“Business trip to Warrington” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Fir Grove Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Knutsford Old Road, Warrington WA4 2LD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Warrington
Warsash, null, United Kingdom
“Business trip to Warrington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Overnight stop whilst attending a meeting in Warrington.
Reasonable Food. Drinks in the bar limited to Lager, Stout and Wine. No Bitter on draught or bottled.
Ground floor room not too noisy.
Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mike H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fir Grove Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.
I was surprised to read your comments about the beverage service as we have Tetleys on draught and a large number of bottled lagers, since your review we have extended our bottled range to include some additional bottled beers such as London Pride & Greene King.
Once again thank you for your much appreciated feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Warrington, Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We held our wedding ceremony, breakfast and reception here in August 2013 and stayed over for 2 nights. After visiting many (and I mean many!) venues, we set our heart on the Fir Grove and I can honestly say I don't have one single imrpovement that I coudl suggest. If I could hold our wedding again, it would be here, exactly as it was!!

The staff are simply fantastic and can't do enough for you. I'm a bit of a manic perfectionist so the planning meetings really helped (and the staff were so patient and helpful) - they gave us so much confidence that we'd made the right decision, months before our big day. John (Knowles) was amazing - as too were Jess and all the other staff - too many to mention (and I wish I could remember the name of the blonde lady who was there for us at our tasting session and also throughout our day!).

We were so lucky to be able to have our ceremony outside - followed by a drinks reception and then the wedding breakfast in their amazing room. Our evening went without any problems too - I wish I could share all our photos with you but Tripadviser wouldn't be happy at the amount of space I'd take up.

The rooms we had were without fault - modern, comfortable and quiet, with everything you could need.

The food (and its presentation) is also out of this world - the chef even made an appearance during our meal, which was a lovely touch!!

If only you could bottle feelings and happiness and sell it on - this hotel would make a fortune - they played a huge part in making our day and evening so special.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this venue to anybody - and can't wait for our first anniversary so we can go back and re-live a little bit of the most precious day of our lives.

Thanks so much for everything (especially John) - you simply are the best!!!!

Annette & Gareth Brandwood

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Annette & Gareth
What can i say? It was an absolute pleasure for the team to host your special day, and to receive such feedback really does make it all worthwhile!
Many thanks and we hope to see you again soon.
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Attended for a wedding, welcomed by a friendly receptionist, directed to our room (family room), the room was large, well presented and clean to the highest of standards, not one watermark to be seen in the bathroom!
Gorgeous venue and food was lovely.
To top it off, the blackout curtains and overly comfy bed had me sleeping in till 9am which I haven't done in years!!!! Almost caused me to miss the ever so tasty full English breakfast.
No complaints what so ever.
Excellent hotel!
Would DEFO recommend to a friend

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Emmaj
Thank you for your recent review. We do train the team to deliver a great service and it is superb to read how much you enjoyed your stay.
Many thanks
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

