“i would had a better time if it wasnt for that pesky kid” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Hersham, null, United Kingdom
“i would had a better time if it wasnt for that pesky kid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been to la casa a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately on our last trip the food, wine and service were all reasonable but in a near empty restaurant a very loud child was placed on the table right next to us.
Given that this was my wife and I going out alone for the first time since the birth of our little boy it the loud child (about 11/12) really took the gloss off what is otherwise a very nice restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Never again !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at our experience at this restaurant. It all started reasonably well with an easy reservation on a Saturday afternoon...which should have been a warning considering every other restaurant in the area was fully booked. The restaurant itself is well presented and laid out..off street parking which is a bonus. The vibe when we walked in was oddly tense although we were greeted well enough, albeit a little over the top sort of Italians on speed..that's when it went bad. We were seated by a waiter who was making sarcastic wise cracks about how I was dressed and flirting with my wife. I may add yes my wife is very attractive and I was wearing jeans and a collared shirt ?? I guess he was trying to be funny and engage us in some kind of banter..we just laughed it off first time around although it didn't go down well ! The general staff vibe was almost stressful being rushed to order, we sent 4 different waiters away in 10 minutes ..yes better then no attention but this was nuts. The menu selection was pretty good and we ordered ..the starters arrived very quickly and were basically not too bad but the last straw was when Mr Comedian arrived again and promptly made more sarcastic comments about my selections to my wife ! - Bruscetta and some Scallops ..umm it's an Italian restaurant ? I told him to go away and his comments were not welcome ..he disturbed our hopefully quiet romantic evening so I complained to the owner and we walked out in the end. There is a time and a place for this kind of banter and that's fine but this wasn't it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Awful food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to La Casa last week for our anniversary and it's the first and last time we will eat here.
The first problem was that the food arrived so quickly that you could not enjoy the evening. As if the objective was to get us to leave the restaurant as quickly as possible to make the table available for the next guests. We had starters and mains, and had finished out dinner in less than 45 mins since we arrived.
The second, bigger, problem was that I got food poisoning from (I assume) spaghetti with clams. So not only did we not have an enjoyable evening for our anniversary, the next day was completely ruined with me suffering from bad food poisoning. Simply awful.
Friendly waiters though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Food terrific”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My first visit to this restaurant was midweek at 7.30. I was surprised at how popular it was on a Tuesday evening, including children, at pretty steep prices. That said the food could not be faulted. Shared antipasto was a tasty combination of meats & cheese. The prawn rissotto was most certainly the best rissotto I have eaten anywhere with the most beautiful flavours & with a good size portion that the insalata wasn't really needed. Mango sorbet was twice as large as expected & twice as delicious. The downside would be that the service was slow even though the restaurant had many empty tables. The staff were not particularly friendly or welcoming, the place was so open that every conversation echoed making it very noisey, the door kept sticking open making it very cold at our table & I resorted to putting my coat on. Overall I would recommend for the food, but not a place to have that romantic or special meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Surrey UK
“Return To La Casa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We like La Casa...we like the service and the food..Senora enjoyed her mozzarella and tomato followed by sea bream and rosemary . I had a leak and potato soup which was like internal central heating on a chilly day, and then a good old fashioned lasagna with a creamy bechamel scented with a delicate hint of nutmeg..
Which was exactly what I fancied.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere