“Night to remember” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Monument Green, Weybridge KT13 8BQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Weybridge
Surrey
“Night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was planning an night to remember and was going to ask my other half to get engaged,I phoned asked to speak to the head chef of the hotel to arrange a night to remember for a planned engagement, he was more than happy to do a special menu and look after our every needs, the night came along and we where very well looked after especially since the restaurant was fairly busy we where still attended to and even had the head chef come out a couple of times to serve us the food and talk us through the dish he was serving us, which was a nice touch and not expected. The food was phenomenal we had a 6 course menu which not only blew myself away but my other half she loved it, I have eaten in some great establishment with very high accolades and this was up there with the best. Overall if I was to go out for a night with friends or family and wanted to be looked after i would go there again. wanted to say a big thank you to the Ship Hotel and all their staff for a tremendous night and especially to the head chef i think he name was alex standen thank you.
p.s. she said yes

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
North West
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Some rooms are appalling but some are good. Standard hotel but the staff are really great and are better than neighbouring hotels Brooklands and Oatlands. The staff are the reason I keep returning. One complaint I had was a recent meal I had. Now I am a man that loves his fish but have never had anything black come in my plate.(picture attached) I thought it look like guts but the chef assured me it was spine blood! Whatever it was it didn't deserve to be on my plate. He told me I could choose another dish but all his fish had guts like this..I mean spine blood. Anyway, he is the only I one who doesn't seem to know what customer service is. I'll let you guys decide after you can see the picture.

• Stayed November 2011
Surrey, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had Sunday lunch at the Ship yesterday and it was fantastic, can't fault it, the food, service, staff all brill. Choice of two cravery meats, open starters table with a hot option of mussels or soup, beautiful dessert table with freshly made crepe's or a lovely selection of cheese. A little hidden gem. Will be definately going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stay a weekend for a wedding in August and I was very pleased the hotel. Its in a good location for the shops and buses to go on further trips. The breakfast was very good. All members of staff were friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

had a great one night stay on Sunday 29th September at the Ship Hotel, all the staff couldn't do enough for you. Each member of staff we spoke to her were friendly and helpful and a credit to the hotel.
we ate in the bar in the evening and the food was brilliant. i would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed for 1 night on 29/9/12. We booked direct with the hotel, and confirmed the booking the day before, so we were not happy to find that when we checked in, the family room we had booked had not been allocated to us. Instead it was a double room that was not big enough for the four of us. The staff member offered to get the manager, however after a wait she returned without the manager (disappointing) but with a solution. We were given inter- connecting rooms at no extra charge, which we were satisfied with. Cleanliness in rooms was a little patchy in places, cobwebs and dirty carpet between bed & side table. Breakfast was very good, an excellent choice and the service was very good too. We were there at 8am and it was fairly quiet but there were people waiting to get in when we passed by later.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Glasgw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed over one Saturday evening, two adults and two children, and the family room was very good. King size bed, at least, and the fold down was a good size and very comfy.... Adequate seating and table in the room and still spacious with the additional bed down....

Booking was done direct with the hotel and was very efficient, deals on the web seemed to be same as offered direct.

Note of warning on breakfast, it's popularity meant we had a wait of maybe 10-15 minutes and I had to remind the waiting staff I was still waiting on a table a couple of times, the last being just before they offered a table of four to another waiting party.....

Breakfast selection was good, service was OK, based on previous comments of popularity and I found the restaurant got pretty warm after a while...

Checkout can get pretty hectic so either checkout early or leave it a little after 11am

Overall a good hotel and one I'd definitely use again!

Chico

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge? Share your experiences!