“Really nice place to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
west midlands
“Really nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

What a wonderful little suprise we found in this place.

Have a very nice selection on the menu and offers from £8.95 upwards. We didnt take one of the offers but we will be back at some point to try.

I had the chicken Tikka starter and my Partner went for the Garlic King Prawn I think it was.

It was well presented and came on a plate with individual sauces for us to try with plenty of salad
My Chiken Tikka was nice and My partner enjoyed hers I would have liked slightly more but then again gone are the days of the £2.00 starter and to be honest it was lovely, and exactly what we paid for. Just me being greedy

Main course i cant remember exactly what my partner had but i had a mixed balti , it was really nice :-)

All in all very nice and well worth the price.

We will be back

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“GREAT QUALITY FRESH FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a lovely little restaurant with a friendly atmosphere and great food. We had the £8.95 week night deal and i must say it was absolutely delicious, freshly made and served up well. I had the shami kebab starter and it was lovely, almost a meal in itself.

I would recommend this restaurant to any body.

5 courses for £8.95 you cannot go wrong here. Will definitely be going again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Small family all girl gathering before hen night, we're all very impressed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had booked the table having found anise through google, pleasantly surprised when we got there, lovely restaurant nice atmosphere an the food was to die for, as a lamb sag fan it just so happens it was the best I've ever had! The staff were friendly, helpful and funny! overall can't wait to go again!!

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I went here on a LivingSocial voucher and would highly recommend it. The staff were very friendly and happy to give guidance on the menu and adapt dishes to customers' requests. It is not licensed but you can buy drinks nearby and there was a good range of soft drinks which were good value (e.g. glass of coke, rubicon lychee - £1). The presentation of the starters really stood out, they were on special plates with hollows for a variety of sauces. My husband seconds the recommendation of the tetuly below, and I had chicken tandoori which was very tasty. We both tried something from the fusions section for the main, and would probably go for something more traditional next time. The lamb in the Shoktara was really tender. We also had the peshwari nan as recommended below, which I enjoyed but was too sweet for my husband so take that into account. There was a range of 6-8 ice cream dishes on the dessert menu, we tried the croquante which was nicely presented and seemed to be home-made. I'll be recommending Anise next time people ask me about Indian restaurants in the city centre.

Visited July 2012
West Midlands
“Fantastic evening at the newly discovered Anise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our first visit here with another couple. Very modern interior-I remembered it used to be a coffee shop before it became an indian restaurant. Completely transformed-obviously a lot of money been spent on re-fit. Excellent customer service-felt as though they really cared about making sure we were happy with our order. The presentation of our food was superb-it didn't just look good it tasted good too. We brought our own alchoholic drinks but soft drinks are available to purchase. Highly recommended and hope to have many more excellent meals here.
P.s the Peshwari naan was recommended by MrsCool333 and she wasn't wrong it was the best one Ive tasted in a long while.

• Visited June 2012