I chose to have the most important day of my life at The Mount, unfortunately I wish I hadn't, the list of wrongdoings is too big to say, and when I wrote to them to complain I didn't even get a reply. But I'll list a few of the things that they did (or didn't do).
Firstly, I wasn't treated as important, in fact the receptionist when I arrived barely even looked at me as if I was just a hassle. The wedding planner I'd dealt with for the 18 months building up to the wedding wasn't even there on the day, so many of the things we'd asked for never happened. Our wedding was outside, and even after paying £1000 for this it was as if they'd never done one before, I was told which way I would walk from the building, then immediately before I was told I couldn't walk that way as people would be drinking tea there, so I had to climb off a small wall and walk down a gravel track to get down the aisle, by which time my music had ran out, not that it mattered because most my friends and family couldn't hear any music as it was being played on a tiny cheap CD player, rather than the "amazing" outdoor sound system we'd been told about, as this was being used to play background music to the people drinking tea.
The staff smashed the frame off my handmade table plan, then tried to hide it by putting the table plan on the stand and throwing the gram in the corner of an office room without telling anyone.
They took away all the unopened bottles of wine that we'd paid for.
The mother if the bride was treated appallingly by hotel staff, and was left with no room to get ready so had to walk me down the aisle without even being able to do hair or makeup.
On the evening people were having to wait around half an hour for a drink as there was only 1 person on the bar serving over 100 people. Many guests left early as they couldn't get a drink for their children.
And the next morning none of the staff even new we were the bride and groom (not personal at all).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly Refurbished Mount Hotel is a grade II listed Period Property offering a variety of accommodation types standard rooms, deluxe room and executive rooms as well as a Serviced Apartment.All well appointed and Modern with FREE WIFI. The Hotel boasts an AA Rosette awarded restaurant The Drawing Room Bar and Grill wich was also a Runner up in good Food England and Wales 2014 it offers contemporary British cuisine with a twist. As well as having its own Champagne bar serving an array of Champagnes and fine wines. The Hotel also offers an array of function, conference and wedding packages in either our purpose built conference centre; Newly refurbished Mander's suite or exquisite Great Hall dating from 1890. We strive to provide the best customer experience possible and ensure all our guests are comfortable and their needs are met while visiting Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Mount Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Hotel Wolverhampton
- The Mount Hotel Wolverhampton, England