“Day out” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 12 Attractions in Warrington
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Gulliver's has over 35 years of experience in providing families with great value fun. Designed for children aged 2-13 years, all of our themed areas comprise thrill rides, fun rides, family rides, indoor rides, attractions, shows and play areas providing non-stop entertainment for children of all ages at all times. Our multiple award winning theme parks are open at all key holiday times, almost all weekends and many term-time dates throughout the year. We host hundreds of Children's birthday parties every year and hold loads of annual special events that include Easter, Halloween and Christmas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Good day out for kids under 11 not to pricey rides are ok for my 6 and 7 year olds you can get a taxi from warrington or 18or18a takes you near the place

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic day out for all the family, mystical mayhem triumphed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

After going to Gulliver's world last year for their fireworks spectacular and being completely let down by the bonfire show and fireworks, I was undecided about returning this year.
After looking at the website and seeing the packages for their mystical mayhem show I decided to give it another go for the 2nd of November and I am incredibly happy that I did!

Firstly the staff were fantastic and although a few rides were closed this did not dampen our
spirits as there was so much other stuff to do. Yes the park does need a new lick of paint, but this didn't affect or day. The park was constantly clean and we often saw cleaning staff emptying bins and cleaning tables.

At midday the haunted mansion changed into a spooky tale with scare actors inside, being an adrenaline junkie I took my 7 year old daughter in with me. The house itself didn't change which I thought was a shame as the actors inside put so much effort into their performance and story that my daughter and I were truly terrified walking through. I did hear a few people complaining that it was too scary, but I totally disagreed. Why go to a haunted mansion for a halloween scare attraction if your not prepared to be scared.

Later on in the day we made our way to the front of the park and got a good space to watch the fireworks. The bonfire show, a James bond inspired story starring Gully Mouse was very enjoyable and the kids loved it along with the firework display that followed.

We had paid extra when we booked online to receive a meal and a mystical mayhem show in the evening. The meal was disappointing but for the price paid you couldn't be expecting Michelin star standard. However the show that we watched was fantastic, I totally disagree with the negative reviews about it and feel the performers have been given an unfair verdict from people who wouldn't know the first thing about being in a show. I have personally paid much more money for shows that were nowhere near the standard of this one. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the magic tricks and thought the dancing was exceptional.

All in all I will definitely be returning next year after seeing the vast improvement from the year before.

I would recommend this place to anyone

Salford, United Kingdom
“Next year, I'll get fireworks from B&M instead!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We previously visited in the summer and had a great time, kids enjoyed the rides and the zingzillas were a great addition, making the entrance free slightly more acceptable.
When we returned this past weekend (November 2nd), were were promised an unmissable, magical spectacular, but what we got was a huge disappointment. From our past experience, we knew the entrance fee was overpriced and the food was below average, but we thought my kids and I deserved a treat to see a big fireworks display, a show and a fun day out ... we would have more fun watching 'The Walking Dead', as I've never seen so many people painfully die on stage before, more on that later.
To start with, me, the wife and the kids went on as many rides that were open, we arrived fairly late in the afternoon so the better rides were closing by the time we got to them, which is no fault of theirs. Throughout the afternoon, we were greeted by staff STILL wearing Halloween costumes, trying hard to remain scary whilst clearly freezing to death. A member of staff directed us to the scary woodland walk, which was not so much of a walk, more like a swift stroll down a dangerously muddy path, it was short and sweet, and at one point I sneezed loudly and made a staff member jump, not to mention simply walking past the last actor, who must have had the mask back to front as he/she didn't see a family of 4 walk past.
We moved to the embankment to see the fireworks, we were treated to a boring monotone lecture given by 'Gary Mouse' which disappointed my children, as they had great fun dancing only moments before. We were then subjected to a James Bond inspired show, which was good, the only bad point being the fireworks continued to explode during a girl's singing, whether this was for the best, we'll never know. The fireworks themselves were great, not the best display i've seen, but a good effort.
Then it went downhill. We'd paid extra for a ticket to a 'Magical Mystickal Show' with promises of a hot meal for us and the kids. What we got was stale chicken burgers, flimsy chicken dinosaurs, melted eclairs and a show which seemed like it was performed by The North West's Left Foot Society, as I've seen people shifting wardrobes with more grace. My kid's enjoyed the magic tricks, but we felt the dancing and provocative outfits, weren't child friendly, or wife friendly for that matter. The end featured 2 girls, one dressed as a fairy, singing an awful duet, how this passed the bar escapes me, but it provided a handy time slot to go to the toilet.

