“DO NOT BOOK THIS "HOTEL"” 1 of 5 stars

Wulfrun Hotel
37 Pipers Row, Wolverhampton WV1 3JY, England   |
Ranked #19 of 19 hotels in Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“DO NOT BOOK THIS "HOTEL"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Please anybody with any self-respect/standards of hygiene/value for your life never ever ever book this hotel. It is NOT a hotel, it is a hostel that the local council & probation service use to house homeless/drug users/alcoholics and criminals until they can be rehoused elsewhere. I cannot believe they are actually allowed to advertise themselves as a hotel, they should be removed immediately from any hotel listing as I feel it is totally unfair for people who are not from Wolverhampton and therefore don't know what this place is actually like who end up booking it thinking it's a normal hotel. It's basically just a dumping ground for the council when they can't house people anywhere else because of their past behaviour at other local homeless hostels.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't stay here even if I was homeless.The 1st guy I spoke to was friendly but I got the impression that he thought he was doing me a favour by saying "for you darling,it's £30 a night".I paid £60 upfront for 2 nights.The room was a [--].The bathroom & toilet was worse than filthy,no lock on the door.The hotel itself reeked big time.After 75 minutes I decided to leave.I saw another guy,asked for a refund,but he only gave me £30 back saying as I was there for just over an hour I couldn't have a full refund.I just took it & got out.There were mainly homeless misfits living there.I would rather rough it than step foot in this "hotel".I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone,not even if it was free.

• Stayed November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is the worst hotel (dungeon would be a more fitting description) I have ever stayed in. We walked in, paid our money and got escorted to our room with a broken bed. Later finding out we had no room key. The whole place smells of urine and body odor. Our room had nothing that even resembled furniture and when i did open an old chest of draws there was a black wet patch of an unknown liquid. Ever socket was broken, no towels or pillows and no lock or light on the bathroom door. I had played football that day and ended up showering with my football boots on as i did not want to touch the floor. When we did return after our night out we were greeted with a man covered in blood after being in a fight and had to wait outside for 30 mins before we could be let in to our room. Terrible.

Room Tip: Britannia hotel around the corner
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ashton-under-Lyne, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Please avoid this hotel at all costs. It might be cheap but that is no excuse for the state that this place is in. Vile vile vile. Corridors were smelling of wee, needle covers in the bathrooms, no lock on the bathroom door, looks like it hadn't been cleaned since it opened. It should be shut down.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This Hotel was absolutely disgusting and a complete rip off! the mannerisms off the staff are non existent, it is absolutely filthy from top to bottom, the first floor stunk to the high heavens of urine, the place is full of drug an alcohol users that live there, there is no breakfast, the mattress was filthy had a period stain on one side an was just pure filth on the other, the sheets on the bed weren't clean at all still had hairs an a flea! the shower facilities did not work, the wardrobe was broken down, the tv didn't work properly and mine an my partners room was right next to club crc smoking area so was kept up until 2am this place is by far the worst place ever! im surprised its passed any sort of inspection it needs closing down! waste of money and a weekend they should be ashamed of there-selves

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

...And you don't like there being lights in the bathroom, doors on the wardrobe, having an actual bed, a key for your room, needle free communal space, mirrors or any standard of living then this is the place for you!
But in all seriousness it was bad. If you have any other option take it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night at this hotel/hostel never again staff don't understand you rooms filthy,no lock on door window wouldn't close graffiti in wardrobe I wouldn't put my clothes in there.they didn't even know there was a booking made until the man went into another room to double check.warning to everyone stay clear from this hellhole

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Wulfrun Hotel? Share your experiences!