“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 375 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Experience Indigo, Wolverhampton's highly anticipated Restaurant of Classic Indian Cuisine. We have used our passion for superb taste, aroma and flavour to bring the best dishes from India. The mouthwatering combination of spices specially selected along with years of experience all condensed down into every bite of our cuisine. Come and taste the orignal taste of India with us.
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Being Indian...it is difficult to find 'real' authentic Indian food from a restaurant but Indigo hit the spot and it was amazing, from the food to the friendly service and everything you would expect from a 5 star place. We've been so many times and it is always consistent.
Harry and Sonika

• Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

took my wife here for valentines purely on the reviews on tripadvisor. we were not disappointed, we arrived 10 minutes early and were seated almost immediately. the service was excellent even though it was busy. the samples that they bring to you is a very novel idea and works cos we both ordered from the tasters we tried. the food was fantastic and we have already recomended Indigo to people. over all we had a fabulous valentines thanks to the staff. we will be going again and soon hopefully.

wolverhampton
““best in Wolverhampton””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

At long last we have found a restaurant deserved of the title “best in Wolverhampton” and on its way to being one of the best in the midlands. We were greeted by variety sample sauces from restaurant which made our job of choosing what we wanted an easy one, great atmosphere delicious food, and welcoming staff made our night a very memorable one. Thank you and continue your good work, WE WILL BE BACK! If you havent been what are you waiting for?

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Great night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to Indigo again Sat 9th feb.......Absolutely superb!

Food.......Excellent, ambience.......Excellent, welcome......Excellent, service.......Excellent!!

Obviously doing something right as it's packed out every time we go....pleased as punch for the owner's!

Well done Indigo, keep it up!

London, United Kingdom
“The reviews say its good.And it most certainly is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Well it was only a matter of time before curiosity got the better of us. And on Sunday 3rd February Mrs. Electric (originally from these parts) and myself (a Londoner but with 25 years of visiting Wolves under my belt) decided to visit Indigo.
First of all please do not be put off by its location. It has previously been a pub (one of which I know the history of) and it is not in the greatest place. I mention this only because of balanced and truthful reporting. The car park is very secure with plenty of spaces, which is a plus point.

Now just before I continue let's just have a word about Indian cuisine (and indeed all other cuisines for that matter). We all consider ourselves to be experts but in actual fact at the end of the day we can only vote based on what our own brains, eyes and taste buds tell us about a particular food. Mrs Electric and myself have eaten this type of food all over the world. But we are not experts, simply because, for example, the food you will experience in Kerala, Southern India will be vastly different to food served in the North.The same with Thailand. Food in the South will vary tremendously from food in the North and North East. This lack of understanding invariably meets with comments like 'Oh, this is not what I expected' etc etc. So we prefer to say that we have a vast experience of foreign cuisine. But we are certainly not experts.

So with that in mind, on with the review. The welcome we received right from the word go was superb. This level of customer service was maintained from beginning to end. The staff here have been meticulously trained and I think it is the combination of this training and their own personalities which put them clearly in the 'Excellent' category. They were very informative about their product and even if you were an Indian food virgin, they are more than happy to give you the advice you need. They are also fun and took time out to talk to you if that was your wish. Now for me there was another surprise. For the first time ever in any Indian restaurant I have visited, one of the staff was (and I am sure still is) a female. Now I am still very much in love with Mrs. Electric but equally I can still recognise beauty in another woman. She also adapted to my strange sense of humour very quicky. If I was a single man (not to mention a hunderd years younger) I would have certainly chased her around Wolverhampton. Anyway...back to the real world.
The decor is wonderful. It is purple based and this has been my favourite colour for many years, even to the extent that on our many trips to Thailand I have flown with Thai International because they have purple seats. We particularly liked the black flock wallpaper at the back of Indigo, a nice nod in a retro direction to when flock wallpaper was de rigeur of all Indian restaurants. Mrs. Electric, who is no stranger to the art of interior design was particularly delighted with what had been achieved here. Even the toilets would have been worthy of being found in any Mayfair restaurant.
The inclusion of four taster sauces has been well documented in these pages and is a good idea. The sauces which accompanied the poppadoms were enjoyable, especially the apple and mint. The white sauce was not really to my taste but the next person in would probably adore it.

Ok so far so very good. What would the food be like? We found ourselves hoping everything would be fine, especially as everything so far had been perfect.

We need not have worried. The food was wonderful. Mrs.Electric was delighted by her Lamb North Indian Garlic Chilli . The lamb was very tender. There is another restaurant that does equally as tender lamb but as it is nearly 7300 miles away Indigo should not fear the competition too much :)
We both had mushroom rice which although looking a little pale compared to the London efforts, was if anything nicer tasting. My chicken Madras was very pleasing. I asked for a full strength Madras and that is precisely what I got.
My real testing dish was my side of Muttar Paneer. For years I have used this dish as a test of how good a restaurant really is. When it came out I was surprised to see chick peas included in the dish. This was a confusing moment for me as historically I have only been served this dish with peas. On one other occasion a now never visited restaurant in Kent served me with Kabali Chana which was definitely not Muttar Paneer. Here again Indigo explained that because their food is Punjab based, what I had been offered WAS in fact Muttar Paneer done the Punjabi way. They even asked me if I wanted it changed to the type of Muttar Paneer I was accustomed to . I decided to test their version which was a new experience for me. Suffice to say it was wonderful. The sauce was spot on.
We even had desserts which was a rare thing for us.
So there you have it. It is very good indeed. I take my reviews very seriously on Trip Advisor and if it was rubbish, that would have been reflected in the review. But it is simply superb. Well done. A great all round experience.