Overall, disappointing experience for a somewhat over-hyped event, that just provided another opportunity to bleed people's wallets dry. Whoever is in charge should invest more money into the look of the place and the quality of staff.

Preston, United Kingdom
“firework spectacular wash out, mystical mayhem comedy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

well where do i start.
paid nearly 100 pounds for 5 of us to go to Gullivers world on Saturday 2nd nov for the fireworks and mystical mayhem show.
arrived to be told that due to technical difficulties the one and only roller-coaster that is any good was not running....this turned out to be a LIE there was no technical difficulties it was the fact that they were setting the fireworks off from the middle of the track some 7 hours later and the firework technicians were working within the track area..........that was just the start.
several other rides were either not open at all or were sharing staff with neighbouring rides so you had to wait and wait and wait :p
then there was the food hmmmmmmmm what can i say the staff couldn't do enough to be nice and apologise for the slop they was serving the issue was the oil is hardly ever changed you can smell it as soon as you walk in. the chips were ok but the fish and fish fingers were an awful colour(i have to admit they actually tasted ok) but with what you pay for entry and then 5.20 for a frozen fish portion and a few chips you should be able to expect the oil to be changed now and then surely?
ok so by now some might be thinking what a moaning get he is ........... :0)
soo the mystical mayhem show ha ha ha what a farce about 300 of us crammed into a tent to watch the show we had paid extra for and to recieve our meal we also paid extra for ...........kids meal 1 chicken teddy and a few chips ( a meal that is not) adults meal a luke warm chicken (if it was realy chicken) burger on a dry bun and a few chips. as for the mystical mayhem show wow all i can say is it must be a local dance club trying to make a name for themselves because i have seen better in my childrens school plays and im not joking.
then we have the firework spectacular........the one they was setting off from inside the main ride that was closed all day....... the fireworks that you could see better from the car park due to all the trees in the way from the designated viewing point.....the fact that everyone was leaving and the gate staff were sheepishly saying goodbye said it all even the staff were embarresed at the spectacular display that was soooo thrilling people that had paid 100 pounds for a family ticket were leaving............but then Gullivers already had everyone's money in the bank so why should they care.
that's my review of Saturday now a general point, Gullivers Warrington is dirty and dated it hasn't changed much in the 20 years we have been going except for getting dirtier and more run down each time we visit. someone somewhere is making lots of money and putting none back into the park. this was our last visit to gullivers.
to balance this review i would like to say every single member of staff working on Saturday were great and went out of their way to make the kids smile i wish i could give them all a pay rise they deserve it

wigan
41 attraction reviews
“Great little theme park for kids/younger children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Would definitely recommend signing up to their news letter as I got tickets for £10 each which was really good.
We booked to go today which was the rainiest day of half term but went along anyway. Due to this the park was very quiet and a couple of rides were closed.
We had such a laugh, did not wait for any ride and had a great day.
The rides are brilliant for kids between 2-7/8. They are build so that adults can actually fit on them too with the kids which makes a change!
Staff are lovely and extremely helpful. There are lots of food outlets and places to sit and eat your own, prices are reasonable too.
We have been a few times before (Christmas, bonfire night, odd occasion), its does get busy but the queues are never too long,. There are free little shows on during the day which are usually good and characters walk around the place for the kids to have their pictures taken.
Christmas is really good with the Santa train, pressie etc. Quite magical. The fireworks at bonfire night are fantastic and are the best we have seen.

Due to the rain we took our sons swimming clothes/towel with us and went in the splash zone after the park (2 hours), it is brilliant for the kids, lots of safe water play without a swimming pool. Water spray, chutes, splash areas. Food in here is good, freshly made and reasonably priced too.