After a recent flash in the pan stay over a few weeks ago, it was nice to enjoy a proper nights accommodation and take in the surroundings a little bit more and enjoy what I missed out on last visit beer and food. A warm welcome from Emma and made check in a breeze and quickly within my room which was strange as it was directly opposite my last room and what a difference between corridors. I assume this was the finished modified upgraded room as my last one was work in progress. From entering I was pleasantly surprised and happy.. but then things started to fall apart as soon as I put my bag on the floor and looked around ... including the art on the wall ? Vandalised .. Pulled apart why ? Panicking already if I was going to get billed for that .. should have been addressed on room valet. Nice welcome pack and good tv and iPod dock type radio or iPhone charger and easy connect no hassle wifi. To wind down I thought I would have a relaxing hot bath and that was scuppered as the plug didn't have sealing o ring so a shower it was to be but that was to repair tighten up as it spewed water everywhere other than it should ... But quickly sorted but it was a fixed head to the wall so none adjustable if your tall but you just have to adjust... Bathroom was clean and modern as you would expect after a refurb and a nice touch is the towel heater which helps if you want to be green and recycle your towels for next day.. But I think mine where already on the second life as they really smelt musky or stale.. Not the nice smell you want to sink your face in after a hot shower .. Oh well what can you do ? Get dressed and head to the bar for refreshments .... and check out the food menu
A fair selection of ale on tap and was going to sit in the restaurant for a meal .. But there was some clarty birthday celebration going on and decided just to stay at the bar area and enjoy a quiet meal ... Easy ordering and prompt service. Young waiter was on the ball with my food and my gammon steak looked very nice and presented well and didn't need to ask for a steak knife as waiter upgraded my cutlery in advance ... And very nice it was ... no follow up by staff if everything was ok and my finished plate was left on my table till I left and wasn't even approached for a pudding etc ... Think young waitress was still on holiday mode as some customers she served where not impressed ... Anyway early to bed
Bed ok but I only had two pillows on a double bed and I needed them both for support, no others hidden in wardrobe or options which you find in other hotels... So may need to phone reception if you need more if our with a partner ?
Fair nights sleep think the beer helped ... Onto breakfast and probably the worst breakfast I have had .. Why I don't know as last visit I really enjoyed it ... Think it started with warm milk on my cereal, really poor coffee , terrible fried breakfast don't know if was just too long under the lamps or the string in the sausage tough bacon watery beans tasteless mushrooms ... Very lightly coloured toast .. I think other best western hotels whom ask you if you want toast to order have got it right as those rotary machines are a waste of time and money and don't give the end user what they want .. Proper toast !!!
And to finish it all off I was sitting within last nights fiftieth birthday party celebrations streamers decals and think I could say what they had to eat as well ... Nobody able to operate a Hoover to clean up ?
Thankfully check out was as easy as check in and had a belly full of bad breakfast to start my day ...... Brilliant

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mike H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fir Grove Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Many thanks for your very comprehensive review. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed dinner and thank you for the specific comments about Emma, i have passed this on to her!
We have discussed the remained of your review and will use this as a training tool in the coming weeks. It was a surprise to read your negative comments about breakfast as this is usually highly scored across all comment sites. I will ensure we monitor the quality more closely. Once again many thanks
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for two days and overall experience was good. The staff were friendly and helpful ( except for one bar staff who seemed a bit grumpy). We had lunch at the bar and had to wait for about 10 minutes to be served, but the food was very tasty and same goes about the breakfast, there was plenty to choose from and it was lovely.
The room we stayed in was quite small and dated and really needs a good update, specially the bathroom because it looked dirty ( although I'm sure it was clean). And the shower needs changing, the water pressure wasn't very good.
We were happy with the stay, despite the dated room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review, i am delighted that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. I was surprised to read you found the barman grumpy as usually the staff are praised very highly. I have passed this feedback onto the team. I am delighted that you found both breakfast and dinner so enjoyable too. We hope to welcome you back again.
Monaghan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

we spent 2 days here for a wedding ,the staff were friendly and courteous .The bed was comfortable the room was clean and spacious even with the extra bed. The bathroom though would need to be modernized with a walk in shower as I have problems getting into a bath.
The food was brilliant, breakfast was plentiful and even though you had to book a table for dinner we were accommodated as we didn't book.
The wedding area was outside and was fantastic a beautiful place for a wedding and as for the room the reception was held in was decorated beautifully chairs were covered and sashes the colour of the bridesmaids dresses,again the food was excellent and plentiful .
I would stay again in this hotel if I was over and would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We were all delighted to read your wonderful feedback.
We hope to see you again soon
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I went with My Husband and some friends for a 75th Birthday Meal on the 9th August 2013. The meal was first class. I had a Starter main course and desert . The staff were very friendly. I am sorry but i did not use any of the facilities available in the hotel so i am unable to comment on those, but if they are as nice as they look on the website then i am sure they are very nice.

Room Tip: I am sorry if my review is not as good as some people but i did not stay over night so i could not c...