“Amazing breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weybridge
Kent, United Kingdom
“Amazing breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time my husband & I stayed at The Brooklands. We got a brilliant deal which included a glass of Prosecco each, 20% off our food bill and any treatments at the Spa. We were delighted to receive an upgrade to an Executive room too! (103) I must say that the delux room we stayed in the last time was just as lovely, only smaller and didn't include a bath. The attention to detail in the finish of the room, particularly the tiling in the bathroom is impeccable. This is seen throughout the hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant is quite pricey but beautifully cooked. The spa is indeed a very relaxing area. I agree that a second hot tub would be useful for busy periods. We stayed on 6th January so it was nice and quiet. The hotel is right next door to Mercedes World and The Brooklands motor museum. These are both worth a visit. I found Mercedes World particularly interesting and I'm not that interested in cars! The highlight of our stay was the breakfast buffet. There's so much choice and everything is really fresh. It's the best hotel breakfast we've ever had, worldwide....better than at home even! Do not hesitate to book, you will not be disappointed. I'm not sure why there have been any bad reviews. These people must be delusional, what do they want, the moon on a stick?!?!?! The Brooklands Hotel can not be faulted.

• Stayed January 2014
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am delighted that you had a great stay and that the team looked after you well. We are very proud of our breakfast offering and I am pleased this exceeded your expectations I will share this with the breakfast team and our chef. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Brooklands very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Me + my partner stayed here for one night + didnt want to leave. Excellent room + excellent service. The outside hot tub is a must!! The 1907 restaurant, bar + grill is amazing for dinner and the breakfast at the hotel is lovely, excellent choice of everything.

• Stayed January 2014
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, I will share your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Glyfada, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

A comfortable and clean hotel situated nicely for visiting family in Weybridge although we were almost cut off by floods!
The hotel felt rather empty for the Christmas period and one drawback was that it was not easy to regulate the temperature in the room, as a/c only seemed to cool and it was not possible to control the heat!
Windows do not open
Bed was extremely comfortable although being very soft
Nice bathroom with walk-in shower
Mini bar was empty apart from mineral water and no safe in the room which One would expect to have, as the hotel is certainly not cheap
Breakfast and service was very good and the staff are extremely polite and eager to please.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed the area was subjected to floods from the river Wey which effected the access roads but fortunately did not impact on the hotel itself, however I know that the museum and MBW were impacted, so we were very lucky. Indeed Christmas time is a quieter time for the hotel however I am pleased the team looked after you well. Our hotel has full air conditioning and therefor the only windows that open are in the suites and executive rooms that have balconies. The bars in the rooms have complimentary waters, however they can be stocked up with drinks of preference on request, I am sorry if this was not made clear to you. I am so pleased my team looked after you well and I hope that we can welcome you back again when you are visiting in the area. Happy New Year to you.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a reasonably priced hotel about 30 mins drive from Heathrow and convenient for M25, A3, M3. The rooms are comfortable and the staff are friendly. The restaurant is good. Certainly nicer than staying in an airport hotel at either Gatwick or Heathrow.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing Brooklands Hotel and I am delighted that you had a great stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back again when you are next in the area.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I booked one of the Executive rooms on New Year's eve for a romantic evening with my girlfriend. The good points first:

1.) The wine and cocktails we had in the bar were of a very good standard but the price matched this quality. Also, I travel both internationally and nationally with my work a few times a year and can say that the breakfast buffet is probably one of the best I've encountered.

2.) The staff were in general very friendly and accommodating but were unfortunately let down for reasons further below in the review.

3.) Impeccably clean hotel.

Regrettably that is where the good points end and I begin with the negatives which are more numerous:

1.) Before I booked I called the hotel to confirm a few details and prior to arrival I then also called to confirm my booking prior to arrival. At no point was I told that the restaurent was closed for a function or that the spa was closing early. This should have been mentioned as it reduced two of the main functions of the hotel detrimentally effecting my stay.

2.) Upon arrival I was first of all the recipient of a disparaging comment from the receptionist about my method of booking (booking.com) which was completely unecessary. Then despite clearly booking an executive room they tried to fob me off with a standard room thinking I wouldn't notice/complain. Clearly I did notice and upon complaint was promptly allocated the room I had booked which was nice but shouldn't have happened in the first place. Their excuse was that they had apparently 'upgraded' us because they had given us a track facing view. This was a blatant poorly thought out lie in my opinion as first of all it was very dark by then (5pm) so you couldn't even see very much outside and what I could see from that original room was a carpark. Overall the check in experience was one of the most farcical and insulting I have ever encountered.

