“Lovely place and great value” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Monument Green, Weybridge KT13 8BQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Weybridge
HULL
“Lovely place and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were only staying for one night as we were in the area for a family event, but were very impressed by the quality of the hotel and the pleasant and helpful staff - and it was excellent value for money. Staff on check-in were efficient and polite and the room was very clean, comfortable and well-appointed. The breakfast was excellent and check-out quick and easy. If I had to list a fault it would be the very noisy extractor fan in the bathroom, but having said that - it was effective! A very pleasant stay and would certainly visit again if we were in the area. Thanks to all staff at the Ship.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Adrian D,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel. I have passed your kind words onto my team and they all join me in trusting that you will come and visit us again as we will look forward to welcoming you back.

01932 848364

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
loughborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Excellent hotel in the heart of Weybridge,we had a room in the old part of the hotel at the front, a little traffic noise if you had the window open but no problem when closed as the double glazing is very efficient The room was a good size and very clean, although the bed & pillows wre on the hard side ..As we only had b&b i couldnt comment on the evening meal but the breakfast is excellent,fruit, cereals,& and full English, a great start to the day. we will certainly return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear THEDUKELoughborough,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. We are originally an old coaching Inn, we do have a good selection of bedrooms, the older ones tend to be at the front of the building. I am delighted that you found your bedroom to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay. Please do come and visit us again, as we would all like to welcome back once again. Perhaps during your next stay you may want to try our Restaurant, which serves a good selection of freshly prepared food. Once again thank you from all the team at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel.

Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

On the 1st of March myself and my family threw a surprise party for dads 60th. What a night!
We had been planning the party since September. The guest list was really long and budget was average but the staff at the ship helped with every detail of the party.
Zoe the events coordinator was an absolute gem! She knew her stuff! Zoe gave me prices for everything so I could see for myself and for a hotel the prices were very reasonable.
The staff were more than happy to help before and on the night even though two members of staff had obvious injuries one had a cast on his foot the other had a cast on his arm!!
The food was amazing, I can't compliment the staff enough they let us use their projector for my dad's pictures, they provided a very posh cake stand (it's the little things that count). We were allowed to set up our p.a the night before. We could get in the room early on the day too. By all accounts the staff had a great time too we were very happy about this coz happy staff make all the difference to a great night!
Some of our guests stayed at the hotel and also said it was very nice. Great location. Not far from the train station and there is also parking at the ship and surrounding areas.
I would recommend staying and having a party here. I would defo have another do here!!
Thank you everyone at the ship!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Jodi T,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor and for your kind words of praise. I have passed your comments onto Zoe, Giles and Max and all the other staff working that night. We are all delighted that you had such a fantastic time and that you and all your guests enjoyed your selves. Going the extra mile for our customers, with exemplary service, is what we strive to do, this is made so much easier when parties like yours are such lovely people and all the guest are enjoying themselves. We look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel, perhaps for Mother’s Day or Easter. We are offering a fantastic carvery for Mother’s day with a glass of fizz for everyone and a gift for Mum, hopefully we will see you there. Once again many thanks.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in March. The receptionist was friendly when I checked in, gave me directions to the room and explained timings for the restaurant etc.

The bedroom, room 304, was clean and there was an iron and board in the wardrobe. There was a space to work at a desk and there was free wi-fi throughout the hotel. The bathroom had a bath and shower as well as a toilet.

The breakfast area was ideal, with a good selection on a cold buffet, as well as the option of a cooked breakfast. All of the staff were polite and friendly.

The only negative was the fact that a very large floodlight was attached to the outside wall directly beside the bedroom window. This light was on all night, and the curtains were not large enough to stop light from this coming into the room. Surely a black-out blind should be fitted to avoid light which illuminates the outside of the building being able to come into the bedroom?

Room Tip: Avoid a room at the front of the building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, that all the staff were friendly and that you enjoyed the breakfast. I am sorry for the ingress of light coming from outside, I have investigated this with my maintenance manager and appropriate action is being actioned. I trust that you will visit us again shortly as we serve a good selection dishes both for lunch and dinner. We all look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel. Many thanks once again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Booked this hotel for 3 nights, had ants on the breakfast table every morning and arrived one night with the room door wide open and no one around! Informed the manager who didn't seem concerned about the breach of security at all and waved it off. To be fair, the rooms were clean it was a relief to have a working lift, but with the security of passports and other belongings compromised, I won't be repeating my booking.

• Stayed February 2014
Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Breana J,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, which I have read. I was very concerned to learn that you experienced security problems, whilst you were staying with us. We take security extremely seriously and I have raised your comments with my team. I was surprised to learn that you had ants at your table this time of year, considering the weather we have been experiencing, however as a precaution I have raised the issue with our pest control company; they have taken immediate preventative action. I have passed you kind words onto my Housekeeper, as I am delighted you found the bedroom clean and to your satisfaction. I would be delighted if you would be so kind as to contact me direct as I would be most keen to discuss your issues in greater detail and perhaps I may be able to persuade you to visit us again, perhaps for Mother’s Day or Easter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Worcester UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Ship on numerous occasions on business; it is well situated in the town centre close to restaurants and shops etc and has adequate car parking facilities. The restaurant and bar area are pleasant without being impressive and service tends to be typical for the area. The bedrooms and ensuite facilities generally need some considerable modernisation and updating ~ some are more reminiscent of a seventies motel room than a modern hotel. It will need a sizeable investment to raise its position in the Weybridge hotel options.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Steelstrings,

Thank you for your comments which you posted on tripadvisor, which I have duly read. We are well located in the centre of Weybridge near the shops and the river Thames, for nice walks. BEST WESTERN Ship hotel is convenient for Hampton Court, RHS Wisely and not far from the train station with good trains into London. We are currently undergoing a major redecoration and refurbishment of the bedrooms, our Restaurant and Function rooms have just had major refurbishment. The next time you are visiting us please make yourself know and I would be delighted to show you our new rooms. Perhaps you may be able to come for Mother's day lunch, we are offering a full Sunday Lunch Carvery, with a glass of Prosecco and a gift for the Mother's. Once again thank you for your review.

01932 848364

Travelers are raving about these Weybridge hotels

Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

What a difference in this hotel with the management and staff. Every time I visit is an enjoyable experience and our needs are always catered for. The staff are happy and helpful and a big pat on the back must go to the management for the way in which they are developing a "can I help you" culture, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is bright, smart and quirky and I highly recommend it

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear scarlets142,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoy visiting BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel. Following our ground floor improvements, of the reception and restaurant areas, the staff have worked very hard in order to improve upon the high standards of service we offer. Our conservatory and function rooms are about to undergo a massive transformation and therefore I would urge you to come and visit us again. As I take all guest comments extremely seriously I have passed your kind words of praise onto my team and they all join me in thanking you and trust that it will not be long before we have the plaeasure of welcoming you back.

01932 848364

Been to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge? Share your experiences!