“2 Super Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Warrington

You added Holiday Inn Warrington to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Warrington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Woolston Grange Avenue | Woolston, Warrington WA1 4PX, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Warrington
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“2 Super Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 nights at this hotel.
The Receptionist, Christine, was courteous, helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
5 Stars for her.
The room was clean and comfortable.
The restaurant dinner on the first night was beginning to let it down as the order was mixed up and missing dishes.
Then up springs a waitress called Pam who rescued the whole event. Nothing was too much trouble for that girl. She was amazing and she shone through again at the next 2 days breakfasts. She too deserves 5 stars! Thank you Pam.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Epicurianguy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was sorry to hear that you encountered a problem in the restaurant but I was glad to hear Pam resolved the issues for you. I will ensure that both Christine and Pam get the recognition for their excellent service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Paul Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Holliday Inn. Just do not expect 5 star service there.
Better than any other in this chain, ideal for 1 night stay when driving. Clean Rooms, Quick check In, Lots of Parking Spaces, good Location. What else can I say? Good Value for money

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear DimitriC,

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay, I was particularly pleased to read how highly you rate our Hotel. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here many times over the years I was happy to book an overnight stay recently. We arrived after a very long day and were checked in quickly through the Priority Club list. Once up in the room, which was clean and adequately furnished with a comfy bed, sofa & large flat screen tv, we felt at home and could relax. The only gripe I have from this trip us that when we then tried to order room service at 22:45 we were told the chef had gone home and that'll the 24 hour menu was available. It might seem a little churlish but the room service menu does say it runs to 23:00, so that was slightly disappointing given that I stay in Holiday Inns many times a year and am well versed in their room service terms etc. apart from that, the service was good and the staff friendly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Rthom5150,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to read that had an enjoyable stay in the Hotel. I have sent you a private message to establish the date you stayed so I can follow up on the room service issue.
I look forward to hearing from you

Millom, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good service as usual great location for my work place, would be better with a pool or gym. Rooms functional and food adequate though my sirloin steak was not as good as other steaks
I have eaten in other holiday inns. Little disappointed that I was not upgraded as I am a platinum member. Breakfast adequate but it was obvious that the chef could not cook Fred eggs as all were burst and did not look at all attractive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear WilliamF,

I was delighted to read you had another good stay. I was particularly pleased to read about the good service you encountered from the team. I will ensure I share your feedback with them.
I will follow up on the points around your Sirloin Steak, room upgrade and Breakfast as this will only make us even better.

Whitstable, Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on business

Hotel easy to find, good motorway links and check in was speedy & efficient

Eat in the restaurant first night & had a very good steak & chips - nicely done & cooked exactly how I ordered it
Breakfast was served by buffet one morning and waitress service another - either way was tasty although with all large hotels - could be hotter - food kept under lights is never quite hot enough

Second evening I ordered room service and one of the dishes was significantly below par and poor - I complained - something I rarely do and was immediately apologised to. Had a another meal sent to the room with a complementary large glass of wine and none of the food or drink from this evening appeared on my bill

The staff seemed very anxious to ensure my stay was up to scratch and must say - going the extra mile when things had gone wrong really helped

Would recommend and will say if you do have an issue - it's worth bringing it to someone's attention - couldn't have been more keen to put things right.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear kentyankee,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent visit to Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was sorry to see you had a few problems, I have looked into these with my team to ensure these do not happen again. I was delighted to hear the team resolved the issues to your satisfaction.

East Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday inn Warrington on business.The rooms were spacious and clean.
The staff were friendly and helpful and when we asked for suggestions on where we could eat we were directed to Grappenhall Road on the outskirts of Warrington where there was a variety of places to eat.
The hotel is in an ideal location for the M6
The breakfast was really nice and again the waitress was really chatty and helpful.
I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Ricardoeastyorks,

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay, I was particularly pleased to read about your positive comments regarding breakfast and the team being friendly and helpful.

Benfleet
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for a one night business trip at the end of January. While my stay overall was satisfactory and I didn't feel the need to make any complaints, it was the little things that let it down:

No tea/coffee facility in my room (booked by work so didn't check beforehand, but thought that was pretty standard!)

Due to a Holiday Inn function, there was no room in the dining room till 8pm and even then I was kept waiting. The food was very nice but small portions. Good voucher deal obtained from reception, 2 courses and 2 drinks for £20. This was charged twice on my bill somehow when checking out, but was taken off with no questions asked.

Wifi is £16 a night! What the heck! Fortunately I avoided the charge, as the wifi wasn't working in my room so had to ring the helpline (nothing todo with the hotel) and they just added my devices to the system so I could get online. No way I would pay this if I was staying there all week.

Not told barrier code by staff, so couldn't get out of the car park on my first exit.

It's a shame, as every staff member I spoke to, from reception, to the barman, waitresses etc. were extremely friendly and helpful and thankfully they made the stay what it was.

The room was adequate, very clean and the bathroom was immaculate. TV worked fine too. While the location is convenient, it is close to the motorway, but the windows were really good and kept most of it out, I didn't have any trouble sleeping.

The carpark was also a good size, plenty of extra spaces round the back.

So all in all an ok trip, but expected more from Holiday Inn. If I return there on business again, I will be happy to stay for one night, but not an extended trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andy D,

I was pleased to read you had a satisfactory stay and was particularly pleased to see you rated the cleanliness and service highly. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.
I have noted the areas for improvement and we wll use your feedback to ensure we do this.

Paul Ellison

Been to Holiday Inn Warrington? Share your experiences!