“Great Stay and Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Weybridge
London
“Great Stay and Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Came to the brooklands for a nice relaxing break for me and my partner.

The hotel is only an hours drive away from me so worth the journey.

Booked the Executive Family room even though there was only the two of us as other rooms were fully booked.. The room was huge and with a view of the race track. Good soundproofing so you do not get disturbed by the people flying down the tracks.

The room is well kitted out and excellently furnished. Bathroom is lovely with a separate bath and shower cubicle..

Only has breakfast in the 1907 restaurant which was very nice and well cooked.

Bit disappointed that the saunas are separate as when you come with your partner you can't sit together. However the outside hot tub was great although please make the bubbles last more that a couple of minutes.

Will most definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the facilities. I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

1,333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I booked a spa weekend for my mother and me this weekend. The staff were welcoming from the very start. We had an afternoon tea package with prosecco. The scones and jam were delicious tasted really home- made. We also had dinner in 1907. I could not fault the food or their attentiveness and the also recognised mums birthday in some lovely subtle ways that made her feel special. Out room was spotless, spacious and well appointed we felt really relaxed and slept very well. Mum had a massage which she said was brilliant and we both enjoyed the hot tub on the outside deck, and the sauna.

Overall t was a very pleasurable day and we would recommend and definitely do again.
Well done Brooklands!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are pleased you both had a great stay with us and enjoyed all of the facilities and that the team looked after you well. All of our food in the hotel is freshly cooked and made and we aim as a team to provide a great experience, I am delighted that this was what you experienced. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went as a birthday treat, and found the spa clean and the staff very friendly. The hot tub slightly small but was a nice touch. The menu in the restaurant did not suit my palate, but I drove into Weybridge and found somewhere to eat, had I stayed longer, than the lack of appetising food in the hotel might have been a problem.The bathroom with the walk in shower, but no curtain was very clean. Although I didn't complain because I was only staying one night, my room was very cold, reception called not long after I had arrived to enquire was everything ok, and explained how to increase the heat, but it took too long to heat up, than got very hot and cold again. Also on one side of the bed, there was a stain on the sheets and the books on the table were sticky and the table in the room and the light sockets were smeary, I also found the bed very soft, I thought it was a water bed. On saying that, I came via a Groupon deal of £59 per person, which included 1 treatment and B&B, which was a very good price. I would recommend this hotel to couples or friends, but you would need to drive, as there is not much to do locally and the bars and clubs are at least 30 minutes away. Housekeeping needs to keep their eye on the ball a bit more, and maybe tweak the menu in the hotel to cater for the less discerning palates.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor doors away from the spa which suited me, but my view was awful and in the mor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that there were certain elements of your stay that yuo were dissapointed with. I will highlight your comments on the room to our Housekeeping Manager, however the beds are only 2 years old and although maybe a little soft for your taste are certainly not to the degree of a water bed. As a hotel we offer an extensive flexible menu in the Bar and restaurant to suit all tastes, from a salad or sandwich, Burger to Fish and Chips and steak, all freshly prepared, Mussels and Oysters, Lobster and chateaubriand. Our restaurant is very popular with our guests and outside customers. I am sorry this was not to your liking but again thank you for your feedback.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

