“KGB deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Warrington

You added Village Urban Resort Warrington to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Warrington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centre Park | Warrington, Warrington WA1 1QA, England (Formerly De Vere Village Hotel Warrington)   |
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Warrington
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“KGB deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had booked this offer and to be honest nearly forgot about it.
After reading the reviews I nearly did not book and waste the money however I am glad I did not.
The room was ok , it was very dark and the sink did not empty but otherwise good.
I went for a swim and friendly staff , I wonder why village chain make guest get out of the jacuzzi when the bubbles go off though ? Virgin active have never done this ?
The meal was good and wine nice.
The drinks were expensive .
The breakfast the next day was excellent .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Booked this last min on a kgb deal. We upgraded to the upper deck for an extra £20 a night. . The room was nothing special and there was hardly anywhere to store clothes. Unfortunately they didn't tell us we would be directly above the smokers terrace. The shouting swearing and arguing went on til the early hours and we had to complain as it was impossible to sleep
we booked this hotel due to the pool and we weren't disappointed with the leisure facilities the staff were very helpful and leant a pound for the locker.
We would recommend the food in vinny and vitos for an evening meal.
If you are travelling with children ask for a room well away from the terrace.
Not bad but unlikely to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ensure you are well away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Warrington, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear pam m

Thank you for choosing the Village Urban Resort Warrington as your preferred hotel during your recent visit and thank you for your feedback

I am sorry that your experinece was not as we would have intended and I was unaware of any issues with your stay. I am keen to speak to you in relation to this and please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel at any stage.

V Best Regards

Donn Timmons
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

After working all through the half term week we decided to take our daughter to Gullivers world before she returned to school. We had planned on another property for a night, which was cheaper and closer to the park. Im so glad we opted against it now!

We had a superb deal of 2 nights b&b (Fri &sat) around £130. This included the use of the pool/gym etc. Which we made the most of and enjoyed how clean and well maintained the surroundings were.

The big selling point for this property is the staff. Having read some of the other reviews i think they must be writing about a different hotel! The staff from the moment we arrived, to the moment we checked out were amazing. Especially the lovely lady who greeted us for breakfast every morning. It's been pointed out in some reviews that there is a delay to be seated some mornings. But she made up for this delay and not once did she show that she was rushed off her feet. A credit to the hotel! There were 3 different people on reception during our entire stay...all of whom could not do enough for us.

I have to say the rooms..although very nice and great felicities, hairdryer/iron etc (love the shower) It was a bit dusty, we could see so much dust when the blinds were opened and i think this could well be a concern for an asthmatic...However we did not complain about this, I'm sure if we had they would of moved us without question. Our room was cleaned and replenished during our stay.

Im still here now writing this review and the staff have even gone out of the way to speak to me..Even though we have checked out already.

For the price of £60 per night you can expect the service of a £200 a night hotel.

Thank you so much to all the staff and i'm sure we will be returning if we are in the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We usually stay at the Penta which we love for the bar and breakfast but I liked the idea of a pool and sauna. The first time we stayed was a Sunday with a big wedding crowd entering before us which made my heart sink. I went for a swim after 7 when kids aren't allowed in and was really pleased with how warm it was. They also kept checking the water which was reassuring. I also had a waxing on this visit and the lady who did it was brilliant. We didn't have breakfast but were allowed to have a late check out at 12 which was great. The room was better than the Penta's and was comfortable with a decent enough bed. The shower was good and strong but bring toiletries.
The next time we stayed, a few days later, I paid more for a deluxe room. This was bigger but actually the extra space was pretty useless. There was only one set of towels but they quickly brought some up. We ate in the pub which was absolutely fine. Breakfast however isn't a patch on what the Penta offers. I'm mixed with my feelings. I like the pool area but I'm not sure the price matches what they have on offer. All I all a good stay with helpful staff but should offer better deals.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife & I stayed here using a dinner, bed and breakfast deal.

It's a decent hotel in the centre of Warrington near to the Mersey.

