“Worst hotel I have evr stayed in by far !!!! Never go there !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Warrington

You added Village Urban Resort Warrington to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Warrington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centre Park | Warrington, Warrington WA1 1QA, England (Formerly De Vere Village Hotel Warrington)   |
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Warrington
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Worst hotel I have evr stayed in by far !!!! Never go there !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Worst hotel i have ever stayed in ! I would not recommend having your dog to stay here. You are spoken to with absolute disdain by staff members, the organisation of every aspect of our stay was shambolic. I had booked this for our wedding night and i bitterly regret that i will only have terrible memories of that evening. My husband checked in early because our wedding service was at 3pm . He asked the staff to take our luggage to our superior suite for when we arrived and to lay rose petals in the room as a surprise for me . Our clothes weren't even brought to the room , which had also been downgraded without us being informed because they had over booked, and forget the petals! Too much like hard work for the rude obnoxious staff to bother with ! I had to phone reception the following morning because i had only my wedding dress to wear for breakfast ! And breakfast , ha , I find it hard to believe than any of the management team have been in a hotel before , the chaos was unbelievable. We waited to be seated in the buffet style restaurant. The table was not made up but the manager told us to go and get our food and it would be set up by the time we got back . It was set up , complete with another family in our place ! so we had to stand clutching our plates of food while we chased the staff round to find another table . The manager then found us a dirty table and said "will this do" , i said "i suppose so" ! he then grabbed two sets of cutlery and placed them on the filthy table. I said " i think you had better clean it first " he said "oh yeah ...". He then dusted filthy table with a dry hanky and threw beans all over the chair where he expected me to sit. There was problem after problem and i got tired of complaining . The staff i spoke to were rude , and acted like they hated being there . I expect decent customer service in a hotel of this caliber but as twenty quid b&b would put this dirty decrepit place to shame .One final note the room was small, stuffy, overlooking the car park at the back with a broken window handle, probably from a prior customers escape attempt. I will never return !

Disliked: Rooms, Service, Location, Value, Food

Room Tip: Book another hotel ! Seriously !
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My sister had her wedding here in August 2011. On the way to the hotel we had a disaster with the cake, where it basically collapsed. After arriving in floods of tears the duty manager took control, involved the chef, who rescued the cake. The event was perfect, food was delicious, we were very very well looked after. The staff took a personal interest and nothing was too much trouble. They were organised, in control, composed, professional and friendly. It's so nice to write a positive review. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here for one night only, purely as a half way point on route to Scotland. I was pleasantly surprised we paid £40 for a room for the night. I have to say the rooms, are very clean, modern, great bathroom, comfy bed, Plasma TV, I thought it was a lovely room. I have paid far more in other places and they have not been even half the standard of the rooms here. We did eat in the Verve restaurant which I have to say the service is very slow and we asked four times for a jug of water and also ketchup and never got it. We had to repeat ourselves several times thoughout the meal. The food wasn't that great so don't expect to be wowed. All in all a perfectly decent place to stay, we didnt use the spa, but it looked nice! The rooms were fab for a night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed for one night after spending the day in Gullivers World. On appearences the hotel looks nice and the leisure facilities were good with friendly and efficient staff. The room we were given was well presented, spacious and the beds were comfy. The rooms were quite dark and gloomy and so all lights needed to be on all the time.
My advice if you are planning to stay with young children is to 1, check what weddings / parties / theme nights are going on in the hotel on the nights you are staying (this will become clear in a minute) 2, ensure that you are not given a room near the lift OR the vending machine.

We hardly got any sleep during our stay due to the constant use of the vending machine around the corner from the room from 2am - 5.30am by other hotel residents returning from a night out after a vino or 15 looking for late night munchies! There was a very loud couple across the corridor who had also had a great night by the sound of things and enjoyed shouting and swearing loudly whilst banging doors at 4am for some reason.The hotel clearly holds a lot of weddings however it also seems to attract the type of parents who leave their children unattended in their rooms while they are downstairs enjoying themselves. On the night of our stay a small child (4yrs old) started crying and screaming for his mum as he had been left alone and had managed to get out of his room and wander the corridors alone. It does not bear thinking about how badly wrong that could have gone! Thankfully another long suffering family next door managed to contact reception to get the mother to come upstairs and look after her child.

The above issues are clearly not the hotel's fault as they cannot be responsible for inconsiderate / irresponsible guests however it does again highlight the type of people staying there and illustrates why you should ask carefully about where your room will be located!

The breakfast was adequate. Improvements that could be made would be to ensure the coffee is served hot rather than warm and that the crockery is clean. Minor issues I suppose however after not much sleep it started to grate a little!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are planning on doing any sleeping.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011 via mobile

on the face of it a decent enough hotel, the exec rooms here are very large and the bed exceptionally comfortable, but its all false. You turn on the tv to find no radio and for the tv itself the oicture and sound very cheap. This is where a theme starts, you spot the chips in the inbuilt furniture, the rain head shower promises much but delivers naff all. The food reads well (ok a common fault of all Village hotels ive stayed at) is dire. Finally you wonder whats keeping the roof up for its certainly not the walls, these are clearly made from paper. I spent everynight sandwiched between both neighbours tv listening

• Stayed August 2011
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We managed to get a last minute deal after leaving the nearby Daresbury Park in disgust, It was very nice. The room was clean and tidy and the gym and pool/spa were first class. The staff were friendly and polite.

There is a restaurant and pub attached to the hotel. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was good, but my main course (the salmon pasta dish) was rather bland. This was the recipe's fault rather than the chef's. When we complained, they were happy to knock the cost off the bill. The pub food was more straight-forward and good value for money. The draught beer is a bit pricey though.

Breakfast was average, but it seems to me that there are very few hotels who do a nice breakfast these days.

Overall though, we really enjoyed our stay and would happily stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at the Village hotel for one night on business. First time in a Village hotel - my usual preference is for another chain which doesn't have a hotel nearby. Quite a queue at check in, maybe seven in front of me but I was in my room less than 10 minutes after arriving, very efficient process. Nice room although the lighting was a little low for my taste, very comfortable, great service from desk staff and duty manager when there was a minor issue with the room electrics (reported and fixed in under 5 minutes). My benchmark is how good the shower is, this one was excellent. Good choice for breakfast and checkout was swift, efficient and friendly. The Village chain is now my second preferred option when the first one isn't available. If there were more of them (especially in Scotland) they might be first choice as they are cheaper.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Village Urban Resort Warrington? Share your experiences!