“Reconsider having your wedding at the mount” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Mount Hotel

You added The Mount Hotel to your Saves list
The Mount Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mount Road | Tettenhall, Wolverhampton WV6 8HL, England   |
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Reconsider having your wedding at the mount”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I chose to have the most important day of my life at The Mount, unfortunately I wish I hadn't, the list of wrongdoings is too big to say, and when I wrote to them to complain I didn't even get a reply. But I'll list a few of the things that they did (or didn't do).
Firstly, I wasn't treated as important, in fact the receptionist when I arrived barely even looked at me as if I was just a hassle. The wedding planner I'd dealt with for the 18 months building up to the wedding wasn't even there on the day, so many of the things we'd asked for never happened. Our wedding was outside, and even after paying £1000 for this it was as if they'd never done one before, I was told which way I would walk from the building, then immediately before I was told I couldn't walk that way as people would be drinking tea there, so I had to climb off a small wall and walk down a gravel track to get down the aisle, by which time my music had ran out, not that it mattered because most my friends and family couldn't hear any music as it was being played on a tiny cheap CD player, rather than the "amazing" outdoor sound system we'd been told about, as this was being used to play background music to the people drinking tea.
The staff smashed the frame off my handmade table plan, then tried to hide it by putting the table plan on the stand and throwing the gram in the corner of an office room without telling anyone.
They took away all the unopened bottles of wine that we'd paid for.
The mother if the bride was treated appallingly by hotel staff, and was left with no room to get ready so had to walk me down the aisle without even being able to do hair or makeup.
On the evening people were having to wait around half an hour for a drink as there was only 1 person on the bar serving over 100 people. Many guests left early as they couldn't get a drink for their children.
And the next morning none of the staff even new we were the bride and groom (not personal at all).

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Walsall, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The public rooms at the Mount Hotel have recently been refurbished to a high standard.
They are stylishand modern but still in keeping with this historical property. The conservatory has been renamed the drawing and is a very pleasant room in which to dine, overlooking the lovely gardens.
Ita a shame that the food let the surroundings down I can only say that it was average. There was the usual choice on offer, two roasts fish and a vegaterian, but the vegetables where very overcooked.

The staff where welcoming and friendly but some of the team where not very knowledgeable about the dishes on offer especially the sweets.

We would go back again and hope that these issues have been sorted, because it's such a lovely relaxing place to spend a few hours with a drink or a meal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WHMH, General Manager at The Mount Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Patricia187059,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Mount Hotel and the great friendly service and knowledge from our team which I will pass on directly.

I am the new General Manager at The mount Hotel and I will be focussing on new menus and quality for all our guests.

I look forward to seeing you return.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just spent two nights at the Mount Hotel. Didn't want to leave it is so lovely. We had a gorgeous room in the refurbished stables, enormous and very comfortable double bed. Walk in shower as well as bath. The weather was wonderful and we spent a lot of time sitting in the garden with trays of tea or coffee, eating very acceptable bar snacks rather than eat inside. Staff fabulous, nothing too much trouble. Lovely trees for children to climb, two boys were having a whale of a time kicking a football round the large grounds and then some tree climbing and swinging. Breakfasts wonderful and freshly cooked to order. Highly recommended, will definitely go again.

Room Tip: The Stables are lovely
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peckarmans,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Mount hotel and I am very pleased that you had a great experience on what The Mount and the team can deliver.

I look forward to seeing you return.

