“Overnight stay for an exhibition at nearby Brooklands Museum.” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Monument Green, Weybridge KT13 8BQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Weybridge
Brighouse
“Overnight stay for an exhibition at nearby Brooklands Museum.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Came down from Yorkshire, to exhibit at Brooklands.
This Hotel is in a great location for Brooklands!
We booked three rooms. Every room had wallpaper hanging off the walls.
The toilet and bathrooms were dirty. (Wish I had taken pictures now)
The dinning room carpet was very stained.
And most of the Hotel was in need of some TLC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and I can only apologise for our shortcomings in the decor and cleanliness of your bedrooms.
I will of course investigate and address your feedback straightaway.
I was surprised to read your note on the cleanliness of the bathrooms, which are normally of the highest standard and usually generate positive comments.
Our housekeeping team will be disappointed, but I am sure, will respond positively.

We do have plans to replace the carpet in the restaurant, which I agree does need attention and TLC.
I am confident that all the points you have raised will be addressed and that your next visit with us will meet your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

i came down from scotland and found the anchor hotel . stayed there 3 days fri to mon was so nice .lee and dave where fantastic made my trip worth while food was fantastic asked for a steak was done to perfection thank you chief. i will be back soon

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments, which I will ensure are passed to my colleagues at the Anchor.
Surrey, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went back to The Ship for Sunday Lunch and again - well done, fab food, great service, lovely choice of either hot cooked starters & main from the Kitchen or the buffet starts and wonderful carvery, excellent! and even a complimentary glass of fizz. Loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It was good to read your comments about our Sunday lunch buffet and carvery, which continues to get excellent feedback.
Including the glass of fizz has proved to be very popular and making a reservation is now essential, as we are usually fully booked
Thank yo for taking the time to write and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several (more than 10) times over the last few years with work. Initially I was a bit disappointed but I have since discovered that the rooms are quite variable so if you are not happy with your room you should talk to the reception as they may be able to move you to a another one that you find more acceptable.
There are 3 things to recommend this hotel. First the location, you are right in Weybridge, next to a nice Waitrose supermarket and within walking distance of several very good restaurants and a 10 minute walk to the train station. Secondly the food in the hotel is of an excellent standard, the pub is very good with daily menus which are extremely reasonable and very good quality. Great for when you arrive or need a quick meal.Finally, the staff. They could not be more helpful - I'm really surprised that other reviewers have given negative comments about the staff as I have always found them to be unfailingly helpful and polite. I suppose we all have bad days, don't let those reviews put you off.
My colleagues who come from all over Europe/Middle East and Africa and stay here often say they like this hotel because it is unmistakably English. With winding corridors and a low beam ceiling pub. Some people prefer generic chain hotels that look the same no matter which country you are in, but this hotel has character and charm.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room ask at Reception as they may be able to move you to another one...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to read your comments about your recent stay at the Ship Hotel and thank you for taking the time to write.
The feedback on the staff was most welcome, as delivering great customer service remains our priority.
we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Frieth, Oxon. UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Ship Hotel on 6th April. We have been here several times before, always as part of a pre-war MG car event, and it was good to be back.

We were in Room 217 - a large king sized double room - which was comfortable and well appointed. Admittedly it was a long haul there from reception but the second floor rooms have recently been renovated - we were told that the first floor rooms are to follow.

Dinner was in the banquetting suite and at the negotiated rate of £32 per head was good value. Lisa Fileding was the duty manager and we were well looked after.

Breakfast was excellent - a good choice of healthy nor gut buster food. One niggle - it was a shame to find ants in the sugar cube bowl ............

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and I am pleased that your visit was as successful as those that you had previously. I have passed on your comments to Lisa and i have also addressed the ant situation, for which I apologise.
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here in march 2013 for first time and I must say that this hotel does not look very attractive from out side but during my stay I felt very comfortable.All staff were very helpful specially after reading some previous feedback I was bit concern but in my own experience I can say that this hotel offers good customer service and food specially the breakfast service and the staff along with bar staff was good.The manager mr singh who was very helpful also helped me as his knowledge in computers was second to none which helped me great deal.I will recommend this hotel and would stay again in future.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Generalmanager005, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and thank you for your positive comments particularly on the levels of service and food quality. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ship on your next visit.

Kind regards

Adam Salter
Liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Ship is a fine historical I building which has been extended into a modern hotel a good while ago. Now the hotel is looking old and tired and not terribly clean. The front rooms in the old part of the hotel are also very cramped, freezing cold and noisy as they overlook the main road. But it's relatively cheap so all of the above would be forgiveable if it weren't for the attitude of the staff who seem to view guests as an inconvenience. I have stayed here eight times and Chloe on reception has a mantra of "I can only apologise" rather than trying to do something to remedy issues, the staff in the restaurant never seem to greet customers or show them to their table and often there's no sign of staff to serve breakfast. Even the cleaning staff don't bother with a good morning. This visit's cherry on the cake was a gentleman arriving for breakfast at 9.45 am to be told "you've missed it but we start lunch at 11.30", breakfast is advertised as served until 10am. My breakfast was almost thrown at me. Exception to this rule seems to be Viera on reception who is charming and kindly and helpful, but interestingly not British, that might say something! It also telling that the manager only responds to the good reviews doesn't seem they want to learn from their customers' experiences.

Room Tip: Go for a courtyard room don't ask for a quiet room I got one at the back overlooking the car par...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at The Ship, however I was extremely concerned to see that you did not enjoy your stay as we would have wished, and please accept my most sincere apologies for this at the outset.

With reference to some of the public areas which have not already been refurbished, they are marked for attention this year, to bring them into line with those parts already complete, such as the Bar, all second floor rooms, and the '300' type rooms.

Most concerning was your feedback regarding the attitude of some of the staff, and the poor service you received; I have discussed your comments with my management team, as well as with the staff members themselves, and reminded them how essential are consistantly good service standards, and most importantly a freindly and helpful attitude. I must say, that generally the feedback we receive in terms of service is excellent, therefore I am particularly disappointed in this case. Nevertheless, thank you for highlighting Viera as being so professional and welcoming - she is indeed an asset to the business.

We do respond to the majority of reviews we receive, no matter whether positive or otherwise, but always to those guests who have perhaps not fully enjoyed their stays with us, as I am sure you will see from previous feedback and our subsequent replies. In most cases we also try to directly contact the guests to discuss any issues personally, and I hope I shall have the opportunity to do so with yourself, should it be convenient for you. We welcome all constructive comment, and please rest assured that it is both taken seriously and acted upon.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Adam Salter

Travelers are raving about these Weybridge hotels

Been to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge? Share your experiences!