very welcoming staff, lovely facilities, would definitely recommend a visit. Was treated very nicely which was suprising as i went with a groupon, which most people are generally very snobby about. all in all a lovely place in a very peaceful location with lots to see in the local area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and please be assured we welcome every guest into our hotel with the same hospitality and ensure all of our guests have a great time. Hope to see you back again very soon.
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I booked through a groupon offer as a suprise for my partners birthday. I emailed the hotel prior to our stay requesting a front facing track room and I ordered a bottle of prosecco and a balloon to be put into the room prior to our arrival. Check in was fine but when we got to our room I was so disappointed. I opened the door to the view of 2 walls. It was next to a suite squeezed in the corner (room 404) we had a view of a balcony that you couldn't get onto so it was a view of the balcony wall and the end wall. I couldn't believe after all the emailing prior to our stay we got put into this room. As I was so disappointed with the room I walked straight pass the bottle of prosecco and balloon as it had taken away the whole excitement and surspirse i'd planned :-( I felt they knew it was for a special birthday and obviously no thought had been given when allocating our room. We could also hear next door very clearly. I spoke to reception who did send someone up and we were moved, our second room 244 was much better and the view fantastic, if only it was this room the first time our first impressions would have been very different.
I pre booked afternoon tea, we were seated by a woman who left and then we waited another 10 mintues before being asked if we were ok! Finally when we had a waiter he was lovely and very attentive. I could see everyone else getting served before us so we were obviously just an over sight, so far our experience was nothing like any of the other good reviews! On a positive, when it finally arrived the afternoon tea was delicious with warm scones, jams and glass of prosecco.
I also booked for the restaurant that evening. Service was ok although the starter my partner ordered was awful! (air dried duck) it said a mango salsa but it was nothing like and felt explosive in your mouth! I appreciate we all have different tastes but this was unbearable. He sent it back untouched and no one asked if everything was ok. Thankfully the rest of the meal was good and I thought reasonably priced.
Breakfast was great in the morning, good selection and everything perfectly cooked considering it was a buffet.
We had treatments booked at the spa which were very nice and relaxing and we found the spa staff friendly and welcoming.
Overall we made it nice weekend. I was just disappointed with the service on a few occasions and didnt want to keep having to mention it whilst I was there as i think it should be standard.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback we will certainly share this with the team. I am sorry that we let you down on a couple of points but please be assured we will adress the shortfalls that happened. I am pleased however that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here on a internet promotion whcih proved to be fantastic value for money. The voucher we purchased covered a one night's stay with breakfast for 2 people with afternoon cream tea with a glass of fizz and 2 x 25minute spa treatments. The room was amazing with two huge double beds, lovely soft furnishings and furniture, a huge flat screen tv, ipod docking system, huge black gloss wardrobes, generous sized bathroom with bath and walk in monsoon style shower. The view was also awesome overlooking the Mercedes Benz test track. The only tiny downside was I found the bed a little soft for my liking. The decor is very masculine and incredibly smart but if it's all too boy-like for you the Spa is much more feminine with more luxurious touches and a heavenly smell! Waffle dressing gowns and slipper are provided in your room so you can pad down to the spa in comfort. The small gym is well equipped and in both changing rooms is a steam room and sauna. My favourite part of the experience was the hot tub on the balcony outside overlooking the test track - really refreshing. The treatments we had (facial and massage) were good and the therapists were professional. We ate dinner in the bar as it was more relaxed and we only wanted cocktails and nibbles after a late afternoon tea. We paid £50 for drinks and food which I think was well priced for the quality and service. The breakfast was good with delicious perfectly cooked eggs which is no mean feat for a buffet. My coffee wasn't hot when it arrived in the cute little cafetiere but was quickly replaced by keen waiting staff. Overall a great stay in a very smart contemporary hotel with plenty of neat touches to keep the fussiest guests happy. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us on one of our Groupon offers, I am pleased you enjoyed the facilities on offer and I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Surrey, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Easy check in, but got to my room and key card wouldn't work, however was sorted put quickly. Restaurant was nice and service very good..bar cool and yummy cocktails!
When we returned to the room the phones were down so after trying to fix with no avail we were upgraded to another room. Again the phones didn't work but were fixed quickly. My only big gripe was that when we called for room service at 11:40pm we were told they didn't do any that late! So we had to pop to the local 24hr Tescos!! The next morning i was unwell and asked for cooked breakfast in the room and they said it was unavailable and we could only get it as a buffet in the restaurant! I explained i wasn't well ,again and asked for it as a one off but they they refused!
I would like to stay at this hotel again as it is in a good location, great rooms, bar and restaurant, however the customer service needs to improve dramatically!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you are now feeling better. I am suprised that you had to go to Tesco for food in the evening as we do offer a limited room service menu of sandwiches after 11.00pm and I am sorry if this was not made clear to you however this is not a comment we have had previously. Hot Breakfast is only available in the restaurant I am affraid however continental can be served in the rooms and my team would have happily served you some toast, pastries etc if you were not feeling well. I do hope despite these niggles which I will discuss with the team we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!