically priced menu.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Waiting staff were excellent. Food was very good. We were made to feel very special and very comfortable.

Visited March 2013
Jon_Owen, General Manager at The Dining Room, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your meal at Buxted Park hotel.

I will ensure your kind words are relayed to the team.

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel I look forward to welcoming you back when I can assure you of our very best attention.

74% Recommend
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent - such wonderful food and professional (and friendly) French serving staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Dining Room at Buxted Park Hotel is an experience to savour and is a cut above many other Hotels.

There is the knowledge that the staff know the order you have placed, so there are minimal interruptions. Service is surrepticious, friendly and professional, all from French staff, which increases the ambience significantly.

The food was beautifully presented, so tasty and everything on the plate really complimented each other - particularly the smoked trout starter. I would have been happy with ANY of the dishes on the menu, and it was hard to choose - even between the vegetarian and non-vegetarian menus.

The bar was a lovely cosy place to relax and sink into wonderful soft leather chairs, and was immaculate.

All in all, a wonderful dining experience I would highly recommend. It is on a par with eating at the finest London establishments - in deepest Sussex: Excellent!!

Visited March 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your meal at Buxted Park hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the team to be excellent and professional.

Our Crystal bar is very popular before and after dinner and on occasions because the sofas are so comfortable guests can be found catching up on their ZZZZ’s

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the dining room at Buxted Park Hotel

UK
“Average food, terrible ambience and ignored by overbusy staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The resturant was dark and more like a nightclub than a country house hotel. Really awful. Will never return, until it's gutted, redesigned and totally redecorated.

Visited January 2013
Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies for the impression you received from the Dining Room at Buxted Park. I am somewhat surprised to read your review as we generally receive much praise from our guests. That said all feedback is taken very seriously and I have already at length discussed this with my head chef and food and beverage manager. Both Neil and Marc have asked me to convey their sincere apologies to you on their behalf.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Buxted Park hotel maybe to enjoy tea on the terrace when the weather improves. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally so I may restore the lost faith.

stroud
“Very nice meal but not memorable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I both enjoyed our food and had a great bottle of wine, but as I can't remember what I actually ate I'm stuck for more to say, except that my husband was waxing lyrical about his meal. I'm a vegetarian and whist the food was good it obviously hasn't stuck in my mind, and I do remember feeling that, as so often, vegetarians are also assumed to be on a diet - I left still peckish!

Visited November 2012
Hove, United Kingdom
“Delicious.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Lovely ambience, The food was very tasty, I had pork which was amazing and my partner had chicken which was cooked to perfection.. Compliments to the chef... Enjoyed the whole dining expierience... Def recommend....

Visited October 2012