“Fantastic curry house” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Shrewsbury
“Fantastic curry house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This curry/balti house is a real local gem. Its authentic food is really tasty and the Naan breads freshly cooked are a dream, like clouds on a plate! What is really good is you can order a curry/balti to your own specific spice specifications from mild to very hot, so you can choose anything you like on the menu and spice it up to your preference. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes and will guide you if needed.Its a really great place for a curry either in a group, alone or as a couple. Will always go when I find myself in Wolverhampton.

• Visited September 2013

Newcastle, UK
“Nicest curry ive ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visited Jivans when working in the area based on the trip advisor reviews. Location was fine for me as in town and close to where i was working, no issues with that.
There was no one else in there when my friend and I visited but i think this is an unusual thing fro them judging by previous reviews and it didnt put me off. I actually quite like the wooden seating, i think its quite a charming little place and we were greeted by a very friendly face.
Anyway the food, we had lamb chops, onion bhaji and the sizzler tikka prawns for starters, the prawns were beautiful and my friend said the lamb chops were the best he'd had in a very long time. Everything was cooked fresh to order and that was reflected in the taste.
now i love a good curry however i am a total wimp when it comes to spice so im usually restricted to the masalla/korma kind of options however very refreshingly in Jivans i could pick anything off the whole menu and they would make it wild for me. I had the chicken Bhuna and I can honestly say it was the nicest curry ive ever eaten, in fact the nicest meal ive had out in a long time. it was creamy, full of flavour and not greasy or oily as with some places. The chicken was tender and plentiful. My friend was equally impressed with his offering. We shared a rice and a naan as side. I could have done without the rice actually as the curry was superb on its own but the naan bread was amazing, huge, we couldnt finish it between us. it was crisp, fresh just how a naan should be.
the service here was also very good, the lady who served us was friendly and informative and chef who came out for a chat was lovely, you can tell he is very passionate about the food he is cooking and it more than showed
ive eaten at a few places in my time in Wolverhampton and have had some decent food but i have to say Jivans was the highlight of my trip and should i ever be in Wolverhampton again it will be my first stop. I only wish i could get a curry as good as this back in Newcastle.

• Visited September 2013
wolverhampton
“Best balti in Wolverhampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Yet another great meal in Jivans. Quality never falls and staff are always friendly. Great value as well

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
west midlands
“fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I would just like to confirm other recent comments the food friendly atmosphere and service are second to none in the area ,ignore the surroundings ,their is parking outside or just over the road I will certainly be making this my local from now on

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“More than meets the eye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

As has been stated in all the other reviews ignore the location as this is one of the best Indian restaurants (in fact one of the best restaurants full stop) in the west midlands
My last trip there and they were closing up for the night but being jivans this is not a problem, we were treated in their usual high standard and not rushed at all. Any meal is adjustable and they are happy to bring out samples to help you choose the chefs, the owners, waitress even the gent who was sweeping the floor are all friendly know there stuff about Indian food & service. 5 stars doesn't seem enough, wouldn't expect many people from outside of Wolverhampton to end up in jivans but never has hidden gem been more appropriate than for jivans