“All a hotel should be !” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fast & Fabulous
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weybridge
Reading UK
“All a hotel should be !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We booked Brooklands Hotel really for its convenient location to the Brooklands Museum which we have always wanted to visit (it's also next door to the Mercedes World another bonus)

Rarely have I given an Hotel a Trip Advisor five rating (on the basis that in my view it essentially means nothing can be bettered) but in this instance, it is more than well deserved.

The location is excellent and surprisingly peaceful - it looks like somewhere that has been built and fitted out with no expense spared - it looks new - but I think is about four years old - a credit to those who maintain and clean.

Every member of staff we met - from the front desk to the wait staff were courteous and engaging - nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was spotlessly clean and well appointed, robes and slippers included as standard. An amazing walk in rain shower, large soft bath towels, bottled water in the fridge etc.etc.

No password wifi included - so simple and so convenient. We did not eat in the Restaurant but had breakfast which is buffet style and one of the best full english breakfast's we have ever had.

Every aspiring hotel manager should spend a day at Brooklands Hotel and see how a near perfect hotel is run and managed (not practical or possible I know!)

We plan to stay again late Summer and are looking forward to it already.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and the facilities and also thank you for your glowing review the team will be really pleased. Indeed the hotel opened in March 2010 and our housekeeping team work hard to maintain the property to a good standard. We have a lovely team here at the hotel and we all work hard to maintain great teamwork and ensure our guests really enjoy their experience. As a hotel we were luck to receive 2 awards this year, 2 AA Rosettes for our 1907 restaurant and also a place in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small companies to work for, which the team are all really proud of. I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

While new, the hotel is a bust for the price. In room climate not good and likely why a noisy portable air"cleaner" was blasting upon arrival. Very limited service level. Having a "Make my day" direct dial button on the phone is high risk, when property has very limited service capability. Black shoe polish - or better yet, offer of a shoe shine, would have made my day, however no shoe polish (but a mit!), and no offer to shine them, but instead suggesting that I head to Tesco ½ mile down the street to pick up the polish is not really making my day... No help to take heavy bags to the room. Food was actually pretty good, but nah, not coming back.

Stay here only if you are in the area to visit the next door race track - and or get a great deal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. As a team we strive to deliver excellent service at all times and this is reflected in the comments we receive and our guests returning time and time again. I will share your comments with the team and I am sorry that you feel you wont return to us.
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for \ Friday and Saturday night as part of an Epsom Derby weekend.
Whilst the style and décor of the hotel were not to our liking we could not fault the service we received from the very efficient, friendly and helpful staff.
The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable but we didn't like the lack of natural ventilation and reliance on the a/c.
The walk in/level access shower was great, but the designer hand basin was not functional at all being very shallow.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you had a good stay and that the team looked after you well. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We joined family for an afternoon tea, having booked them the Afternoon Tea as a gift. Lovely day so we chose to sit outside, and a very helpful lady at the bar steered us to a table and said she would let the Restaurent Host knew we were waiting. Wait, we did. The same bar lady was alarmed some time later to find we had not been tended to. She would chase up the restaurant. Still nothing. Eventually I had to go inside to rouse some service. Eventually a waiter did arrive, and took our order - extra items along with the Details on the Voucher which we handed him. Another very lengthy wait. And then the order was delivered. Except it was the wrong order as no one had actually read the contents of the Gift Voucher - schoolboy error? Yet another ridiculous length wait and the rest of the order was delivered. Shame no Salt & Vinegar though - would have gone well with all the 'chips' on the various non-matching items of crockery..... Only two of the tea-pots were delivered with English Breakfast Tea 'tags'....the others may well have been 'economy tea' bags. And when we asked for a cake box to take left-overs home - no such thing available, so items were wrapped together in tin-foil, and consequently were a gooey mess once we arrived home. So, embarrassed in front of family at the shambles - and disappointed as we have used the hotel previously for business and pleasure, but are unlikely to visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry that your visit to the hotel with your family did not go well. We as a team appreciate all feedback given and we would have been happy to speak with you on the day and also direct with myself after the event as we do not like our guests to leave disappointed and we would have fully investigated the points raised. We are in a people industry and from time to time things do go wrong however all of my team do their best to ensure that shortfalls are addressed going forward. I do hope that you may consider visiting us again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Just writing this on my way home from a stay at the hotel. Our room was amazing and we had a track facing room with balcony which was lovely to sit out on and watch the cars race around the track. My husband booked me a facial (my first) as it was our anniversary and I must say it was a huge pleasure. Jessica was the girl that did my facial and I give her amazing credit and she did a wonderful job and made me feel great. This was our 3rd stay and I can say that we will definetly be back.

• Stayed June 2014
We are so pleased you had a great stay and enjoyed all of the hotel and your first facial, I will pass on your kind comments to Jessica and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is my 5th visit!!
Used the spa with my friend for her birthday. Everything from the moment we walked in was excellent. Friendly helpful receptionist!
I just used the fantastic facilities. It is small but very relaxing! We sunbathed on the balcony whilst watching the cars on the day track at mecedes benz world!
We decided to have afternoon tea everything ran on time & was very yummy
Only disappointment was the treatment myself and my friend are both therapist, she had the hot stone massage & for £38 you dont expect to leave unhappy. She said the pressure wasnt firm enough so asked it to be firmer and the therapist responded with 'you need a sports massage!'. When i came with my brother before he had the same therapist & also wasnt happy with her! Considering I chose this spa because every other time I've come I've been happy with everything it was annoying she didnt enjoy her treatment!
Will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased overall you had an enjoyable visit to the spa. I am however disappointed that your friend was not happy with her massage and also your brother when he came. Please on your next visit speak with our spa manager and we can look into your comments as it is important that we receive this feedback at the time so we can action this accordingly. We look forward to seeing you back again very soon.
Longford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Not a lot to say, rooms are spacious and masculine. Bed is very comfortable. I had to leave notes for housekeeping to replenish bathroom stocks. Requested green tea for room but never received. Good breakfast choice. Nice staff. Hotel lacks any warmth or personal touches. Paid £200 per night which is just not worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that as a hotel we did not meet your expectations in regards to the design of the hotel and price. I am pleased however you found my team friendly. I will share the comment on the toiletries and green tea with my housekeeper and we will address any shortfall that has occurred in this instance. As a hotel we received great feedback on the quality of the hotel and I am disappointed that you did not feel the same way, I hope you may consider us again when you are in the area.

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!