Builth Wells, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Rooms are ok depending on whether you have one of the newly refurbished rooms or one of the old ones. Old ones smell of mildew and good do with a bit of a face lift. Food is generally good and staff are polite and friendly. Road to hotel is a bit of a nightmare as it is a bit tight. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2013
Dear lallysl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I have actioned your constructive feedback in the areas you have mentioned with the relevant departments and I appreciate your positive comments on the food and the team at The Mount which I have also passed on.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel again.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've just had a look at the comments responded to by management of the hotel which refer to the refurbishment as being completed, I would hope that it is being done in phases as I cannot believe that this is the case. We recently stayed at the hotel for a wedding and had booked a family room. The room we had was upstairs and surprisingly for the size of the venue there is no lift - not a problem for us as our child did not require a pram/pushchair but others on the same floor as us did. In our opinion the room we had should not be used as a family room unless it has been sound proofed as there was a function on the day before ours and we could happily sit in our room and sing along to the words of every song that was played - the third bed for our child was actually in the part of the room that it was loudest. Given the time we couldn't be bothered to try and sort out a move that night as we were so tired so arranged for our child to sleep with other relatives down the hall. The function ended at 1am so very, very tired people in the morning. The room was spacious but definitely in need of full refurbishment particularly the bathroom as the shower sprayed water through the hose as well as the shower head which was interesting, we did report this to reception the next day.

The following day we did talk to reception about a move and were given a ground floor room well away from the function rooms - the room was more modern, less spacious, but perfect for us.

Unfortunately I think that the way the buffet breakfast is laid out needs to be reconsidered the food gets cold very quickly so I would suggest having a hot counter rather than the gel burners that they have now - the scrambled eggs in particular looked odd as they were slightly grey. It's a real shame this because you can see that the room and decor have been updated well. Service was very good and there were plenty of staff to clear tables and make sure everyone had plenty of tea and coffee. The second morning I would say they were quite short staffed for a busy period as the food trays were very empty, tables weren't cleared and reset straightaway and tea and coffee wasn't as freely available as the previous morning. One guest actually walked out to come back later because they couldn't find a table that was set up to be used for breakfast.

The staff were very helpful and courteous and if some of the other issues with the hotel were sorted out, over time, it would make their jobs much easier in the long term as guests would be much happier and less prone to ask for moves or complain - accepting that there are some people that will never be happy regardless. Unfortunately we were left disappointed given the website photos etc

I would stay again but after some time has passed as I would like to view the hotel as a work in progress that has fantastic potential.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WHMH, Manager at The Mount Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Firstly thank you for taking the time to write this review all feedback is gratefully received

The refurbishment is being carried out in 4 phases and phase 3 has now been completed this is explained to guests on check in and there is a difference in the grading and prices of the rooms to suit.
We have no lift on site and for this apologies we have had 2 declined planning applications as it is a grade 2 listed building and they will not allow the implementation of a lift.I have taken on your comments on breakfast and this has been looked at and i am glad to see you would return to The Mount and look forward too seeing you in the future.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked into The Mount overnight as we were guests at an evening wedding reception. The initial impression of the hotel is impressive. The receptionist was pleasant and explained how to get to our room. When we arrived outside the door it was painted a different colour to the others, which seemed odd. The room itself was spacious and that's the nicest thing that could be said about it. The furniture in the bedroom was worn and the bed was creaky. The bathroom was totally dated and was grimy and worn. There was a hole in the sink and the pipes were exposed and dirty behind the toilet. The shower over the bath was fed from the mixer tap and took a long time to get warm, then would go cold. At one point the water stopped altogether. The breakfast room was big but it felt like you were entering a sauna. The food was very average and they ran out of bacon and were not cooking eggs any other way but scrambled. The bride had a wonderful day and that is all that matters.The price of a nights bed and breakfast (we got a reduced rate for attending the wedding) need to be reviewed if they require visitors to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WHMH, Manager at The Mount Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review we are currently undergoing the final stages of refurbishment and welcome your comments on board and hope you will return to The Mount in the future and apologies for any inconvenience caused
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wanted somewhere close to visit Wightwick Manor, could not have asked for more. Excellent value, comfortable, clean and friendly, Sumptuous surroundings and pretty gardens made me wish I lived closer to visit more frequently.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WHMH, Manager at The Mount Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for your review feedback is always welcome.Once again thanks for choosing The Mount

Been to The Mount Hotel? Share your experiences!