In common with all Village hotels, the décor throughout the hotel is very dark and in place the mahogany finishes make it look quite old fashioned. The rooms are comfortable, the beds are wonderful and we both had a good nights sleep.

All staff go out of their way to help you, even maintenance. The bathroom sink was blocked by one of those all-in-one plugs which would not open to allow water to drain away. They were so apologetic! A minor detail like this didn't spoil our enjoyment of the room.

Dinner was average. I didn't like one of the dishes. this was more about me being fussy than bad food. Again the staff went out of their way to accommodate me. The starter was OK but the Eton Mess dessert didn't look or taste like any Eton Mess that I've ever had. Breakfast the following morning was excellent though, with plenty of freshly cooked choices.

The drinks are very expensive but in line with other hotels. £12 for two single measures of Vodka with mixers.

My wife used the leisure club for a swim and said it was OK, but nothing special.

All in all like most Village hotels Village Warrington is a decent mid-range hotel; the staff really do stand out!

The deal with our voucher made for excellent value but it would not have been worth fullthe price.

Room Tip: The upgrades to Upper Deck rooms are not worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I had a big birthday and the family got a 3 day spa break for me and my friend When we arrived we booked in and the staff were very helpful and told us everything that we needed to know. Our twin room was very nicely decorated and very clean. The bathroom was very modern and clean with a great shower and the mirror was heated so stayed clear of steam.The only minus was that the windows only opened a little bit but on the up side, the air conditioning worked very well. One of the beds, which was very comfortable, was a pillow short so when we went down to go out we asked for an extra pillow had arrived by the time we came back. We had booked our time for dinner which was included in the deal, and it was very good.
The next day we went down to a buffet style 'help yourself' breakfast which was the best breakfast that I have ever had in a hotel.There was a choice of everything you could ever want for breakfast and was always hot and well stocked up right up to when breakfast was nearing the end.
The next day we went to the spa for our 2 pre-booked treatments. The staff in the spa were smartly dressed and helpful The treatments were lovely followed by a dip in the pool and a few sessions in the Jacuzzi !
The following night we went down and was told that there was a 2 hour wait for the restaurant, which we were expecting as it was a Friday night and we were told it did get busy so we went to the 'In hotel' pub which had a great atmosphere and the food and service was great and the staff were very attentive
For a special treat this hotel and spa was just the job and I would recommend it to anyone in need of some 'Chill out' time or just need somewhere to lay your head in between appointments this is the place and I will be going back again when I need a well earned break!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Warrington, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Happy Travellers5,

Thank you for taking the time to offer me your feedback.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Until then - a v happy birthday from all of us

V best regards

Donn Timmons
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Got a deal from Wowcher for Dinner Bed & Breakfast.

The deal itself was good value although the evening meal was a carvery and waa just average.

We booked in for early afternoon on the Friday and had lunch. Wow I have no problem paying a little more for good food but Fish & Chips very expensive when coupled with a Pint for my Partner and a still water for me. If I had realised I would have stopped off at the Stretton Fox a junction earlier where I have met friends for tea many times before.

Used the pool and facilities later on the Friday afternoon and it was chocka. More like a trip to Rhyl Suncentre than a relaxing Spa type environment. However we had paid for a late checkout and used the facilities again after breakfast and it was a different place. So in summary dont go on a Friday.

Breakfast on Saturday was top class and great value in the deal. The staff on shift on the Saturday morning were lovely also.

There is a coffee shop on site which is a great idea (I am a coffee head) but again this was heaving on both Friday and Saturday so we gave it a miss. Perhaps if it is so popular the hotel should consider expanding the area by using some of the reception dead space.

Rest of hotel is as you would expect. If you can get a deal and dont mind it being busy then worth a break (but have lunch before you get there)!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Warrington, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Lorraine2836

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Using the freshest ingredients and prepared to order, we consistently look to offer great value for money and review our offerings on a regular basis.

I am sorry that you found our pool a little busy during your stay, its a popular place with great facilities, however we do offer adult only swim times when one can be assured of a quieter experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Village Urban Resort Warrington? Share your experiences!