“ok for the money paid for getaway deal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Warrington

Save Saved
You added Village Urban Resort Warrington to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Warrington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centre Park, Warrington WA1 1QA, England (Formerly De Vere Village Hotel Warrington)   |
Ranked #14 of 20 hotels in Warrington
London, United Kingdom
“ok for the money paid for getaway deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

returned to this hotel,after thinking our last review was a little harsh.how wrong were we.firstlyhad to move rooms as heating ha hah,was not working ,,,as per room we were then given,still v cold throughout stay 3 night easter special.now for the list of problems encompassed during our stay.restaurant ran out of spare ribs d caf coffee,and may be a hoover and cleaning cloths as it was very unclean,food on the floor etc.our room also did not get the loving care needed,bathroom floor stained as per shower door,again must be a shortage of hoovers throughout the hotel as floor never got cleaned.holes in towels,no toiletries soap dispenser empty and shortage of toilet paper had to ask.have now convinced ourselves that this hotel caters for girly nights,stag nights,and outside fitness centre members.gave it our best shot but will DEFINATELY not return,no matter how cheap the offers are.

Room Tip: do not look for a quiet get a way
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Warrington, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Bomarie,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Village Urban Resort Warrington.

I was sorry to hear that your visit did not meet your expectations. Having joined the hotel this month your feedback is invaluable to me in moving the hotel forward and would like to dicsuss your stay in more detail. You can reach me at the hotel or send me a note with your contact details and I will be in touch shortly.

The service that we offer should by no means reflected by if you are fortunate enough to get one of great promotional rates.

I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

V Best reagrds

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Gateshead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Me, my wife and young son stayed for three nights on the Easter getaway deal (£147). The first room we were given was beside the extractor fans and very noisey. I complained and was upgraded to a superior room, which seemed fine although very dark due to the small window and dark decor. The problems started when next door wanted to watch TV/have a conversation! We could hear every word! At one point we could even hear them stirring their tea!
We made use of the pool, which our son loved. The changing rooms seem reasonably clean but are absolutely freezing. The breakfast was great with plenty of choice. The hotel is on a business park so is surrounded by offices, which isn't a problem but the bar does get busy around 5pm with workers having a quick pint or two before they go home. We did venture out for a walk looking for a play park, which I wouldn't recommend as the local area that we encountered was rather run down.
We found that the food in the Victory pub is tasty but very expensive (burger £11.95), luckily we were given a voucher booklet on arrival with meal/drink deals which kept the cost down.
All the staff were helpful but we did have a gentleman try to get into our room as he said he had been allocated our room while we were still in it!
So if you are staying here then make sure you pack your earplugs for when you are in your room, jumper for when you get out of the pool and your stretchy waisted trousers for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jon F,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Village Hotel Warrington.

As a guest focused hotel and being newley appointed, I will take your feedback whilst forming our new enhanced plan for guest service delivery.

My team and I will only be satisfied when every guest leaves the hotel feeling that we have exceeded expectations and delivered excellent value for money.

I value your feedback and should you wish to offer anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

V Best regards

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Village Warrington is modern, clean but very overpriced and lacking character. I stayed here for a number of weeks on business in the area, and found that while it met our needs (location, facilities, wifi, gym), it was very expensive, taking advantage of business travellers and the lack of alternatives in the area by charging high rates. Similarly, the restaurant, although fine in quality (as expected from a chain hotel restuarant) was very expensive and lacking variety (especially, if, like us, you were staying for a number of weeks).

Room Tip: Be careful of rooms next to the squash court; I was very confused as to what the repetitive banging...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Urban Resort Warrington, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear OctaviaN998

Thank you for taking the time to review the Village Urban Resort Warrington.

I have joined the hotel this week and would value the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail.

We are committed to delivering each of our guests with a great experience and value for money.

You can contact me at the hotel on 08712224612 of should you wish to send me your details to Donn.Timmons@Village-Hotels I will get in touch with.

I hope to persoanlly welcome you to the hotel in the near future.

V Best Regards

General manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions but it has gone down hill. Food in verve was worst we have ever had and service very slow. Ate in victory pub second night and not much better. Staff worked hard but very understaffed. If this was our first visit would definitely not go back or recommend but because we have stayed in many of their hotels would try again and hope that standards go back to what we would have expected

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear She D

Thank you for taking the time to review the Village Urban Resort Warrington.

I have joined the hotel this week and am keen to ensure that we are the number one hotel in th region delivering great experiences and value for money for all of our guests.

I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations on this occassion and would value to opportunity to discuss your recent expereince.

If you wish to send me your details to Donn.Timmons@Village-Hotels.com I will be in touch. alternatively you can reach me at the hotel on 0871 2224612.

I hope to personally welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

V Best regards

Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for an engagement party and 'Take That' tribute night. The accommodation in an upgraded room was really lovely and comfortable, very relaxing atmosphere. The tribute night was entertaining, but the food was appalling and a lot of it was inedible, microwaved rubbish. The staff did work hard though! Breakfast the next morning was very nice, self service as long as you went early, later on there wasn't much left. The Village hotel has he potential of being a really good hotel, but always seems to fall short on some points. I believe they really need to listen more to their customers comments and act on them.

Room Tip: Always upgrade if possible!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Widnes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you decide to use the pool facilities think again.
Dirty - and does not smell so good.
Steam room was sickening -- hot tub was cold and generally its not clean.

Rooms OK and the restaurant menu has been changed so thats somewhat rubbish to previous menus.

If you can get a cheap deal its worth it but i think the Warrington venue is trying to reduce its standards to be the same as Whiston venue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As myself and my trusty test team travel europe we like to stay obviously in nice hotels.
The Village Hotel Warrington is indeed one of these nice hotels.
When I first walked over for a look around (as we were staying opposite at the Premier Inn) it impressed straight away.
The out side gave an appearance and feel of a great Hotel and gave a taste of what was inside.
The receptionist was understanding of my plight to get my self and my team from staying "over the road" to staying in luxury and style.
She passed on my name and number to the Manageress who quickly contacted by phone, sorted out all the rooms, dates of arrivals and departures and gave us a great deal.
As we stayed there for over a week we all made use of the amazing Spa.
The pool was always inviting after a stressful day and some of us even went for an early morning session before breakfast.
The steam room and sauna both were enjoyable as was the jacuzzi.
I ate one night in the sports bar (as my favorite footy team were on one of the large screens there.They lost).
I had a nice steak n chips ashed down with a few pints.
The rooms are very nice/warm comfy beds. All with free wifi.
Also all had great bath/shower rooms.
As we sometimes travel using our fleet of large vans parking is sometimes an issue, but not here as parking went all around the massive hotel.
If you got to stay in Warrington try here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Village Urban Resort Warrington? Share your experiences!