3.) The hotel has a modern/stylish design which was quite nice and comfortable. I however wouldn't say it is any better than those which advertise themselves as a cut above budget hotels. To give more context, if you have ever enjoyed a luxury hotel in mainland Europe you would probably consider this substandard.

4.) At the bar in the evening despite there being few couples present the service was actually very slow and poor in general. After dinner when there was only one other couple left in the bar apart from ourselves we had to ask three times for an extra round of drinks and the bill which is incredibly poor. When the bill did arrive it had extra items on there that weren't ours so would encourage anyone going to the hotel to carefully check your bill to avoid being charged for extras that you didn't have.

5.) The spa isn't really a spa. You can get the same if not more options at a budget gym. There isn't a pool and sauna/steam rooms are in the changing rooms only so you cannot enjoy them with your partner. The only areas that you can enjoy with your partner is a 'relaxation area' and an outdoor hot tub. It really is a hotel with treatment rooms rather than a spa hotel. Also I would give a word of warning regarding the hot tub. It is so strongly chlorinated that it bleached our swimwear so do not wear anything you aren't prepared to throw away afterwards. Also, the hot tub supposedly only accomodates 4 people yet due to having to queue to use it(!) six people crammed in. According to signs you are then only allowed 10 minutes per 'session.'

6.) Our room was an executive room (no. 103) was probably double the size of the standard room they originally tried to give us so there was lots of room. However there was no attempt to try and fill the space to make it look as luxurious as the standard rooms. Apart from the additional of a not particularly comfortable grey sofa it looked really desolate and plain. I expect much better from room upgrades not something that looks worse. The bathroom was nice but the audio link they give to the TV (so you can have music) broke as soon as the shower was turned on.

7.) The bed was very bouncy and soft but not flat as I kept having the sensation of being at an angle. Neither was it a double bed, merely two singles pushed together giving that horrible uncomfortable gap in the middle. Not ideal for what was meant to be a romantic stay. If soft beds give you a bad back then strongly recommend you avoid staying here.

8.) Whilst I enjoyed the food in the bar it caused my girlfriend to have to get up at 2am in order to vomit. This is clearly not acceptable.

Overall I was expecting a luxurious spa hotel that it advertises itself to be. I left feeling disappointed overall for reasons as explained above.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed the bar and breakfast at the hotel. As with many hotels across the country New Years eve centres around a New Years function and therefore any guests not attending this can stay on BB and have room service which operates as normal. This is all outlined on our website and the restaurant is closed out on our restaurant on line booking system, also due to the low demand as people are getting ready for the function, the spa closes 2 hours early at 6pm. Indeed there was an error on our behalf in regards to the room allocated, however this was rectified straight away. Our rooms are indeed not substandard and are larger than average hotel bedrooms, with many extras and features that make them more special, and you will see they are enjoyed from the comments made by other guests. As a hotel we do not advertise as having a pool and all of our facilities are outlined on our website, many spas have their sauna and steam separate and you can indeed enjoy the hot tub and meditation room together. The hot tub chlorine levels are set in line with the usage of this particular facility and is regularly tested throughout the day and also by an external company to ensure that is it maintained safely, as with all of these kind of facilities it is recommended and displayed to have a 10 minute time limit and we cannot be responsible for any damage to costumes when using this facility. All of our bedrooms are zip and link beds allowing the facility of a twin or double room, I am sorry that you did not find this personally comfortable. We do have procedures in place in regards to accusations of ill health from our food and I note that this was not discussed with any of my team at the time, a thorough investigation would need to take place to eliminate the causes, however you did not bring this to our attention at the time. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Not sure how they get away with selling themselves as "spa hotel" - most local gyms would have more extensive spa facilities than this hotel. Given it is located randomly in the middle of nowhere there is nothing else. Poor service and unhelpful staff complete the picture. Stay away.

• Stayed December 2013
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, as you will see from many of the great reviews we receive many people enjoy our facilities and find the location suitable. My team always do their best to ensure everyone received great service and again this is reflected in the number of guests who return time after time. I am sorry that we were not for you.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed one night as a post Christmas break with my husband.
Greeted by welcoming, courteous staff.
Appointed a beautiful room albeit overlooking a car park but the view was unimportant as the rooms was so lovely and stylish. Also the bathroom was gorgeous too. Only criticism would be as others have pointed out...bed was too soft.
Breakfast was extremely tasty with an excellent choice available and again extremely friendly and courteous staff who are a credit to this hotel.

We look forward to returning one day soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you found the beds too soft, we do get some great comments on our beds and their comfort but understand that some people prefer a firmer mattress, we will take this into consideration when we are next looking to replace them. I hope we can see you back again in the New Year.

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!