“Very friendly, quality hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Warrington

You added Holiday Inn Warrington to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Warrington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Woolston Grange Avenue | Woolston, Warrington WA1 4PX, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Warrington
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly, quality hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Staff professional and very friendly.
Clean and functional rooms

Great food in restaurant. Nice to see the local menu. Option.

Free WiFi (may be limited)

Had a good night sleep!

Perfect for a quick stopover

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Naigle,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Paul Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, staff very friendly. Bed very comfortable. Bar small and open plan so not very cosy. Just two sachets of coffee in room. Plenty of plug sockets in room. Excellent controllable heating. Bright large bathroom. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear jimmyb01,

Thank you for letting us know you had a great stay. I am really pleased to read that you found our team friendly.

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to break a journey up to Scotland. It's very handy for the motorway. Easy off and easy on.
Very friendly staff in reception and the dining room.
Arrived late so went straight to bed so can't comment on dinner. But breakfast was plentiful (buffet style), lots of choice and very tasty.
The room was spacious enough and all the usual HI facilities in the room.
Only gripe would be the outrageous charge for wifi. On the return journey I stayed at the HI at Scotch Corner and the wifi there is free.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Allan08,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

We are now providing Wifi complimentary to our IHG Rewards Elite members and for all other IHG Rewards members from 2014. It is well worth joining this free loyalty scheme if you are not a member already.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Well recommended hotel.
Very welcoming and friendly staff which were very helpful.
Steak and chips very nice cut of meat - go for the locally sourced steak.
Range of drinks was a little limited on draught, but there were a few nice bottled beers in the fridge.
Ask for the house red wine if you're partial to a glass - it's a fruity medium bodied wine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear DanGilders,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Booked my usual room, my booking was cancelled. No reason given no one knew anything,. We travelled 200 miles to be turned away. I did attempt to write a review before but for whatever reason I didnt submit it. I dont think badly of the hotel but if I had done something wrong or something they should have infoemed me not let me travel 200 miles up the country from London and leave us stranded. I thought I was a loyal customr but how can I give that a good review? I'm sorry this hotel let me down. 2 nights booked 2 nights cancelled. We stayed in another hotel instead. A real shame.NO compensation offered. Ive always given 5 star reviews so this actually hurts to see somewhere I go to so often fail me so badly. Everything was as it should be clean, good food (we arived early so ate befoe any checking in) staff were friendly. We just never got checked in. Again a real shame

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear elixier22,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your concern. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

On the 15th November I had a charity event held here for 90 ladies! We also had a lot of ladies who booked rooms. The service we received was was excellent. So many of my guests have said how friendly the staff were. Andrew Lauren and Lauren were names mentioned who went the extra mile. So once again big thank you to holiday inn Warrington you have a team to be proud of. Ciarans cause .

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ciaranscause,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted that the charity event you held for Ciarans Cause went well and that the service was excellent. In particular I was pleased to read that Andrew, Lauren Bush and Lauren Shorter offered a great service, I will ensure they are recognised for this.

Once again, thank you for the great feedback.

West Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed over on a Saturday night after returning from the USA and a 51 day trip using Holiday Inns most of the time and what a culture shock coming back to the UK where acknowledge of Platinum IHG Membership is virtually lip service, not like the USA where upgrades are 99% of the time automatic and the apprection of IHG Rewards Members is second to none. I asked if an upgrade was available, but was told they had lots of familys in so unfortunately not ( familys stay once a year many IHG members stay 60 nights a year but that seems to count for nothing in UK). We were given a room at the end of a corridor with a supposed upgraded bathroom. Did not use restaurant at all so can comment on the staff or food. Price was right as booked in advance is the only positive thing about my stay. Perhaps I have been spoilt in the USA!!.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yorkie1948,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies for your IHG Reward member experience with us. If you could email me on paul.ellison@ihg.com with the details of your stay, as I am keen to resolve what went wrong.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Paul Ellison

Been to Holiday Inn Warrington? Share your experiences!